tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an error that I can't locate
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Dinosauria.tapi: TAPI.Mod+LoadException: More than one ModBase found.
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I got an error that I can't locate
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Dinosauria.tapi: TAPI.Mod+LoadException: More than one ModBase found.
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
There are 2 .cs files that extend the ModBase class. (Two of your files have 'public class DinosaurMod : ModBase')
Only one ModBase can exist per mod, usually the MBase.cs file.
Check your other .cs files and remove/update the other ' : ModBase' part.
Usually happens when you copy and paste some old code to reuse in another part and forget it was there.

It depends on what kind of change you want to make (if I remember correctly, it should be possible to change most things, but many features require different methods for changing them).
For example, to change an NPC's damage, you could do something like:
Code:
NPCDef.byType[monsterID].damage = whatever;
Replacing monsterID and whatever with numbers. This line of code should go in your mod base's OnLoad method (or something like that).
(Keep in mind that if you want to change the damage of an NPC's projectiles, you'll have to change its AI, which is a bit more complicated.)
Thank you very much!

This must be a bug with the tAPI mod cause omnir doesnt know about it

"System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.SpawnTravelNPC()
at Terraria.Main.UpdateTime()
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)"

A Traveling merchant spawns outside the boundry and crashes the game

I'm not sure if i'm supposed to put crash reports here or not but I don't know where else to put it.

Crash report: http://puu.sh/h6dkq/69d693de9c.png

I was playing with Omnir's Nostalgia pack and I placed tifa's top on a female mannequin and now my world crashes when I open it. I've already told Omnir about this and he told me to put it here instead.

de0ady.png

Instantly getting this when starting this mod.

Try re-installing your whole Terraria (Right-click Terraria Icon in Steam, click "Delete Local Content")
Okay, thank you, I will see if this works. If not, I'll go through the pain in the buttox Game Launcher installation again (seriously, took me almost an hour because of all the errors...)
EDIT: Still getting the same error! UGH! :mad:

Last edited:
:indifferent:Alright, I've asked this question a few times on other pages, so I'm going to try it here. Where do I find a mod that contains spears but isn't packaged so you can't see the items code. I know what you're going to say, I can just get the template mod, but the spear is broken in that. If someone can tell me where to find an example spear or better yet tell me how to make one that would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, thank you, I will see if this works. If not, I'll go through the pain in the buttox Game Launcher installation again (seriously, took me almost an hour because of all the errors...)
EDIT: Still getting the same error! UGH! :mad:
From the looks of your crash report, it's not tAPI or a tAPI mod that's causing any problems, it's Game Launcher. Game Launcher is attempting to look for available downgrade patches when the crash appears. Try a different Game Launcher version or ask in the Game Launcher thread.

Error 509 Bandwidth Exceeded, maybe so many people have been checking for available patches, Dropbox locked access to the patches text file.

:indifferent:Alright, I've asked this question a few times on other pages, so I'm going to try it here. Where do I find a mod that contains spears but isn't packaged so you can't see the items code. I know what you're going to say, I can just get the template mod, but the spear is broken in that. If someone can tell me where to find an example spear or better yet tell me how to make one that would be greatly appreciated.
While I don't really know many mods, I know that you can easily open up and view the contents of any tapi mod file by using a program such as 7zip. So it should be easy to see the code once you find a mod with a spear.

From the looks of your crash report, it's not tAPI or a tAPI mod that's causing any problems, it's Game Launcher. Game Launcher is attempting to look for available downgrade patches when the crash appears. Try a different Game Launcher version or ask in the Game Launcher thread.

Error 509 Bandwidth Exceeded, maybe so many people have been checking for available patches, Dropbox locked access to the patches text file.
Alright, thank you! :)

While I don't really know many mods, I know that you can easily open up and view the contents of any tapi mod file by using a program such as 7zip. So it should be easy to see the code once you find a mod with a spear.
Ok Thanks anyways. I'm trying to make spears for all the ores. Thanks for informing me about using 7zip to view the code.

Whenever i try to open TAPI, the startup sound plays, but that's it. what should i do?
You should delete the config.json file in My Documents/My Games/Terraria/tAPI, pretty sure. I had the same problem, that fixed it though. (I also had Omnir's Nostalgia Pack, lol.)

You should delete the config.json file in My Documents/My Games/Terraria/tAPI, pretty sure. I had the same problem, that fixed it though. (I also had Omnir's Nostalgia Pack, lol.)

Yeah, i figured that out and deleted it. thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom