Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Tab/inventory files (TSR) are for carrying items between characters, they cannot be loaded by Terraria directly. You would want to load/append tab contents to an existing character and save the character using "Save" button in top-left corner of the program.

I'm loving this web-based tool.
  • It's really fast in a search, despite the large library of items with v1.2.4.1.
  • You have icon and item location representation for it (it doesn't appear as an annoying list, so you can actually put the item in the slot where you want it as if you were looking at your inventory in Terraria.
  • Quick to load character files
  • You can even see your location on each server / world, which is awesome! It's useful to know which worlds your characters have been to.
  • You have all the items that seem to be missing in some of the other character/save/profile editors.
I am thoroughly impressed with just how simple, yet powerful a web-based editor can be. Keep up the great work, YAL. With it being web-based, I imaging updating the code must be slightly faster compared to the binary counterparts. This editor has been bookmarked. I'm curious about one thing: How much of it is server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, etc)?

I am thoroughly impressed with just how simple, yet powerful a web-based editor can be. Keep up the great work, YAL. With it being web-based, I imaging updating the code must be slightly faster compared to the binary counterparts. This editor has been bookmarked. I'm curious about one thing: How much of it is server-side scripting (PHP, ASP, etc)?
Thanks! There's actually very little of server-side in the program in the current state. Item information is loaded together with program for instant search results, and character I/O is done with according HTML5 and Flash APIs to avoid processing user files on the server. This is also why it's possible to download the Flash version for offline use (HTML5 version can not work like that due to browser and system security policies about reading local files).
When a content update rolls in, however, there are things to do:
  • Trying to load 3000 images from the server is not a very good idea, so they have to be packed into a texture sheet. This is accomplished by converting needed images to PNG, and then passing them into a program made specifically for this purpose, which downscales images where needed and packs them into the texture.
  • Similarly, information about items has to be stored in a compact way. Game is polled for item information via the C# API and information is packed into a compact format like this.
  • If the character file format changes, extra research is carried out to find the changes and add support for the format version. Normally involves comparing two versions of the same [decrypted] character file in a hex editor.
  • Once everything is done, program gets recompiled, compacted, and uploaded to the server. Update rolls in to visitors the next time they visit the page, or, in the worst case, when they manually refresh the page.

In the future could you make it so we can open player files made from tAPI? Or is it already a thing because I cant do it XD
I have once answered this earlier. I have further investigated the format since then, and, well, it's much more different than I anticipated. I can make an small editor for TAPI player files, but it would just have item names (which is how TAPI tells items apart), item quantities, and the modifier. No icons or fancy item descriptions. Would that be sufficient?

I have once answered this earlier. I have further investigated the format since then, and, well, it's much more different than I anticipated. I can make an small editor for TAPI player files, but it would just have item names (which is how TAPI tells items apart), item quantities, and the modifier. No icons or fancy item descriptions. Would that be sufficient?
Ok yeah that would be good. I don't really care if you given them item descriptions, plus I think it would take up more space for it also. Overall as long as you make a tAPI inv editor that's fine by me.

It's down for me, stating that the DNS could not be established. Oh well... I'll try to figure something out.
The website shows up for me today so if you're still receiving an error message about the site being down, you may need to restart your modem or flush the DNS.
In Windows: Press Win + R; type cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.

The website shows up for me today so if you're still receiving an error message about the site being down, you may need to restart your modem or flush the DNS.
In Windows: Press Win + R; type cmd /k ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
I think I'm not allowed to access websites in the Cocos Islands, for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom