Weapons & Equip Shard of Desperation

LoM2

Retinazer
Alright, I'm back. It's been a while, hasn't it? Debates and stuff.

Okay, so it's late and this is more a concept based idea so I'm not bothering to sprite this. I might go do it tomorrow.

Shard of Desperation:
+ x20
Increases damage as you lose HP
-20% DMG

See description of item.

The damage decrease is to force the player to think strategically. Starts the player off with a lower base damage but as the health decreases the player can deal more damage than he could even without the debuff.

I don't have any equations set in stone for this, however I'm thinking that a player can achieve 200% of their original attack damage when they're at 1 HP. For this to be balanced the equation would probably have to be exponential, such as:

d=a(500/h)^2

Where d = damage modifier, h = current health, and a is some unset number that I do not feel like going and testing for.

That's about it. Feedback is as always appreciated, although I probably won't see anything posted until tomorrow.

Just dropping in to point out a massive flaw with your equation.

In order to achieve +100% Damage at 1 HP, a would have to equal 1/2500, which means that having any amount of health above above 10 results in having a damage bonus of less than 1%, and the only amount of health that yields more than +10% in damage is 3 or less.

Unless you can come up with a viable way to translate health into damage, this isn't going to work.

Just dropping in to point out a massive flaw with your equation.

In order to achieve +100% Damage at 1 HP, a would have to equal 1/2500, which means that having any amount of health above above 10 results in having a damage bonus of less than 1%, and the only amount of health that yields more than +10% in damage is 3 or less.

Unless you can come up with a viable way to translate health into damage, this isn't going to work.
Point taken, however as noted above I am lazy and do not feel like doing math. Theoretically though if exponential growth doesn't work, putting on it a linear system should work. Maybe. Probably.

Back
Top Bottom