Biomes & Nature The Haunted

neoselket

Ice Queen
So i came up with a new idea for a biome alternate to The Corruption. It has a dark, spooky theme to it.

The Haunted

Grass is a dark orange color. The stone is dark gray and only mineable with a nightmare tiered pickaxe. The trees drop haunted wood. Gravestones and trees naturally spawn here, even after initial world generation. However, they will not spawn more after a certain limit. The music would be like a mix of the underground crimson and the pumpkin moon.

Enemies

Night bat
a bat that spawns at night. N terraria, anyone?

Zombie
unlike the other evil biomes, zombies can spawn here at night. They have a 20% chance to drop a brain.

Specter
wraith AI. Spawns at night. Drops spectroplasm.

Giant spider
spawns at night and rarely during the day. It's a spider.

Creepit
a small orange creature that makes chirping noises and inflicts the "creeped out" debuff, which drastically increases the spawnrate of haunted mobs, especially other creepits.

Sentient gravestone
looks like a gravestone, then it attacks the player.

FJGmGgv.jpg

Dendroid
awesome sprite by @Tastypastry!
a small creature made of wood, shoots sticks at the player.

At the center of each haunted biome, there is a tree. It's bigger than living wood trees, big enough to fit into, and it has an extensive root system. The root is hollow, and has many branches. Eventually, you will find a root that leads to the center of the tree, where you can go up. Dendroids spawn in the trees. At the top, there will be a knowledge core. Breaking this with a hammer will spawn the brain tree.

Brain tree
3000 hp
20 defense
30 damage

The brain tree is the size of a mourning wood, and looks like one except that the wood is orange and there is a brain supported by the branches. It has three attack phases.

Phase 1
the brain tree will chase the player and smash it's limbs(the tree's, not the player's) down to damage the player. It will do this 3 times before moving on to phase 2.

Phase 2
the brain tree will pulse orange, and then spray flaming orange bark at the player from all sides of the tree. it will do this 3 times in a row, move towards the player, and do it 3 more times. bark gives the "haunted" debuff for 5 seconds.

Phase 3
the brain tree will engulf itself in flame and repeatedly charge the player, with 50% knockback immunity.

When the brain tree is dead, it will drop 30-50 haunted bark and 30-80 haunted ore. These can be used to crafted haunted armor.

Brain sapling
summons the brain tree
crafted at a haunted altar with 10 spectroplasm and 1 brain.

Brain seed
summons a brain sapling to follow you
40% chance to drop from knowledge core, 10% chance to drop from brain tree

Haunted bar
crafted at a furnace with 4 haunted ore

Haunted helmet
6 defense
+5% increased melee damage
crafted with 15 haunted bars and 10 haunted bark at an anvil

Haunted chestplate
8 defense
+5% increased critical strike chance
crafted with 25 haunted bars and 20 haunted bark at an anvil

Haunted leggings
6 defense
+5% increased melee speed
crafted with 20 haunted bars and 15 haunted bark at an anvil

Set bonus: attacking enemies gives them the "haunted" debuff for 5 seconds, which makes 2 small orange orbs(like spectre armor orbs) orbit the target and shoot it every second, dealing 10 damage each.

Haunted blade
27 melee damage
5 knockback
speed: fast(22 use time)
crafted with 10 haunted bars at an anvil

Haunted Pickaxe
13 melee damage
75% pickaxe power
speed: fast(21 use time)
crafted with 13 haunted bars and 10 haunted bark at an anvil

Hardmode

Esophlage
70 damage
slow movement speed, spawns near the edge of the screen by rising out of the ground, then oozes at the player with slightly faster speed than a zombie.
200 max life
100% knockback resistance
30 defense

Haunted Werewolf
an orange werewolf, sprints at the player on all fours then attacks on two legs when up close.

Gnarfas
spawns during solar eclipses as commonly as eyezor in the haunted. looks like a werewolf with four arms.

Mobs in the underground haunted drop souls of fright, and skeletron prime drops something else.(souls of blight? wight?)

Haunted acid
in hardmode in the underground haunted, small pools of haunted acid will spawn. Stepping in them will give the "eerie shadow" debuff for 5 minutes.

Eerie Shadow debuff
this debuff causes you to have a shadow version of yourself that will act independently, buying items from NPC's and hitting random mobs. When you get too far away, it teleports to you. It looks like a black outline of you. Is canceled out when on the surface at night or during rain.

Katcheek Mutant
a zombielike monster with it's brain showing. drops a mutated brain, 1% chance. summons a mini katcheek mutant pet.

Ghosts spawn in hardmode in the haunted, more at night and underground.

Haunted trees

They're exactly what they sound like. they appear as normal trees most of the time.

Evil shadows
they're exactly what they sound like. spawn mostly underground.

Spider goblin
can climb walls and walks on it's spider legs. drops spider fangs and/or spider armor.

The Necromancer
spawns in the underground haunted in a demonite fortress. Meant to be fought with hallowed armor. Spawns ghosts, minion of the necromancer, and eye of necromancer.

Attachments

• Creepit.png
    Creepit.png
    464 bytes · Views: 401
Last edited:
Very detailed suggestion with a lot of new ideas! I love it.

I doubt something as big as a new biome would be added in 1.3. but I really think this deserves to be in the game, like right now.

DUDE WALL OF TEXT! Other than that, good. I support, although its a pumkin moon meets the crimson idea, so you might want to change some things. (letting you know before the hate group arives)
Approval.png

Last edited:
Very detailed suggestion with a lot of new ideas! I love it.

I doubt something as big as a new biome would be added in 1.3. but I really think this deserves to be in the game, like right now.

Wow, thanks! this was actually my 666th post, and i thought it would fit.

DUDE WALL OF TEXT! Other than that, good. I support, although its a pumkin moon meets the crimson idea, so you might want to change some things. (letting you know before the hate group arives)

the pumpkin moon/crimson thing was just for what the music would sound like.

Well........
Hey DarkWolf, just so ya know, we actually have rules against posts Lacking in Content.
Expectations When Posting

We ask that Community members strive for a certain level of quality content in their posts. As such, please avoid:
  • Single image/meme/word responses.

• Posting +/-1 (use the like button instead).

• Thread bumps without substantial additional content.

• Multi/Double posting and duplicate threads.

• Begging for anything, likes/games/follows/subscriptions/etc.
In the future, please make sure your posts comply with these rules :) (Best to always use full sentences).

Back
Top Bottom