Short Story Full Recovery Expected

This story really was a good tale! I'd like to see a sequel to this or maybe a new one with the crimson.

Well, to be honest, this is one of those stories that would actually suffer from having a sequel, like Final Destination (they made four anyway, but never mind about that). I feel that this story is served well by it's ambiguous ending. Having a sequel would either be very much like the original, or it would ruin the ending of this one. Also, the "case report" style is not something I'm planning to use all the time (although first person writing is definitely fun). So a sequel is unlikely. Sorry guys. :happy: (MORE EMOTICONS)

Also, credit where it's due, I was heavily inspired by Vault 22 from Fallout: New Vegas. Not going to pretend it was all my idea.

Dude that is awesome! I really love the light humor in the beginning and the dark descent into horror! :D
The only thing I might suggest changing is the use of the word 'purple', especially in the quote below. It just seems a little awkward. :)
I believe that was an example of license... I thought it was used well.

Well, to be honest, this is one of those stories that would actually suffer from having a sequel, like Final Destination (they made four anyway, but never mind about that). I feel that this story is served well by it's ambiguous ending. Having a sequel would either be very much like the original, or it would ruin the ending of this one. Also, the "case report" style is not something I'm planning to use all the time (although first person writing is definitely fun). So a sequel is unlikely. Sorry guys. :happy: (MORE EMOTICONS)

Also, credit where it's due, I was heavily inspired by Vault 22 from Fallout: New Vegas. Not going to pretend it was all my idea.
That's cool too! We just want to make sure you know we enjoyed the story and would like to see anything else you got cooking. (has been writing small stuff for two decades. ... okay, for quite some time.).

Well, this is just amazing! I don't think I've come across such a well-written short story in this forum before. It's perfectly structured and carries the atmosphere very well indeed. Thank you very much for posting it.

The way you bring a short story together so, well, unfamiliarly, is fantastic and definitely an original concept. I haven't seen the horror genre spread too much into our Literature sections, so a mix of that's always nice. Honestly, I was captivated the whole time, and your storywriting works so well with the genre and style of writing you've tried to achieve.

All in all; absolutely good job. It takes a good writer to be able to accomplish something like this and, as a result, have a well written short story, for Terraria. Some fanfic writers take long breaks, others go on the road of incoherent babble. This, this is fantastic. I hope you participate a little more, Kazzy; it'd be nice to see more of your talent shine through the somewhat inactive curtains of the literature section.

This work of yours makes me a tad jealous in some ways, which I'm a little ashamed to admit, but it's the complete truth. And this is coming from an experienced, real-life writer, so take that as a compliment.

If you do happen to write more, do make sure you tag me.

First of all I want to thank everyone for the incredibly positive reactions you guys have given me. I was going to write some other things here, but I couldn't pull it off without either being arrogant or giving you false humility. Both would be an insult to everyone who has any form of written work in this section.

Right, now, I've seen that some of you are already itching to see my next work, and I just want to inform you guys that this story is not a schoolbook of what I tend to write. Thing is, the way I see it, this story was received so well due to it's relative uniqueness in style. And I'm not really planning to keep that up, to be honest. I'd like to write 'simple', first or third person narratives as well (I already have a new one planned which will be in first person. Nothing fancy this time). Also, horror isn't really my thing, this one came up in a bout of inspiration, I prefer to write comedy really, and I'm not even sure how good I am at that. So, yeah, perhaps starting like this was a bit of a mistake, perhaps it wasn't. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that my next story, whatever it is about, isn't necessarily as good at this one, or even comparable. I've got a tough act to follow, it seems, and I'm not going to pretend like that's going to be a walk in the park. So yeah, don't expect like another 'unique, revolutionary take at the genre', because I'm not actively planning to do so. Yet.

I can't really give you an ETA on when any new material shows up, I'm terrible at ETAs. I definitely don't want to rush it, take it nice and slow. There is plenty of other great work here that you can feast your eyes on in the meantime. I myself will retreat to my den...

Once again, thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

Kazzy, I can't presume to speak for everyone hear but I'm fairly certain that if you simply churned out stories exactly like this over and over (same format, etc), it would be rather disappointing. What I THINK everyone wants to say is that we like this story's voice (your voice) and style and would like to see it further develop, no matter what format it comes in. Im a bit surprised this isn't your usual kind of work as most writers will stick with what they know, especially on a new site, so that was my flawed assumption and reasoning for it. XD I look forward to your comedies, and I would be the past to ETA you (oh no, I know that monster TOO well), but I would like to encourage you to come back to this section the next time you have something rattling in your mind-- and that's a few I'd dare say will be shared by everyone reviewing this so far. :merchantsmile:

I'd like to mention that I am very much familiar with the feeling of having an unorthodox story idea coalesce inside one's head and stubbornly refuse to go away until it has been written. It's led to some of my best work in the past. Perhaps that has resulted in a bit of bias on my part, but I'd like to assert nonetheless that an idea remains yours regardless of its genre, and you have every right to be proud of the work you have created from it.

And do remember that the quality of a story is ninety per cent execution. I have unashamedly skipped stories whose premises tickled my curiosity just as much as or more than this one did, because their tone was not as convincing or their viewpoint not as intriguing as that given to Jenny the Nurse, or because their pacing was too threadbare or their plot too shallow to maintain the suspense you have so diligently brought out through this infection. Your work is a display of your own uncommon skill, and I would say it far exceeds what any one could produce just by trying to piggyback on a popular cliché.

Well, that was one brilliant short story. You've further proven that when it comes to writing about this game, subtlety is key.

Last edited:
That. Was. Incredible. Are you H.P Lovecraft? I mean, that was just so amazing. We need more amazing horror like this in the literature section. Definitely.

I would give this my seal of approval, but I'm at school at the moment, so I don't have the file.

Expect my SOA in a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom