Short Story An Ancient Library has awoken...

Jerion 'Wyverntamer' Kràl

Empress of Light
Author's Note: This will be my collection of short stories, I write whenever I feel like it, but I might take requests for stories, cameos can also be requested, but you can expect some mocking titles to appear on your character, since most of these are made from the perspective of the character Wyverntamer, or Jerion Kràl, as his true name is, anyways, here I go!

As you enter the room the first thing you notice is the fact that it is extremely dark in here, not as the other places in this old ruined palace. You turn around as you hear a voice, fearing that you might have been discovered, but no, the voice comes from even deeper into the darkness. “Come, don’t fear me, look around, you are now in the last of my domain, come, don’t fear me…” As you walk closer you can see one pedestal with a, scroll on it, and when you look a little bit better, behind it, you can make out a man sitting on a throne, and another person behind him. “Who are you?” You ask, and he appears to smile, though you can’t make it out clearly, due to the darkness of the area. “Read these scrolls, and you can see through my life, I was once the owner of this castle, you can see this as my last piece of what once was a great alliance.” You stumble a bit as you step on something that retracts, then you can see what is written on the first scroll.

SCROLL 1:

Wyverntamer’s Origin

I frown as I hear knocking on the door. “Come in!” And that frown deepens as I see who entered, another one of the representatives of the bards guild, that would be bothersome, what story did they want now? My stories of the army of a thousand years back? Or some other story, of the heroes long forgotten…

“I come to ask one humble story, oh good lord Wyverntamer. One last story, because then we believe we have them all…”

I broke his train of thought with one small, nearly unhearable sentence: “Maybe I should have kept my old habits…”

Of course I knew that I wouldn’t consider it as an possibility, Krialdria knew that, just like she knew every other bit of me, but she did feel the need to warn the mortal. “No, you know I wouldn’t allow that!” She was threatening in her own way, my Krialdria…

“I know, it was just a thought… Anyway, what story did you want to ask me… Mortal?” I add that last bit just as an small insult to their short lifespan, one that is even shorter by their choice of making a living.

The ‘mortal’, who had watched the game between me and my wife got thrust back into reality, facing the choice between quite possibly pissing me off, and knowing that he wouldn’t be protected by the pact, and facing pissing me off, failing his guild, but at least be protected by the pact. He chose the dumb option, he chose to ask me about… “We would… I would like to know the origin of you, where you started, oh lord, and if it’s not too much, I would like to be the first to record the details of your origin.”

Oh, how I would love to see him thrown before the others that would be more than happy to kill him, if that meant getting a chance at pleasing me and possibly getting free, but no, no, he had to be protected by the pact, well, let’s at least get him that wind out of his sails, he won’t be the first to record my origin. “You wouldn’t be the first to record the details of my origin, as a good ‘friend’, for as far as I can have them, of mine, Qui Devorat, has already recorded my origin once, though he now is somewhere else, quite possibly not even in this realm, but that is a secret I won’t be telling you, for now, you’ll have to settle as one of the many that came to ask, but only one of the two who got out alive, you better not mess this up.”

I waited for a long time, for him to be the first to ask me, knowing that he knew I was toying with him, trying to get him to be impatient enough that he would mess up, and that I could throw him in the pit. After a while Krialdria started to move, and I took that as my clue to start. “So, Mr. Bard, who are you? Are you someone with a prominent position or not? That you dare to ask such a dangerous question, but I have not heard of you…”

The bard took it surprisingly well, not catching him of guard with the question strategy. “I am known as Shotte to my colleagues, or as Shotte the Bard to others, I have a pretty prominent position, though there are a lot above me, most of them are royals, such as you, oh my lord.” Well, got to give him credit, he knew what was in the pact, he should always call me by my title, and nothing less, more was allowed.

“Alright, seems like I can’t let you break the pact…” He smiled slightly at that, maybe I could use that? Nah, that was too unlikely. “So let’s get this party started, as you probably know, I have been alive for a very long time, I have seen kingdoms come and go, and helped a few fall myself. But my story started far earlier, back when there was a kingdom that had lasted for at least a thousand years, and while that may not seem like much now, it was much back then, anyway, that kingdom lived in peace, and in that peace, I was born, on another planet, if you could say it so, it was far different from now, with supernatural beings all over the place, but this kingdom managed to ward them off. I was born under the name of Jerion, Jerion Kràl.”

I stop to let him catch up with writing everything down, and then moved towards him to spellcheck him, I correct how he wrote Kràl, and then stepped back again, this time to continue, not to threaten him, but to start talking again. “I had a pretty generic childhood for back in the day, I learned hunting first, then learnt to fight thinking beings, then learned the weaknesses of the supernatural beings, and, also generic for then, I joined the army at the age of 15, when I was done with learning what needed to be learned. And when I was around 25 I believe, I can’t quite remember, there was a huge attack, led by the king of werewolves, at the capital of the kingdom, and we found out that it was the power of all the beings of the night, and not just the werewolves we had prepared for. This left us at a great disadvantage, as they came prepared for us, and they apparently had unlimited ‘men’ waiting for us, me and my fellow soldiers let one desperate charge against the army, and we broke through, defeating them for once and for all, but, most of us were infected, and cast out, while we knew they had the cure we needed to live out our lives, so most of us became wanderers, some of us swore revenge on them, but most eventually killed themselves, I tried. Well, I can’t phrase what happened quite as well, as Qui could do it, so I will read his poem about that part of my life.”

I went to the wall, looked at a list with a picture in it, one of me and the poet, and then went on in the chest that was down there, after some rummaging through the chest, I found the story of the first phase of my undead life, and I began reading the poem aloud.

“Ahem…Once a shred of a kingdom's normality
He had quite the stint of bad luck
And ended up a fatality
As well as the victim of lycanthropy
And so from his land he was cast out
But he shouted "Wait and see!"
"For I will come back,
With a wyvern army!"
And he spent the time in exile
Taming the skies
And the wyverns alongside it
Grown stronger despite swarms of flies
Harassing him day and night.
And one thing led to another,
Now he's a more grotesque sight.
And so he attacked his former royal liege
Destroying the city
In a terrific siege.
Relieving the king's body
Of his soul
And wearing as a helmet
His freshly skinned skull
As well as making the rest
From his leftover skin
To celebrate his death.
The king of apparent sin
Although he probably didn't deserve it
Cause he probably wanted to protect his subjects
And now he's in a pit.
So now legends circulate
Of challengers maimed
Because they tried to face
The man of wyverns tamed.”

The man seemed to go silent for a little bit, the only thing breaking the fragile silence was the breathing of the man and the scratching of wyvern wings against the walls, somewhere… After a long, long time, the man seemed to have gained enough courage to ask one last thing. “How… How did you and the mistress meet, oh lord?”

I had to mentally take a breath, then count to ten, and repeat, before I could speak normally again. “Man, you’re worse than the paparazzi, because I can send them away, and I can’t send you away… Well, you wanted a story, you can have your story, but this one, this one is one for another time, possibly, another kingdom and generation.”

You have read the entire first scroll, and as you look up, you see that the person who was in the throne now is standing next to you. “Interesting, is it not? That is the beginning, as I once told it to a bard, come, I will show you more of the library, me and my wife will do that, it will be nice to have some human interaction, other than ourselves of course.” And with that the tour starts, though, it doesn’t look like this is one organised by the museum, no, this man is speaking the truth, he must be… Wyverntamer.

As you look around it seems like the man has dissappeared. "You can look around all you want, if you see a scroll that interrests you, I might appear." The dissembodied voice tells you, and as you look around you see that all scrolls now are lit up. You walk towards one which seems decorated differently from the rest. "Ah, an interresting choice, truly a story worth retelling a dozen times."

The Scroll
Black fame, the devil's angel.

I don't like stories about a simple murder. Murderer gets into position. Bam! Gunshot. Description of how the blood flowed and that's it.

The man heard a man whistle... A deathmarch, he went outside and found a card on his lawn. 'Want to have anything done? Including killing? Call Black Fame.' The man smiled and called.

I arrived at the airport of the city. I don't even remember the name. I ran through the douane and was checked for any weapons I was trying to smuggle. The man looked up at me and saw me waving a packet of green papers. He smiled. "Nothing wrong found sir, how much is that?" I looked at him. "Threethousand." His grin grew even wider. "Thanks sir." I gave him the money and left.

I met up with my contractor and asked: "Where is it?" He looked at me and told me. "Simple, follow the road. The car's ready." I grabbed my case and left, put it in the car and went to the target. Well, thirty kilometers away. Great these flat planes here.

Alright, I got into position and layed down, aimed and... Bam! The bullet flew and I followed it with my eyes. The blood flew out of his head, splattering the entire wall behind him. The bullet should have lost it's speed, but it hadn't. I smiled.

Two children approached me. One of them crying, the other laughing. I laughed and the crying girl started laughing too. "Let's go shall we?" We left, slowly fading out and in our place came three butterflies. One black, with a white butterfly on either side. Me and my siblings, the children of God and the Devil. Sounds like a good name for a book. As long as it isn't a book about a murder.

The man heard a man whistle... A deathmarch, he went outside and found a card on his lawn. 'Want to have anything done? Including killing? Call Black Fame.' The man smiled and called.

Wyverntamer appeared next to you. "Good story, no?"

A/N: This is just a short story, this one isn't in the ancient library.

He looked at what the protector of the town had done. Had the power finally gone to his head, had he become crazy, like all the others? The guide didn't know, all he knew, was that his protector had summoned the worst nightmare, one he had seen many times before, when he was in the pains after he was sacrificed for the good of the town. "Ahem... Sir? What are you summoning?" The protector looked at him horrified. "I do not know, for I did not see this coming, I just dealt with..." The protector grabbed his head, screaming out in agony and pain. "Sir? Sir! Helen, I need help, Sir is unwell."

As the nurse came to rush to his help, she looked at the protector. "I'm sorry, Sir, but I will be unable to..." She was interrupted by the sound of the sky cracking and the protector got up. "Thanks, Helen, you have given me enough time." And with that the protector flew away, towards the danger, ready to kill it, whatever it would have been. "Kyle? I think it's time." The guide looked at the nurse. "Do I really have to? Are you sure Sir can't do it?" The nurse shook her head. "Sir doesn't have anything to help him, we can't stand up at that being, and the others already packed their bags, they know that Sir won't survive, so you should at least make sure that he doesn't go through that hell, you'll be doing him a favor."

'Am I really?' The guide looked at the protector, he had grown to like him, unlike the previous times, this one didn't kill him needlessly. But, he had a duty to do, and everything that he had to do was just flick one switch, and then...

"Sir! Sir! You shouldn't go and attack that thing, let it go away!" The protector looked at the guide in shock. "Are you crazy? That thing won't kill me! I defeated the celestial pillars without doing anything, if I actually do something, it might be over too fast!" The guide looked at the protecter. "Sorry sir." The protector looked confused, and then shocked, when he felt the knife enter his body. "Why?" He muttered his last words. "Because you can't kill our god..."

"So, do you have any questions?" The man before you asked, and you thought a short time, before asking. "Mister..." The man seemed to smile. "Just say Wyverntamer" You look up and smile. "Mister Wyverntamer, who or what is that being behind you?" Wyverntamer turned around and smiled, clearly, though you weren't sure how you could tell through the armour. "That, young little boy, is my wife, Krialdria Arcanae, the most beautifull woman alive." The woman blushed as she stepped into the light. "Now now, don't make the boy jealous Jerion." Wyverntamer then turns back towards you. "Any other questions?" You look and remember something, something from the legend of The Wyverntamer. "Weren't you supposed to be enemies?"

Wyverntamer looks at Krialdria and then back at you. "Yes, we were supposed to be enemies, but that changed about... What was it? Five thousand years after we met?" Krialdria nodded and Wyverntamer took a small book from a pedestal, it was bonded in leather and looked nice. "Here, this is nice to read, just read it." And then, silently while standing near you. "Quickly, since this is my wife's diary."

Krialdria's diary entry 19990725:

Today I woke up, looking around me hopefully, maybe, just maybe, today I would find rest, after all these years, all these times of trying to kill him, I finally succeeded in burrying him... And... I was disappointed when I heard a yawn coming from behind, and then I heard him approach. "Dear, dear Krialdria Arcanae, don't you ever learn? You can't kill me, I am The immortal." Yes, that was how he said it, The immortal. I want to know how he got to be immortal, I had to search years after years for that rune, only to return to the age of 25.

"Well, you done thinking about what I offered you? Do you want to understand why I did that?" I nodded, of course I wanted to know why in all of the worlds he would kill my family. He placed his hands over my eyes, and when he took his hands away, I saw a place that was familiar, it was his arena. Only where was I standing? ... No, I was sitting, sitting in a throne, not standing, I looked behind me and saw I was in The Wyverntamer's place on that fateful day, the day he killed my family. I saw someone approach, and recognized the face, it was my uncle, and he was wearing his famous armour. "Oh no." That was all I muttered, before I saw what my uncle did, he attacked The Wyverntamer.

I saw The Wyverntamer get up and block uncle's slash with a nonchelant movement. "You, I'm not going to pay you anything anymore, we are not going to pay you anything anymore." I cringed, I now knew what had unleashed The Wyverntamer's rage, my very own uncle, the only one who wasn't killed in the house. "Exactly, you're not going to pay." He walked forward. "The." He raised his hand. "Dead." A fireball started to glow in his hands. "Don't." The fireball shot away, while tiny, right through the head of uncle. "Pay."

I cried out, and the illusion went away. "I have one more gift for you." The Wyverntamer said, and I saw him make a rune in the air. "Take this, I'll let you leave." I took the rune, and I felt what The Wyverntamer felt, I recognized what he had done. He had given me his name, and I felt my feelings change, I understood him better now, far better, and I understood his love for me.

You look around you as you hear some noise, a draining feeling reaches you, and you look at Wyverntamer. "So, you felt it too? That's a spirit that visits from time to time, he used to be a normal person, he had a normal life, good friends, and a fun childhood. All that however was..."

"Blah blah blah, Narrator shut up and let me tell the story. Hello Jerion, I see you have a guest, did I time my visit unfortunately?" You look at what had just entered the room, it was a spirit that was constantly changing, no form seems good enough to last long. "Hello, guest, you seem to be looking at my body, you like it? It's quite hard to maintain this general form, so, it might be that next time that you see me you will see a dragon-like being. That's the curse of being a spirit of chaos."

You must've looked confused, because the spirit laughed, kinda. "Ha ha... I'm Oriknel, a chaos mage consumed by his own power, and completely in control of it." And still you looked confused, because he went on to explain his story. "Jerion? Can I get my..." "No, you can't touch anything in the library, you will change it and you know that." And Oriknel looked sad. "Guess I will tell it from the top of my head, but do correct me, please."

Oriknel created something similar to a chair, it changed constantly, but he could sit on it. "My story started waaay back when I was just a small young boy, I found a small cassette tape, it read a book, and that was a pretty cool book at that. But anyway, the book was appearently a tome for becoming a chaos mage and what it didn't tell is that my parents would change into chaos elementals, similar to me, a spirit of chaos, ever changing, but they didn't retain their intelligence. After a long time, I kinda learned to use my powers, though I still couldn't really contain them. I then went to a school somewhere... I don't actually know where."

"Anyways, I finished that school, and that school taught me how to use my powers more effectively... More chaotically, I used my powers so much that eventually I was consumed by them. So that's how I became me. After all, I do still have my powers, so that's the plus." He then turned to Jerion and signed something towards him. "I would like a drink please." Jerion grabbed a glass of water and threw it towards Oriknel. "Thanks." The glass of water disappeared, just... gone. "So, I'll be coming later today, is that okay?"

The Vampire's Secrets

Last edited:
This is amazing! Incredible! Can't wait for the rest
CraftamusVeryHappy.png

Last edited:
This is amazing! Incredible! Can't wait for the rest :D
Thanks for those kind words
index.php
, but that is the first story, other than origin stories that I ever finished.

EDIT: Damn ninja's...

Fixed for ya. You can also choose if you want me to give me a cameo don`t let me know. I want suprises in my life.
Thank you for that, I thought I had that fixed, must've used an older version than the fixed one...

Anyways, anyone ideas for what the next story could be?

Wrote another story, hope you like it. :)
As you look around it seems like the man has dissappeared. "You can look around all you want, if you see a scroll that interrests you, I might appear." The dissembodied voice tells you, and as you look around you see that all scrolls now are lit up. You walk towards one which seems decorated differently from the rest. "Ah, an interresting choice, truly a story worth retelling a dozen times."

The Scroll
Black fame, the devil's angel.

I don't like stories about a simple murder. Murderer gets into position. Bam! Gunshot. Description of how the blood flowed and that's it.

I arrived at the airport of the city. I don't even remember the name. I ran through the douane and was checked for any weapons I was trying to smuggle. The man looked up at me and saw me waving a packet of green papers. He smiled. "Nothing wrong found sir, how much is that?" I looked at him. "Threethousand." His grin grew even wider. "Thanks sir." I gave him the money and left.

I met up with my contractor and asked: "Where is it?" He looked at me and told me. "Simple, follow the road. The car's ready." I grabbed my case and left, put it in the car and went to the target. Well, thirty kilometers away. Great these flat planes here.

Alright, I got into position and layed down, aimed and... Bam! The bullet flew and I followed it with my eyes. The blood flew out of his head, splattering the entire wall behind him. The bullet should have lost it's speed, but it hadn't. I smiled.

Two children approached me. One of them crying, the other laughing. I laughed and the crying girl started laughing too. "Let's go shall we?" We left, slowly fading out and in our place came three butterflies. One black, with a white butterfly on either side. Me and my siblings, the children of God and the Devil. Sounds like a good name for a book. As long as it isn't a book about a murder.

Wyverntamer appeared next to you. "Good story, no?"

He looked at what the protector of the town had done. Had the power finally gone to his head, had he become crazy, like all the others? The guide didn't know, all he knew, was that his protector had summoned the worst nightmare, one he had seen many times before, when he was in the pains after he was sacrificed for the good of the town. "Ahem... Sir? What are you summoning?" The protector looked at him horrified. "I do not know, for I did not see this coming, I just dealt with..." The protector grabbed his head, screaming out in agony and pain. "Sir? Sir! Helen, I need help, Sir is unwell."

As the nurse came to rush to his help, she looked at the protector. "I'm sorry, Sir, but I will be unable to..." She was interrupted by the sound of the sky cracking and the protector got up. "Thanks, Helen, you have given me enough time." And with that the protector flew away, towards the danger, ready to kill it, whatever it would have been. "Kyle? I think it's time." The guide looked at the nurse. "Do I really have to? Are you sure Sir can't do it?" The nurse shook her head. "Sir doesn't have anything to help him, we can't stand up at that being, and the others already packed their bags, they know that Sir won't survive, so you should at least make sure that he doesn't go through that hell, you'll be doing him a favor."

'Am I really?' The guide looked at the protector, he had grown to like him, unlike the previous times, this one didn't kill him needlessly. But, he had a duty to do, and everything that he had to do was just flick one switch, and then...

"Sir! Sir! You shouldn't go and attack that thing, let it go away!" The protector looked at the guide in shock. "Are you crazy? That thing won't kill me! I defeated the celestial pillars without doing anything, if I actually do something, it might be over too fast!" The guide looked at the protecter. "Sorry sir." The protector looked confused, and then shocked, when he felt the knife enter his body. "Why?" He muttered his last words. "Because you can't kill our god..."

"A beautifull moon, isn't it?" I looked at the moon. "Yes, you're right, it is a beautiful moon." The man next to me looked at me, and then started to walk, I followed him. "I like looking to the moon, it seems so serene, and quiet."

I had to agree with the man. "I always used to look to the moon with my friend. Shame that he died a few years ago." I don't know why I was telling this to him, I didn't even know this man. He looked at me. "Your friend is dead? How?" He already wanted to say something among the lines of 'don't mind that I asked' and that stuff, but I was earlier than him. "He was killed by the beasts that haunt the night. A werewolf killed him." The man looked at my face, and he saw that I was sad. "Shouldn't you be afraid of the moon then? Or the night at least?" I shook my head. "His lasts words were: 'love the night, it's where you shine.'"

The man was surprised. "Were those his last words? How do you know them?" I looked at the man and asked. "Would you like to always see this moon?" The man turned to the moon and looked at it. "I would like that. Yeah, that seems nice." I felt the moonlight hit my face, and transform it. "Then come and join us, forever caught in this moonlight." My friend and I, we looked at the moon, and saw that it was time. Time to leave this place, until the next super moon.

Either that was a sequel after the Moon Lord left(?) or just another scroll. Anyways you keep improving on writing.

Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom