PC In The Next Update Will Re-Logic Fix The Corrupted Character Issue ?

The Red-Dragon

Terrarian
I Have Experienced The Corrupted Character Myself, I Have NO Suspicious Files And NO Mods, In Terraria 1.3 (Next Update) Will Re-Logic Be Fixing These Corrupted Characters ? Please Do, Me And Tons Of People Are Around The World With These Corrupted Characters And Some People Have Corrupted Worlds Too, Please Re-Logic Consider To Help Us Fix These Corrupted Characters Or Corrupted Worlds, I Tried Every Way To Fix The Corrupted Character, Looked It Up In Tons Of Sites To See If There Was A Way, Spent Tons Of Hours Trying To Fix This But I Never Found A Solution, I Got A Windows 8 So I Cant Use The Restore Thing, Please Do Fix This, Thank You For Reading And Hopefully These Bugs Are Fixed ! Have A Good Day !:)

To be honest, the chance of this happening for PC players is rather low. It's not like it happens with every other player. Not to mention that on PC backups can easily be made, and the world/character limit is immense. I suppose it's a given they will try to fix some issues, but the bad save/corrupt files are usually because of something on the Player's end.

Anyway, your best bet to avoid more red named world/character of death is by making periodical backups. You'll probably lose a few progress, but not by much.

A lot of these problems are not caused by the game, but by bad usage - closing the game the wrong way (alt+f4 will :red: your characters, pun very intended), or turning your computer off without exiting the game normally first.

Re-Logic can't possibly fix bad habits, sorry. There may be a fix for the rare times in which red characters/worlds do happen for an unknown reason - but reason has to be known first, of course, to be fixed.

You Got A Good Point, But My Character's Name Got Red Cuz My PC Crashed. In ios They Fixed The Corrupted Character Issue So There Is Defiantly A Chance That They Can Fix Corrupted Characters In PC To.

The red characters is a cause of improper use of Terraria, in any case, you know many games state that when this icon displayed "<place icon here>" that you should not turn of your machine or close the game at any given time. Terraria doesn't show this when its saving, but basically, do us a favor, and use the options menu to save properly, then exit the game.

There isn't much that the devs can do about that, you'll just have to remember to manually save backups. (Also, why are you typing with the first letter capitalized for ever word?)

A computer crash issue can't be "fixed" really, at least not from the development side - when a computer's OS stops working violently like that, whatever you're using at the time is fair grounds for the "screw up everything" conga. An actual solution would be to seek the cause of said crash and find ways to make it happen as little as possible - my computer hasn't crashed in months, because I take care of it properly. (And no, blowing into it with an air can is not proper computer care, and any site or person saying it is gets a "hahaha no.")

(Also, why are you typing with the first letter capitalized for ever word?)

It's one of those cool things children these days do, like never capitalizing or using "they're" instead of their and viceversa.

There isn't much that the devs can do about that, you'll just have to remember to manually save backups. (Also, why are you typing with the first letter capitalized for ever word?)
I Don't Know
[DOUBLEPOST=1431064948,1431064692][/DOUBLEPOST]
The red characters is a cause of improper use of Terraria, in any case, you know many games state that when this icon displayed "<place icon here>" that you should not turn of your machine or close the game at any given time. Terraria doesn't show this when its saving, but basically, do us a favor, and use the options menu to save properly, then exit the game.
You say For Me To Do A Favour To Turn Of My Terraria Properly ? Well Here's A Favour, READ WHAT I SAID ! my PC Crashed ! I Save My Games Properly All The Time, It's Just when I Play Terraria My PC Crashes Sometimes I Don't Know Why Tho, I Play Outher Games Like TF2 And It Runs Smoothly On My Computer, No Problems Or Crashes. it's Just When I Play Terraria.

Honestly, many games prevent this through a proper backup system that backups your save right before making a new one, which in case either of them :red:s up because of an improper closing of the game's process, it will automatically load the working one. This is a system I recall Terraria currently uses, but no matter what, I've never seen a single backup work.

We All Bought Terraria To Enjoy The Game, But Sometimes Serious Things Happen And You Might Get A Corrupted Character Or A Corrupted World, And I Can Understand Why People Say "It Is A Charles's Mistake That Is Made By You" But The Thing I Don't Get Is Why Are You Guys Saying It Is Impossible For The Developers To Fix Croupted Characters ? They Invented The Game, They Got All The Tech To Fix It.

this Is A Terraria Bug, Kinda.
No, it isn't. YOUR computer crashed. It has nothing to do with Re-Logic. I'd encourage you to read what Kyouko said above me. That is the best they can even help you with.
A computer crash issue can't be "fixed" really, at least not from the development side - when a computer's OS stops working violently like that, whatever you're using at the time is fair grounds for the "screw up everything" conga. An actual solution would be to seek the cause of said crash and find ways to make it happen as little as possible - my computer hasn't crashed in months, because I take care of it properly. (And no, blowing into it with an air can is not proper computer care, and any site or person saying it is gets a "hahaha no.")

It's one of those cool things children these days do, like never capitalizing or using "they're" instead of their and viceversa.

This problem isn't specific to Terraria, most games will glitch out or lose data if the system running them crashes at a bad time. The best you can do is to figure out why your PC crashed so it doesn't happen again and remember to save backups of your characters.

I hope to avoid corruption happening to my new 1.3 large world, like it happened to my 1.1 world once.

Thanks All For Giving Me Suggestions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431096309,1431096212][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, it isn't. YOUR computer crashed. It has nothing to do with Re-Logic. I'd encourage you to read what Kyouko said above me. That is the best they can even help you with.
BTW I Am Saying That The Corrupted Character Thing Is A Bug

Thanks All For Giving Me Suggestions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431096309,1431096212][/DOUBLEPOST]
BTW I Am Saying That The Corrupted Character Thing Is A Bug

Again,

World or Character corruption is not caused by Terraria alone. Terraria is like any other game, it requires that you do not shut down your system or the game while it is saving. As for character, it saves every so often. The best way to prevent corruption is to make sure you close the game correctly, by hitting your inventory key and going to Save & Quit. If you fail to do this, then this is your own fault. Also, if your system crashes, shuts down, closes before this is completed that is also your fault. You may have pressed ALT F4 or closed it forcefully. It is not a bug with Terraria, I can confirm, that I have never had a corrupted world or character as of yet.

Regards,
Marcus

This has happened to me when I properly closed the game. Twice.
It's not a user error, it CAN happen.

The exact same thing happened to me. I always save and quit my game before I close my computer, and my best character was corrupted by the next time I opened the game. Developers, please fix it! We're begging you!

Has anyone even read my post?
This has happened to me when I properly closed the game. Twice.
It's not a user error, it CAN happen.
I've NEVER Alt + F4 or shut down my computer before saving and exiting. And I still got it twice.

Saying it's OP's vault is incorrect. :red: like this happens even if you save the game properly.
EDIT: I do believe I read something somewhere that said it happens if you leave the game while it's autosaving. Your best bet might be turning off autosave.

Back
Top Bottom