What is the worst movie logic you have ever seen?

Captain Cobalt

Skeletron
Just post what you think is the movie logic that makes the least sense.
In Home for example, apparently, no police, or armed forces exist at all.

Every horror movie ever
If you are being chased by someone who wants to murder you, you trip over everything!
and, if you hear a noise/voice in the middle of the night but you live alone then you go to the source of the noise!

Any sequel of Final Destination (the original was pretty good) is brilliant at this, but the greatest (or worst, depending on your view) moment has to be when in the second movie someone tries to commit suicide and gets six duds, because "it wasn't his time to go". For people who don't know the premise of the movies, it's about a group of people that escape death because someone gets a premonition of an accident and then gets everyone out before it happens. Then Death starts claiming them one by one. But for some reason, people are not allowed to hand themselves over to him, no, they have to die in the exact order they would've died in the accident. Because Death has OCD.

Related to TerrorPenguin

Halloween II with Jamie Lee Curtis. She knows the killer is in the Hospital, she knows all the phones aren't working in the Hospital, so what does she do when she runs to the parking lot and can't take a car to escape?
She runs right the :red: back into the Hospital.

Rubber. Tyres can roll around on their own, and can explode people's heads just by shaking a bit.

Mario Bros movie...actually a movie based on a video game about an italian plumber jumping and running around that eats mushroom to get bigger and a flower to throw fire balls, is not a good logic

- In any action movies where the hero gets something stabbed through, I wince at the stupidity of pulling it out. Be it an arrow or a knife, leaving it in will diminish the bleeding, and in some cases, you may even rupture what wasn't ruptured if you pull it out. "GOOD JOB!" - Hancock.

- The tendency some movies have to cast certain actors in certain roles. "Oh, that guy who's played the traitorous bastard in fifteen other movies must be playing the loyal and trustworthy character this time around, right?" Wrong.

- Movies based upon media meant for a particular part of the population will, without fail, be modified to be "for everyone" which will in turn turn it into a mockery of the source. See: Super Mario, Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Evolution, Transformers.

- In action movies, a gun tends to have unlimited ammo, except for the one time it would be badass if the hero ran out of bullets. It does make for some awesome moments, but it's still annoying most of the time. ("You threw a car at a helicopter." "Yeah, well, I had no bullets left.")

a movie based on a video game about an italian plumber jumping and running around that eats mushroom to get bigger and a flower to throw fire balls, is not a good logic

It would have been, if they hadn't turned it into a movie about mutant dinosaurs and hadn't cast Mad Max's uglier brother as Bowser. Next we know, they'll make a Street Fighter movie turning Chun Li a homicidal maniac, and Bison into a not-quite-honest busnessman. Wait... :dryadeek:

Putting on the ring you hiked half way across the planet to destroy. As if there's not a very good reason to destroy it.

Here's one from Chappie...
It's possible to build a supercomputer that can convert all of a human's conscience into a data file using 8 PS4s hooked up to one another. I'm not saying it's impossible; Chappie could've made it work somehow, but that's a bit of a stretch, no?

OK, got a good one here. Spider man 2.0. i watched this while the other show i was watching was on commercial. so first, he's in this burning building looking for a baby. the building appears to be entirely made out of fire. so the ENTIRE place is on fire, and by that i mean it makes the sun look like hoth. so first off, there's zero smoke. if there really was that much fire, there would be even more smoke.

also, his face has no sweat on it, and he seems perfectly fine. so he goes to a closet and finds the baby. the baby's crying. he picks the baby up and starts going toward the exit. suddenly, a huge hole opens up where he is and he just manages to grab onto the edge. he flings the baby up onto the solid floor, and then(this is the worst part) the baby stops crying, gets up, and helps pull spider man up. so apparently this baby that was crying 2 seconds ago suddenly has superhuman nerves(not to mention arm strength) to help save spider man.

brilliant, huh? so then the baby runs out of godmode and spider man is forced to carry it, when suddenly it cuts to spider man running out of the building holding the baby, which he gives to its parents. the baby immediately is completely fine and happy, and both him and spider man are perfectly clean, no sweat, not even choking on the non-existent smoke. much logic, eh?

How time travel works (and their paradoxes) in every movie. Admittedly fun but completely stupid at the same time.

Even if you were to go back in time you wouldn't see yourself so that there are now two of you, but rather you would become yourself, because that is the past. Two of you existing was not the past, therefore the Hollywood time machine not only takes you back in time to a parallel reality that never actually existed but also creates a double of yourself as well. Those things are way more than just a time machine baby.

It's pretty shagadelic having a room full of numerous Austin Powers though.

Every horror movie ever
If you are being chased by someone who wants to murder you, you trip over everything!
and, if you hear a noise/voice in the middle of the night but you live alone then you go to the source of the noise!
Well, most people who live alone feel the need to be independent. Although terrified, they try to do things that other people wouldn't think of doing. Plus I don't think they were expecting ghosts, serial killers or the likes. The common thief is of course the first thing that would come to mind
[DOUBLEPOST=1431959987,1431959918][/DOUBLEPOST]
Destroying the monitor of a computer apparently destroys the computer.

Because that's totally where all the data is.
You, I like you.

Horror movie characters move the slowest out of any movie character ever.
Even dead movie characters move faster.

I mean, seriously! If you're gonna get killed, freaking run away! It's not that hard!

The terrible Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark.
It was so bad, it was funny, but that aside, here it is.
As one guy is running away from the Mecha Shark, he stops and turns around. Stupid. It then cuts and looks at the Mecha Skark, and when it goes back, the guy is on the ground, dying.
NTM the scene where the reporters only try to run when the shark is literally right in their face.
Also, the Mega Shark changes size throughout the whole movie and launches a ship fifteen miles.

We have access to these giant eagles, let's walk all that distance. You know, 2 hour flight for you, 3 month walk for us. Not that big of a deal.

In both the hobbit movies and the lord of the rings movies.

Oh also why didn't the eagles just fling the pale orc off of the cliff, they were already there.

Those are still my favorite movies.

Avengers: Yeah, of course a 5 ton muscle machine can jump about 90 feet into the air straght from the ground. And Hawkeye seems to only run out of arrows at important plot points.

Back
Top Bottom