Weapons & Equip Early-game Magic Weapons [sprites]

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
Star Stick
stick.png

Damage: 4
Mana cost: 3
Use time: 28
Crafted from 1 fallen star, 3 gel, and 5 wood.

This is as basic as it gets when it comes to magic weapons. Literally just a fallen star stuck to the end of a stick, when swung this weapon releases a damaging cloud of stardust similar to purification/vile powder. Although the stick itself doesn't deal any damage, the stardust cloud can hit enemies up to three times before it fades away.

Magic Wand
wand.png

Damage: 6
Mana cost: 4
Use time: 36 (12 for each star)
Found in wooden chests.

A stock tool in magic performances, this weapon rapidly fires miniature spinning stars in bursts of three, similar to the clockwork assault rifle. After the stars have traveled roughly the same distance as a wooden boomerang, they will slow down and disappear.

Here's an extra unnecessary but hilarious idea that I came up with for the magic wand and potentially other magic gear. When something is killed by the magic wand, instead of exploding into gibs, there could be a 5% chance for them to disappear in a puff of smoke and have a bunny or other non-hostile creature appear in its place. Enemies that “die” in this manner will still drop their usual drops, and this could happen for anything that can be killed by the player, including bosses and npcs
(The magic hat could also cause this ability, either by giving it to every magic weapon or by raising the chance to 100% when using the magic wand.

Last edited:
Nice! I'm guessing the Star Stick is crafted and the Magic Wand is from the Traveling Merchant?

Also, that's a yes on turning enemies into bunnies. That's perfection.

Nice! I'm guessing the Star Stick is crafted and the Magic Wand is from the Traveling Merchant?

Also, that's a yes on turning enemies into bunnies. That's perfection.
Oh dang... forgot how to put how they are obtained. My idea was to have the magic wand appear in wooden chests, but it could be sold by the traveling merchant instead (though with a buff to its stats as well)

I think you should add a gold chest weapon that produces a lot of light.

either something fire based, or maybe something to go along with the enchanted theme.

I think you should add a gold chest weapon that produces a lot of light.

either something fire based, or maybe something to go along with the enchanted theme.
That's an interesting idea, though we already have the flare gun as a weapon for producing light, and I can't think of anything better then that.
I have a request, an item that increases the chance for that to happen to a ridiculous amount.
Maybe the Magic hat could guarantee that enemies and turned into harmless critters when its used with the magic wand?

Last edited:
Would bosses explode into multiple bunnies? Because it would be pretty awesome if the Destroyer exploded into a massive swarm of bunnies when it died.
Either way, full support from me, and the weapons seem to be pretty balanced. I would make a pun here, but I can't think of any that would be very bunny. *deal with it*
I guess they could, but I'm not quite sure how complicated it would be to have that...

Magic Wand seems broken... and I generally oppose anything adding more magic weapons.

But sure, why not. I won't get my bias get in the way of ideas.

The fact it shoots rapidfire bouncing shards and is found in a WOODEN CHEST???
It has extremely low damage though, and it wouldn't shoot as fast as most other rapid fire weapons. I might think about taking away the ability of the stars to bounce off walls though...

I like the Magic Wand. A lot. This is because I think that the most early-game mage weapon should be obtained by a surface chest as a change of pace from the wooden swords and bows. For that same reason, I do not support the Star Stick. I think that there should be only the Magic Wand as a starter weapon, maybe with an early-game spell book as an alternate option from the gem staves.

Back
Top Bottom