tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serris's fight was always fairly quick in Fusion, I believe. If I extend the duration of its speed booster, the fight may last longer. Again, I just need to make Serris's speed boost more effective against the player and the fight might become enjoyable, rather than boring...

As for the Plasma Beam, I'll look into it.
True, Serris was quick. The Plasma beam definitely needs changing, otherwise I might as well use the magic harp, how about you remove the lowering of the damage after each pierce, and make it require souls of sight?
[DOUBLEPOST=1429462199][/DOUBLEPOST]
2015-04-19_00003.jpg
2015-04-19_00006.jpg

You can use the flying carpet while in morph ball or while flipping, it's not a glitch, it just looks funny.

True, Serris was quick. The Plasma beam definitely needs changing, otherwise I might as well use the magic harp, how about you remove the lowering of the damage after each pierce, and make it require souls of sight?
Well, I've just now solved the problem for the Plasma Beam... It still hits enemies multiple times, and its damage is divided by 3 each time it hits that enemy. However, instead of the projectile's damage being divided for all enemies, it's only divided for whatever specific enemy it hits...
Wow, I think I'm explaining it wrong.

Let's call the first shot projectile 1, and the first enemy it hits is enemy 1.
Projectile 1's damage will be divided by 3 each time it hits enemy 1, but its damage is reset to max when it hits enemy 2, 3, or 4 (the next few enemies it hits).
Projectile 1's damage does not affect projectile 2, 3, or 4's damage (the next few projectiles shot) as the damage isn't tied between them...

Basically, shoot a group of enemies, all of the enemies will receive equal damage...
View attachment 46172 View attachment 46174
You can use the flying carpet while in morph ball or while flipping, it's not a glitch, it just looks funny.
Strange, you shouldn't be able to use the flying carpet while in Morph Ball form, because, well, you don't see Samus Space Jumping in Morph Ball, do you? :p
I'll take a look at it.
I'll also look into the second one, because flipping with a flying carpet is silly looking. :confused:

I'll release an update with these fixes... sometime today, maybe.

Well, I've just now solved the problem for the Plasma Beam... It still hits enemies multiple times, and its damage is divided by 3 each time it hits that enemy. However, instead of the projectile's damage being divided for all enemies, it's only divided for whatever specific enemy it hits...
Wow, I think I'm explaining it wrong.

Let's call the first shot projectile 1, and the first enemy it hits is enemy 1.
Projectile 1's damage will be divided by 3 each time it hits enemy 1, but its damage is reset to max when it hits enemy 2, 3, or 4 (the next few enemies it hits).
Projectile 1's damage does not affect projectile 2, 3, or 4's damage (the next few projectiles shot) as the damage isn't tied between them...

Basically, shoot a group of enemies, all of the enemies will receive equal damage...

Strange, you shouldn't be able to use the flying carpet while in Morph Ball form, because, well, you don't see Samus Space Jumping in Morph Ball, do you? :p
I'll take a look at it.
I'll also look into the second one, because flipping with a flying carpet is silly looking. :confused:

I'll release an update with these fixes... sometime today, maybe.
So, it will still do its base damage against a group of 20 pirates, but it will reduce damage as it shoots through the Destroyer?

So, it will still do its base damage against a group of 20 pirates, but it will reduce damage as it shoots through the Destroyer?
Uh...
Well, no, actually. Considering the Destroyer actually consists of multiple NPCs...
That's the way snake-type enemies work, anyway. They have a head, multiple body segments, and a tail. The Plasma Beam might be considerably overpowered against it. :naughty:

Uh...
Well, no, actually. Considering the Destroyer actually consists of multiple NPCs...
That's the way snake-type enemies work, anyway. They have a head, multiple body segments, and a tail. The Plasma Beam might be considerably overpowered against it. :naughty:
Then what's the point of it reduce damage against a single target? Terraria's base coding already makes it so a piercing projectile can only hit a single target once...

Then what's the point of it reduce damage against a single target? Terraria's base coding already makes it so a piercing projectile can only hit a single target once...
Yyyyeaaaahhh, but I disabled that for the Plasma Beam, so it can hit a single target more than once, because I wanted the feeling of my shots shredding through enemies, like in Metroid Fusion. :happy:
Edit: Which is also why its damage gets reduced...

Yyyyeaaaahhh, but I disabled that for the Plasma Beam, so it can hit a single target more than once, because I wanted the feeling of my shots shredding through enemies, like in Metroid Fusion. :happy:
Edit: Which is also why its damage gets reduced...
Kay, so, when are you going to release this patch? I can't wait for my plasma beam to be worthwhile. :naughty:

Kay, so, when are you going to release this patch? I can't wait for my plasma beam to be worthwhile. :naughty:
Soon. Ish.
Someone over on the old forums said there was a bug with the aim cursor. It turns invisible.
Either I can fix it, or it's a mod conflict (which I most likely can't fix). Not sure which yet. If it's the latter, I'll go ahead and release the patch...

Soon. Ish.
Someone over on the old forums said there was a bug with the aim cursor. It turns invisible.
Either I can fix it, or it's a mod conflict (which I most likely can't fix). Not sure which yet. If it's the latter, I'll go ahead and release the patch...
I've never seen the aim cursor disappear before, it's most likely a mod conflict

Found a really weird glitch:
6SErkGk.png

It happens when you have both morph balls on and morph, you fly through the ground.

Visual quirky bug: when speed boosting, if you open the map, your icon will lose it's color once you come to a stop.
2015-04-19_00007.jpg

Found a really weird glitch:
6SErkGk.png

It happens when you have both morph balls on and morph, you fly through the ground.
Well, it was never intended for someone to equip both of the morph balls...
Maybe I can put a restriction on it, kind of like how you can't equip 2 pairs of wings in vanilla Terraria.

Visual quirky bug: when speed boosting, if you open the map, your icon will lose it's color once you come to a stop.
View attachment 46243
I'm going to assume the color turns to normal once you toggle off the full map? Because if that's the case, it's not really that much of a problem...
Although, I can probably find a fix for it.

Well, it was never intended for someone to equip both of the morph balls...
Maybe I can put a restriction on it, kind of like how you can't equip 2 pairs of wings in vanilla Terraria.

I'm going to assume the color turns to normal once you toggle off the full map? Because if that's the case, it's not really that much of a problem...
Although, I can probably find a fix for it.
Yeah, it turns to normal after closing it, it's just a little visual quirky thing.
so, when are you releasing that patch?

I found a bug where any appendages (like skeletron's hand) can be frozen by the ice beam.
EDIT: I think you should change the morph ball's recipe from 10 shine potions to a pickaxe of some sort. It doesn't really give off light and i rather not waste 10 good shine potions.
EDIT #2: I also think that hyper beam should use no mana, and change the recipe from 3 hallowed bar to 5 and adding 5 spooky wood so it can be a end game item, as you will already have the best items by then.

Last edited:
I found a bug where any appendages (like skeletron's hand) can be frozen by the ice beam.
EDIT: I think you should change the morph ball's recipe from 10 shine potions to a pickaxe of some sort. It doesn't really give off light and i rather not waste 10 good shine potions.
EDIT #2: I also think that hyper beam should use no mana, and change the recipe from 3 hallowed bar to 5 and adding 5 spooky wood so it can be a end game item, as you will already have the best items by then.
Why do people keep suggesting no mana cost for things? o_O
I keep saying its overpowered...
Plus, the Hyper Beam takes up the Rainbow Gun, which is really late game anyway, so I don't see the point in changing the recipe too much...

And yes, Skeletron(Prime)'s hands can be frozen, although I'll probably change it so the Ice debuff is just less effective and can't freeze them completely...

As for the Morph Ball's recipe, I'll definitely look into it. Because I'm starting to think that needing a Lucky Horseshoe makes it unbalanced as well, because the player will have to get later into the game just to get it. (And the Morph Ball (and Bombs) were always an early game item in the Metroid series...)

That, and doesn't the power suit negate fall damage anyway?

I'm trying to visualize the player literally combining a lucky horseshoe into the morph ball. How would that even look? :p

That, and doesn't the power suit negate fall damage anyway?
Currently, it does, yes...

However, I'm thinking about finding a way where it simply reduces fall damage rather than negates it completely. And the percentage it reduces it at depends on the suit.
For example:
Power Suit: 25% reduced fall damage,
Varia Suit: 50% reduced fall damage,
Gravity Suit: 75% reduced fall damage,
Phazon Suit: ... 100% reduced fall damage?

Could be something to look into...

Currently, it does, yes...

However, I'm thinking about finding a way where it simply reduces fall damage rather than negates it completely. And the percentage it reduces it at depends on the suit.
For example:
Power Suit: 25% reduced fall damage,
Varia Suit: 50% reduced fall damage,
Gravity Suit: 75% reduced fall damage,
Phazon Suit: ... 100% reduced fall damage?

Could be something to look into...
Also, the suit's should give more defense, I'm just too squishy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom