Game Mechanics Some Small Statue Changes

Azu

Retinazer
Hello everyone! I am here today because while I was playing something bugged me: Jellyfish and Slime Statues only spawn one mob, yet there are numerous variations! So, I began thinking, and came up with a way to fix that.
The Solution?​
Make it so statues painted certain colors spawn different variations of that enemy!
  • Jellyfish (Blue-Blue Green-Green Pink-Pink)
  • Skeleton (Blue-Blue Red-Angry Brown-Rusty Orange-Hell
  • Mimic (Yellow-Gold Purple-Shadow Blue-Ice)
  • Bat (Blue-Giant Pink-Illuminant Teal-Ice Red-Lava Orange-Hell)
  • Slime (Green-Green Yellow-Yellow Red-Red Purple-Purple Black-Black Brown-Mother Negative-Rainbow Orange-Lava Pink-Illuminant Violet-Crimslime Lime-Toxic Sludge Shadow-Slimer)

Now, most of these will behave as normal statues would (do not drop coins, Painted Mimics do not drop their items) HOWEVER, Dungeon Skeletons do not drop Golden Keys, and Hardmode dungeon Skeletons do not drop anything but Pre Hardmode Dungeon gear. Got it? Good.

Also as a side note,
Rainbow Paint behaves like any other paint and makes blocks cycld through the colors like rainbow bricks. A statue painted with Rainbow Paint spawns a random mob of the variations. Thanks to @Tiny for the idea!
This would add a whole lot of diversity in adventure maps and farming, and helps if you like blue Jellyfish way better than Pink Jellyfish!

Did I miss something? Let me know!

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to point out... "superfluous" means "redundant". So the thread title itself says the changes are not needed...

I don't think statue-spawned enemies should drop any items aside from their banners.

Sorry, but I have to point out... "superfluous" means "redundant". So the thread title itself says the changes are not needed...

I don't think statue-spawned enemies should drop any items aside from their banners.
Thank you for letting me know :)
I was building off of what is in the game already ;)

Support. I was actually thinking about statue diversity a while back and got a little bummed when I found there wasn't a way to do this, great idea, and as a thought maybe rainbow paint (if that exists) could spawn any variant of the mob

Reactions: Azu
Support. I was actually thinking about statue diversity a while back and got a little bummed when I found there wasn't a way to do this, great idea, and as a thought maybe rainbow paint (if that exists) could spawn any variant of the mob
Unfortunately it does not exist.

Back
Top Bottom