tAPI Fear The Reaper

Robo Gogo

Terrarian
clTUDVm.png

~ Do you fear D̶eath? ~
Ye who have defiled the sanctity of the land dwell now upon it without its blessing. Thusly, ye shall be Haun̡te̵d̵! For a price, thou may avert Fate by way of the Ferryman... for a time. Think not ye can run forever.Time̥ waits for no Man. The Reaper Comes̖̱͍̟!

Welcome to the mod for those who hate sleep. After a several minute grace period, you will be haunted by none other than The Reaper itself! Unless you want a taste of the Great Beyond, you'd better run... if you can! Do not think mere mortal magics or trickery will save you. Only Death awaits those who stand their ground!

Your only (temporary) reprieve from the Reaper's pursuit comes by way of the Ferryman: A cheery fellow who asks of you a toll to continue your stay in the land of the living. Yet even amongst the dead, money talks, and his fee will steadily increase with each payment. However, there *is* a more permanent solution, if you're up for the challenge...

1. Install Latest tAPI (r14a for Terraria v1.2.4, as of this writing). Game Launcher is optional, but you may need to locate tapi.exe in your Terraria steam folder.
  2. Download the latest FearTheReaper.tapi mod file below.
  3. Copy the .tapi file into your tAPI mods folder to install the mod. If tAPI set to associate with .tapi files, simply open it to install (e.g. double-click the file). On Windows, the tAPI folder is usually something like C:/Users/<Current User>/Documents/My Games/Terraria/tAPI/Mods/Local
  4. Launch tAPI. Under Mods in the main menu, enable 'Fear The Reaper', then select Reload Mods.
  5. Run from Death. Don't forget the (adult) diapers.

I recommend playing in a dark room with headphones, beginning a new world from scratch with a fresh character. You'll probably want to play softcore on your first attempt. Also, I recommend avoiding spoilers, if you can.

It may not look it, but I did try putting a bit of love into this. It is mostly balanced and tested for single player, but it should also work with multiplayer. If you discover any bugs, mod incompatibilities, or balance issues, please post them here.

Download
v1.8

Last edited:
Version 1.1 is up.
  • Reaper is now much less persistent in his chase behavior in the early game.
  • Initial grace period much shorter.
  • Reaper has added behaviors (see list below).
  • A 'Sanctified' buff now indicates when player is protected from Reaper haunting.
  • Ferryman now drips water.
  • Ferryman's toll price tweaked.
  • Reaper's aura no longer affects Demon Torches.
  • Reaper will not appear while the player is in the underworld.
  • Reaper randomly destroys mobs that get too close to it.
  • Invisibility Potion's effects (while wearing no armor or vanity) prevent the Reaper from appearing.
  • Standing near a Reaper Statue prevents the Reaper from appearing.
  • Reaper is temporarily immobilized by Love Potions.
  • Reaper is severely damaged by direct hits from an Enchanted Sword.

Known issue: I am having trouble getting the Reaper spawning behavior to work correctly in multiplayer, it turns out. I'll need some assistance with this, since nothing I've tried seems to solve it.

Attachments

• FearTheReaper.tapi
    259.4 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Version 1.1 is up.
  • Reaper is now much less persistent in his chase behavior in the early game.
  • Initial grace period much shorter.
  • Reaper has added behaviors (see list below).
  • A 'Sanctified' buff now indicates when player is protected from Reaper haunting.
  • Ferryman now drips water.
  • Ferryman's toll price tweaked.
  • Reaper's aura no longer affects Demon Torches.
  • Reaper will not appear while the player is in the underworld.
  • Reaper randomly destroys mobs that get too close it.
  • Invisibility Potion's effects (while wearing no armor or vanity) prevent the Reaper from appearing.
  • Standing near a Reaper Statue prevents the Reaper from appearing.
  • Reaper is temporarily immobilized by Love Potions.
  • Reaper is severely damaged by direct hits from an Enchanted Sword.

Known issue: I am having trouble getting the Repear spawning behavior to work correctly in multiplayer, it turns out. I'll need some assistance with this, since nothing I've tried seems to solve it.
you need to use NetMessage.SendData to make it actually work in MP.

It seems I was mistaken about CanSpawn not being called. I made several assumptions about the separation of client and server that's most likely the cause of my problems.

Should my latest fixes not resolve the matter, I'll try what you suggest.

Je vois pas what you mean when you say the reaper takes more DMG from an enchanted sword... Is that an item added by the mod ?

:joy: FTW

Okay, So in order to deal a bunch of damage to that thing we gotta find that super duper rare Sword ?
This kinda becomes too expensive to pay the fee so I guess it must be found QUICKLY !

EDIT : Doublepost is a thing I hate a lot

Last edited:
Okay, So in order to deal a bunch of damage to that thing we gotta find that super duper rare Sword ?
This kinda becomes too expensive to pay the fee so I guess it must be found QUICKLY !

EDIT : Doublepost is a :red:
no you can damage him with all other weapon, he just takes extra damage if you hit him with that sword

Yeah i know that but ... he's just annoying, I mean I see him everywhere I go and I barely escape his attacks :)
I guess you know the way to definetely kill it (I managed to make him "Go away" for a while)

This seems interesting, may pick it up, but it would be annoying as hell with my other mods :)

Version 1.2 is up.
  • Multiplayer seems to work now. Any help testing this would be appreciated.
  • Reaper a bit less aggressive.
  • Various tweaks.

Attachments

• FearTheReaper.tapi
    263 KB · Views: 309
Nah not scary add some screams to the reaper is not even scary to wet my pants
[DOUBLEPOST=1428451625][/DOUBLEPOST]But is very good

Back
Top Bottom