tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got tAPI a few days ago, and when I go to open Terraria normally it still opens the tAPI Launcher. Do I have to rename the Terraria.bak file to just Terraria to work and swap them out when I want, or not? Also, are there any risks to my worlds and characters?

I got tAPI a few days ago, and when I go to open Terraria normally it still opens the tAPI Launcher. Do I have to rename the Terraria.bak file to just Terraria to work and swap them out when I want, or not? Also, are there any risks to my worlds and characters?
1 no, just hit add program qnd click the original terraria.
2no

What do you mean by add program exactly? Also, a little off topic but is there any risks with using TEdit? Sorry, I'm new to the mods.
In the laumcher, there should be an add program button. Click it, and select the original terraria. Them hit ok

What do you mean by add program exactly? Also, a little off topic but is there any risks with using TEdit? Sorry, I'm new to the mods.
World files do have a chance of getting corrupted with Tedit(unless I am mistaken) however unless you do extremely weird things with tEdit it isn't to high of a risk,

Last edited:
World files do have a chance of getting corrupted with Tedit(unless I am mistaken) however unless you do extremely weird things with tEdit it isn't to high of a risk,
Ok, I just wanted to add a Lihzahrd Temple to my old 1.1 world and some beehives, probably nothing to cause corruption of the file then. Thank you guys for the info.

Is it possible to edit the drops of a vanilla mob? I'm thinking about making a God of War weapons mod complete with red orbs dropping from hostile mobs so you can upgrade your weapons.

LuckyMax, Are you running it from the game folder or from a shortcut on the desktop? Try running it from the folder where it's installed maybe, dunno.

Well I have been having some problems with my spear if you have been following along. Well guess what, I got it to work!:happy: Turns out it was namespace error. Total derp move on my part. I have one problem though, the starts offset. It starts out at the tip and as far out it goes as the middle. I need it to start at the middle and reach the tip at its peak. I just don't know how. Here's the code.
Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics;

using TAPI;
using Terraria;

namespace MaxsMod.Projectiles
{
    public class CopperLanceProj : ModProjectile
    {
        public override void AI()
        {
            projectile.light = 0.9f;
            int DustID = Dust.NewDust(new Vector2(projectile.position.X, projectile.position.Y + 2f), projectile.width, projectile.height, 24, projectile.velocity.X * 0.2f, projectile.velocity.Y * 0.2f, 100, default(Color), 0.5f);
            Main.player[projectile.owner].direction = projectile.direction; //Make's the owner face the direction the spear
            Main.player[projectile.owner].heldProj = projectile.whoAmI;
            Main.player[projectile.owner].itemTime = Main.player[projectile.owner].itemAnimation;
            projectile.position.X = Main.player[projectile.owner].position.X + (float)(Main.player[projectile.owner].width / 2) - (float)(projectile.width / 2);
            projectile.position.Y = Main.player[projectile.owner].position.Y + (float)(Main.player[projectile.owner].height / 2) - (float)(projectile.height / 2);
            projectile.position += projectile.velocity * projectile.ai[0];
            if (projectile.ai[0] == 0f)
            {
                projectile.ai[0] = 3f;
                projectile.netUpdate = true;
            }
            if (Main.player[projectile.owner].itemAnimation < Main.player[projectile.owner].itemAnimationMax / 3)
            {
                projectile.ai[0] -= 1.1f; //How far back it goes
                if (projectile.localAI[0] == 0f && Main.myPlayer == projectile.owner)
                {
                    projectile.localAI[0] = 1f;
                    if (Collision.CanHit(Main.player[projectile.owner].position, Main.player[projectile.owner].width, Main.player[projectile.owner].height, new Vector2(projectile.center().X + projectile.velocity.X * projectile.ai[0], projectile.center().Y + projectile.velocity.Y * projectile.ai[0]), projectile.width, projectile.height)) //The if statement to make a projectile after the spear point reaaches it's max distance; you can remove the if statements and the things it contains to make it a normal spear
                    {
                        Projectile.NewProjectile(projectile.center().X + projectile.velocity.X , projectile.center().Y + projectile.velocity.Y , projectile.velocity.X * 1.5f, projectile.velocity.Y * 1.5f, "COFP:MiniAncientSpear", projectile.damage , projectile.knockBack * 0.85f, projectile.owner, 0f, 0f); //Spawning the projectile
                    }
                }
            }
            else
            {
                projectile.ai[0] += 0.75f; //How Far It Goes
            }
            if (Main.player[projectile.owner].itemAnimation == 0)
            {
                projectile.Kill(); //Kills projectile after it is done
            }
            projectile.rotation = (float)Math.Atan2((double)projectile.velocity.Y, (double)projectile.velocity.X) + 2.355f; //Rotates the spear based on where you shoot
            if (projectile.spriteDirection == -1)
            {
                projectile.rotation -= 1.57f;
            }
        }
    }
}
All I need is a origin point readjust.

Here's something you can do:
Uninstall tAPI completely,
Download and install Game Launcher (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/game-launcher-3-2-1-5.1061/)
Reinstall tAPI.

Game Launcher is a handy tool which allows you to launch alternate/modded versions of Terraria (like tAPI) while having instant access to launching vanilla Terraria at any time. Hope this helps. :D

Hi, me again with questions.
If there are conditions spawn monsters, for example Main.hardMode or Main.bloodMoon, is there anything for the goblin invasion? :indifferent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom