Roxie's Q&A

Roxie

Terrarian
Not the most active member of this forum but some people may be interested in asking a few questions anyway.

And to list a few things about me just so people have some ideas for things to ask: I'm currently in college, in a relationship, spend tons of free time watching anime/playing games, hugely into computers in general, obsessed with Nui Harime, and loves smelling things. That should be enough to get an idea of things to ask; we'll see how things branch off from there.

So ask away!

tumblr_mz78y7Be211sjdigyo1_500.gif

Hey babe!

A father in his will left all his money to his children in the following manner:

$1000 to the first born and 1/10 of what then remains, then
$2000 to the second born and 1/10 of what then remains, then
$3000 to the third born and 1/10 of what then remains, and so on.

When this was done each child had the same amount. How many children were there?

:D

Where did your signature come from?
Well with Ghostar, she and a friend got a couple together, forced them to breed, then killed their babies as they came out. As for context, all three of us play the game warframe and a year ago-ish a HUGE upd8 came out, this upd8 included "wings," basically you put them on and fly around in space doing missions instead of just being on ships. With wings new mods came out, basically these mods were designed to improve your wings, and one of the mods that came out was Hyperion Thrusters which increases your wings speed. You can only get this mod by killing these tiny drones that a bigger mob spawns out, but if you don't kill the mother it just keeps on producing drones over and over again so you can keep on killing them until you get the mod. As soon as I logged into steam she sent me that message, and I thought it sounds hilarious out of context.

As for the second one I can't really remember the context tbh, she just told me "Godspeed" and I thought it was really funny.
Hey babe!
A father in his will left all his money to his children in the following manner:
$1000 to the first born and 1/10 of what then remains, then
$2000 to the second born and 1/10 of what then remains, then
$3000 to the third born and 1/10 of what then remains, and so on.
When this was done each child had the same amount. How many children were there?

:D
9 kids.
Rey8RiK.jpg

57UJEFx.jpg
So there is a simple pattern, first kid gets 1k + 1/10 of the remaining money, second kid gets 2k + 1/10 the remaining money, and so on. We know that Kid_1 == kid_2 == kid_3 == ect. With this, we can follow a simple pattern to basically guess out the problem. I first assumed that there are only 3 kids. That would mean each kid gets 3k dollars in total, and in order for kid1 to get 3k he needs 2k right? So that means 2000 * 10 == 20000. Then 20000 + 1000 == 21000. That would be the Total amount of money he gave if he gave 3k to each of his 3 kids. BUT, lets see how it works out when we math it.

kid_1: 21000 - 1000 == 20000. 2000/1/10 == 2000. 1000 + 2000 == 3000. So that works out mathamatically. But now lets go to kid 2
kid_2: There is currently 18000 dolars left, because after kid_1 got his 2000 extra that brought down 20000 to 18000. Now kid_2 gets 2000, that brings the total down to 16000. 16000/1/10 == 1600, that would add kid_2 up to 3600 dollars, which makes this false. So there are not only 3 kids.

I then did the same thing assuming there is only 4 kids, but when I got to kid 2 his total added up to 4500. This is not right. I did the same for 5 kids, kid_2's total added up to 3400. Not right again. And assuming theirs 6 kids, kid_2's total added up to 4300. Again not right.

It's by time I was assuming theirs 6 kids I noticed a pattern. Each time I got down to kid_2 it the third number value went down by a factor of one. it went from 6, 5, 4, and 3. So with this I assumed that pattern would follow, so I counted down in my head and logically thought that I would find my answer at 9 kids. So I tried that out.

With 9 kids that means each kid will get 9000 dollars, so 8000 * 10 == 80000 + 1000 == 81000. Thats how much money must of been started out with.
kid_1: 81000 - 1000 == 80000/1/10 == 8000. 8000 + 1000 == 9000
kid_2: 80000 - 8000 == 72000 - 2000 == 70000/1/10 == 7000. 7000 + 2000 == 9000

and since I'm lazy and don't feel like typing out the rest, I'm just going to state now that the rest all add up to each kid getting 9000 dollars.
I hope your happy love you made me do this, now you have to ask me an actual question for making me do this math.
What's your favourite anime?

...Yeah I suck at coming up with good questions :p
Why would you make me choose between my babies? Eh, honestly, I'm not too sure which would be my fav. It's not something I ever actually think about, I just watch things and enjoy them at the time I'm watching it. I'm not really a nostalogic person that will look back on things. I guess the closest I have to a fave anime would be something like Kill la Kill, it's one of the few anime's that I actually think about often since I've watched it. It's really nice animation style with amazing characters. Oh and if you count cartoons as anime, then you can throw in Gravity falls in there too. I've literally fallen in love with that show it's so amazing.

You DID tell me you were really good at math. You don't disappoint.

Legit question: Which of the Seven Sins do you associate with yourself?

That wasn't even an actual math problem tbqh, all it was is guessing over and over again until you got the right answer. All you need to know is basic arithmetic and you can get the answer after guessing a few times.

Legit question: Which of the Seven Sins do you associate with yourself?
Yet another question I've never thought about, and as obsessed over the sins as you are I've never done to much great research into them myself. I guess if I were to have to choose it would be something along the lines of Sloth or Lust. I say Sloth because I'm can lack motivation a lot behind a variety of things at times, but I do my best to not let it become a problem that will affect me to greatly. Then I say lust because I just desire a lot of things, I want a many of things in life, but it's not to the point of being a driving force in my life, except for one thing which you already know of. (And I wont be talking about on these forums, sorry to everyone else.) Other than that I can't really see myself in the other sins, I'm the exact opposite of gluttonous, I don't have too much greed, I have pretty much 0 wrath, I'm not jealous of other peoples belongings, and I'm the exact opposite of pride.

Why DO you love Nui so much?
You're too good at asking things yet again I've never thought about. Well, that can be because of many different reasons. When she first shows up in the show I instantly fell in love with her outfit, it's just amazing. Eyepatch, pink frilly dress (everything,) unbrella (I have a huge love for umbrellas,) her hair, and hearts used as a common design in her outfit. It includes many things that are very, very aestitically pleasing to my eyes. Then you get to her movement, she's very paticular about eveyrthing she does. Every step she takes she obviously puts thought into, which makes it look good.

And after all of that stuff, you get to her personality itself which is the huge hit for me loving her. When you first see her you just think some cute girl who likes wearing cute things, with her high pitched voice. Then as she talks (preplanned just like her movement,) she says just the right things to piss people off. Plus, she's p damn grimdark which makes her super fun.

I guess this is the best way to explain it quickly. . . tho I'm p sure I could do it better if I wasn't rushing. This was also a harder question for me because when I like someone/something I don't go "I like them/it because of x, y, and z reasons," but it kind of just happens and I become obsessed. (Most things would fall under that.)

BgA35Yv.gif

uMo6e6P.gif

LaXYiIH.gif

What is the angle of a rainbow in the middle of the sea perpendicular to a mountain?

Do you even know who I am? :D

90 degrees. The answer is literally in the question.
No.

True, I failed at grammar so technically that is correct.

1. Which area of life are you most intrigued by?
2. Which Religion(s) are you most knowledgeable of?
3. Why do you punctuate in hot pink?

True, I failed at grammar so technically that is correct.

1. Which area of life are you most intrigued by?
2. Which Religion(s) are you most knowledgeable of?
3. Why do you punctuate in hot pink?
  1. I really don't care about the areas of my life, but I guess if I were to have to choose one I'd either choose relationship or mind as those two are the most predominate areas of life that affect me. I say relationship because as of now I have a wonderful lover, and a small group of close friends that I put my trust into. I say mind mostly because I'm very logical in my mindset. My personality type comes out to intj, so that in it of itself shows that to be fact.
  2. I guess both Christianity and Greek mythos. Both of those are mythologies that I've spent a lot of time putting study into. (Christianity because I was raised catholic.) While I am not a religious person myself, I still enjoy studying the mythology behind both of these religions. Greek is simply because I just love all the stories behind it, all the Gods are fascinating, and they areall the biggest :red:ing douches to ever live.
  3. This is a question I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't gotten asked yet. This is something that I started around one to two years ago on a different forum, in someones signature I saw how they coloured their tildes, and I really liked that so I basically copied it and started doing similar. After a while I decided I like it so much I now use it for all my punctuation except for a several exceptions. The three exceptions of me not colouring my punctuation is ellipses, and anything inside a quote that I haven't said myself, (the quotation marks itself, however, I do colour,) and very serious topics that me colouring my punctuation may make it seem I'm taking light of it or making fun of it. Another interesting fact about it is it used to not only be pink, but I would use different colours depending on the main colour of whatever my current avatar was. After a while I decided to just stick with pink because it's a nice warm colour that works on most different backgrounds, (especially dark) and so I'm consistent with my posts as I change avatars a lot and had to cycle through colours a lot.

1. I really don't care about the areas of my life, but I guess if I were to have to choose one I'd either choose relationship or mind as those two are the most predominate areas of life that affect me. I say relationship because as of now I have a wonderful lover, and a small group of close friends that I put my trust into. I say mind mostly because I'm very logical in my mindset. My personality type comes out to intj, so that in it of itself shows that to be fact.
  2. I guess both Christianity and Greek mythos. Both of those are mythologies that I've spent a lot of time putting study into. (Christianity because I was raised catholic.) While I am not a religious person myself, I still enjoy studying the mythology behind both of these religions. Greek is simply because I just love all the stories behind it, all the Gods are fascinating, and they areall the biggest :red:ing douches to ever live.
  3. This is a question I'm actually kind of surprised I haven't gotten asked yet. This is something that I started around one to two years ago on a different forum, in someones signature I saw how they coloured their tildes, and I really liked that so I basically copied it and started doing similar. After a while I decided I like it so much I now use it for all my punctuation except for a several exceptions. The three exceptions of me not colouring my punctuation is ellipses, and anything inside a quote that I haven't said myself, (the quotation marks itself, however, I do colour,) and very serious topics that me colouring my punctuation may make it seem I'm taking light of it or making fun of it. Another interesting fact about it is it used to not only be pink, but I would use different colours depending on the main colour of whatever my current avatar was. After a while I decided to just stick with pink because it's a nice warm colour that works on most different backgrounds, (especially dark) and so I'm consistent with my posts as I change avatars a lot and had to cycle through colours a lot.

Greeks gods are where the great douches in life learn.

What is your opinion on the following colors:
Deep Blue?
Indigo?
Pastel Colors?
Red?
Moon blue?

Greeks gods are where the great douches in life learn.

What is your opinion on the following colors:
Deep Blue?
Indigo?
Pastel Colors?
Red?
Moon blue?
  • Decent
  • I love any colour in the violet spectrum, it's such pretty colour
  • Paaaastelll <3
  • I prefer Falu Red
  • Never heard of it

Can I chuck you at people as a form of friendly violence?
How this would help you and how this is a friendly form of violence I have no idea to either of those two questions that lie dormant in my mind. Then again, their are many questions that lie dormant in one persons mind that they can not answer. Why did I eat that slice of cake when I'm on a diet? Why are ducks so :red:ed up? Do aliens have butts? Should situational murder be legalized? These are all things that may lay dormant in someones head, and who knows what else they may put in their head to remain in their for an eternity to never be answered. But that is one of the many complexities of life, people have an air of mystery that one may never find out about them no matter how many questions they ask them. Some things just stay within one persons mind their entire life, even if that person doesn't realize it themselves. This could be an unconscious act or a conscious one, no matter which it is it matters not as it always results in the same outcome; that is, there is always something you may never know about one person no matter how long you are with them. But it all boils down to one true question: do they like butts?

TL;DR: No and I yes I like butts.

Back
Top Bottom