Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
I present my latest build: the Omega Pumpkin Moon Autofarm. It is fully AFK, and can generate an unbelievable 40+ platinum per night. The video explains the logic behind the construction.

Video Showcase:

Final Wave time: 10:30pm
Money earned: 42 platinum + 37 gold

Schematics:

OyIljNz.jpg

QeuQTaW.jpg

Notes:

• Spawns are blocked by lava 84 tiles to the left and right of the player's position
  • The spawn surface is 17 tiles wide
  • The spawn surface is exactly 36 tiles below the player's position
  • The AFK autofarm uses 13 Spear Trap batteries containing 12 traps each (156 traps total)
  • The slime should be summoned before the event begins; it should automatically gain damage priority

Protocol for summoning the most powerful minions:

1) Put on Spooky set, Celestial Stone, Avenger Emblem, Hercules Beetle, Papyrus Scarab, Necromantic Scroll (all Menacing)
2) Drink Summon Potion (+1 minion), Wrath Potion (+10% minion damage), and eat Pumpkin Pie (+5% minion damage)
3) Summon 7 Ravens using a Ruthless Raven Staff
4) Swap in Pygmy Necklace (Menacing) for Celestial Stone and summon 8th minion
5) Swap in Tiki set for Spooky set and summon 9th minion

Extended Protocol to increase Spear Trap DPS:

6) Swap in a Lucky Eye of the Golem and Lucky Destroyer Emblem for the Menacing Avenger Emblem and Menacing Hercules Beetle
7) Exchange Menacing versions of Papyrus Scarab, Necromantic Scroll, and Pygmy Necklace for Lucky versions
8) Equip a Godly Obsidian Swordfish (total 69% crit chance)
9) Dring a Rage Potion (+10% crit chance) and Sake (+2% crit chance) at the start of the Moon event

World Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBcXZPdDVUNzEzcm8/view?usp=sharing

Farm works perfectly! I made my own one and got to wave 15 at 10:50. Thanks so much for making this, I finally have a good way of getting money.

Farm works perfectly! I made my own one and got to wave 15 at 10:50. Thanks so much for making this, I finally have a good way of getting money.

You made the farm already? Woah that was pretty fast :). But yeah what's appealing about it is that it is relatively compressed and much easier to build than the previous versions.

Happy farming!

I saw the video 5 mins after it came out, and saw how effective it was so I made it immediately. (Luckily I had done a few temple runs the day before so I had plenty of spear traps.

Hey, is there any possibility that the minion attacks can clip through walls? I had my slime inexplicably die a couple of times when I built this myself.

Hey, is there any possibility that the minion attacks can clip through walls? I had my slime inexplicably die a couple of times when I built this myself.

The ravens cannot touch anything across a solid wall (sharknados can however, since they can move past walls). Ravens also cannot move past a wall unless the player starts moving away from them and they get recalled to the player's position. Do you think you might have accidentally swung your weapon? If not, I'm not sure what happened in your case, since I've never observed the slime dying in any of my runs (which number in the hundreds at this point, since I used similar set-ups in past builds). Are you on PC, and are you playing at max resolution? I wonder if perhaps the resolution affects the minion rubber banding back to player position.

The ravens cannot touch anything across a solid wall (sharknados can however, since they can move past walls). Ravens also cannot move past a wall unless the player starts moving away from them and they get recalled to the player's position. Do you think you might have accidentally swung your weapon? If not, I'm not sure what happened in your case, since I've never observed the slime dying in any of my runs (which number in the hundreds at this point, since I used similar set-ups in past builds). Are you on PC, and are you playing at max resolution? I wonder if perhaps the resolution affects the minion rubber banding back to player position.
I'm using a marrow for crit rate and don't have any ammo, so I can't be hurting the slime myself. I am on PC at max resolution, though, so should I try again without full screen?

I'm using a marrow for crit rate and don't have any ammo, so I can't be hurting the slime myself. I am on PC at max resolution, though, so should I try again without full screen?

No need, since I'm on PC at max resolution myself. And you're only using ravens, right? When the slime died, do you recall if the raven ended up in the chamber with you?

I suppose there's another possibility - the sloped block I use to control the merchant I teleport in after the fight. I never did a single test with that sloped block since I assumed it wouldn't impact the slime movement (the video was shot with a version without any sloped blocks) but perhaps that's the culprit. The slime might have glitched through the wall and become exposed to a raven attack.

Last edited:
Possibly, seeing if resolution affects rubber-banding range is an interesting concept...
I might build one of these at the edge of a map so that I don't have to use soooooo much lave :p
Tomorrow is gonna be busy :)

Yes, only one slime and once the minions are spawned you stop swinging your weapon :)
The build is impressive and is being constantly updated (especially on T-Mech.)

@Haszle Nobody really knows everything about this game... DicemanX knows more than just about any body (only people like W1K and zerogravitas know as much as him.) We are constantly learning more, improving on old designs and understanding different aspects of the game better.

This is awesome and I will be building it ASAP. But can you explain a little about teleporting the merchant in, and what purpose the sloped blocks serve? Is it that you have one merchant locked on top of a teleporter in your main base or something? Or is the floor in his house all teleporters?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. Since the solid blocks are over part of the teleporters, the sloped blocks push the characters into the empty space, right?

Last edited:
This is awesome and I will be building it ASAP. But can you explain a little about teleporting the merchant in, and what purpose the sloped blocks serve? Is it that you have one merchant locked on top of a teleporter in your main base or something? Or is the floor in his house all teleporters?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. Since the solid blocks are over part of the teleporters, the sloped blocks push the characters into the empty space, right?

Indeed! The merchant is in a house with a 3 tile wide bottom with a teleporter for a floor, and sometimes the merchant moves to the edges of the teleporter. This can cause the merchant to fall out of the teleporter box when teleported into the arena, and the hoiks prevent the merchant from falling out.

I'm still learning the wiring tricks and stuff and your map blew my mind, now I wanna do some of the stuff I see in your map on my x360. So, I built the omega moon farm on the x360, but the spears aren't working right... is it the lack of gemspark on the console? I see a lot of orange gemspark in tedit when I look at the map... I used multicolored stained glass for the background, does that matter?

I'm still learning the wiring tricks and stuff and your map blew my mind, now I wanna do some of the stuff I see in your map on my x360. So, I built the omega moon farm on the x360, but the spears aren't working right... is it the lack of gemspark on the console? I see a lot of orange gemspark in tedit when I look at the map... I used multicolored stained glass for the background, does that matter?

I forgot to mention: there is a bug on console with actuated spears - the spear tips fire downwards as they should, but when they retract they actually end up getting propelled upwards past the actuated spear traps. This used to happen on the PC, and the update that fixed it is yet to be released on console. However, there is a fix: you can deactuate the topmost trap in the battery so that the spear tips will be prevented from flying upwards past that deactuated trap. This will slightly impact the spawn rate, but it likely won't matter that much since the bottleneck tends to be the kill rate. Since it's the ravens that will do the bulk of the damage to the bosses, and the spear traps work fine in the raven kill chamber, you should still find this farm to be very effective on console.

Wait.... "Actuated" spears? I totally missed something in tedit. Aren't there little dots in the wire where there's an actuator? I didn't see no dots..... Your Kung Fu is strong, teach us Master.

Back
Top Bottom