tAPI Guidepocalypse

Sin Costan

Eye of Cthulhu
Guidepocalypse: Alpha 2.0
"It's a good day to Guide!" - Guide Commander Omar Anoke
Presented to you by: Sin Costan

You may be wondering many things after reading the title, but please look through it further with this nice introduction (that's absolutely terribly written...)!

Before the coming of the adventurers, many of the NPCs lived very happy lives in their respective villages. One such village consisted of Guides. Once the adventurers started inhabiting the universe, it was an honor for the NPCs to have one of them occupying their world and give the adventurers service. However, one day, evil struck the Guides, as someone has mischievously made the Guide Voodoo Doll, making adventurers capable of hurting the Guides. And then Terraria version 1.2 came and it made it normal to kill off Guides! Their god became angry and thus came the NPC rebellion, the Guidepocalypse!

Ok... now that that's over with let's just get on with some of the stuff, like content I guess?
(Note: All content is meant to look really crappy and or use Vanilla textures)

A9kVVqX.png

ADG: Shotminigun, expends ammo after 3 shots, 10% chance to not expend ammo.

15Qo4ZF.png

Arms Dealer: Multiform weapon, use mod options to select keybinding for mode changes, will explain further later with mechanics.
UhG9JKu.png

Demolitionist Bomb: A cluster bomb.

ZlLVNRz.png

Demolitionist: Explosion, the melee weapon.
qeonE95.png

Dust of Guide: Causes Guidefection, will explain further later with mechanics...

0yYYx4s.png

Guide Ray: Heat Ray + Shadowbeam with Guide Gore?

vf6B2xE.png

Guide Nuker: Just what the name suggests.

75hETOn.png

Staff of Guide Rain: It's raining Guides! Hallelujah!
6VOJOOV.png

Healmaster Guidium Helm: Improved melee abilities, will explain set bonuses in mechanics later on...

ktihBSD.png

Magemaster Guidium Helm: Improved magic abilities, will explain set bonuses in mechanics later on...

znaGxoi.png

Rangemaster Guidium Helm: Improved ranged abilities, will explain set bonuses in mechanics later on...

qNvSbxy.png

Summonmaster Guidium Helm: Improved summoner abilities, will explain set bonuses in mechanics later on...

0FcbNBc.png

Guidium Armor: 15% increased damage, 10% increased crit chance.

2yU8pMq.png

Guidium Greaves: Faster movement speed.
YksapKs.png

Merchant: Hit NPCs, get money, kill NPC, get more money!
YZTesEf.png

Heal Ray: Fires ray that heals players and friendly NPCs

NQNwZpD.png

Nurse: On hit, causes spirit heal to all players/friendly NPCs in vicinity.

7ZoSMqm.png

Nurse Bullet: Can be used on any gun, heals players/friendly NPCs directly when passing by, causes Spirit Heal on hit.

AB93i5t.png

Nurse Kit: Restores player to full health.

8PtEBE6.png

Nursenade: Drops multiple hearts after explosion.

Now that we are past the content, let's go over some of the mechanics within this mod!

Set: Type
Effect - What armor does
Ability - Critical Health Buff (When hit below 100 hp)
Aura - Emitted effect

5zkIcsb.png

Healmaster Set:
Effect - Vampire on hit, even more improved melee/healing abilities, 100% reflected damage
Ability - Heal yourself by 150% of the inflected damage, improved vampire, imrove all melee abilities by 100%
Aura - Heal surrounding players/friendly NPCs, gives melee buff to surrounding players.

MEhlqJs.png

Rangemaster Set:
Effect - Improved ranged abilities, Shroomite Armor Stealth
Ability - Vampire with all ranged projectiles, all vanilla ranged weapons become fully automatic, improve all ranged abilities by 100%
Aura - Gives ranged buff to surrounding players

vLEGT8S.png

Magemaster Set:
Effect - Improved magic abilites, both Spectre headgear effects
Ability - Vampire with all magic projectiles, all vanilla magic weapons become fully automatic, improve all magic abilities by 100%
Aura - Mana up surrounding players, gives magic buff to surrounding players

YA68vF6.png

Summonmaster Set:
Effect - Improved summoner abilites, allow minions to vampire health
Ability - A large increase in minion slots, improve minion abilities by 100%
Aura - Gives summoner buff to surrounding players
Probably the most important part of this mod, as you cannot get Guidium (an ore) without it. It causes Guidefection, which causes NPCs to lose health over time. When something dies under Guidefection, you get an amount of Guidium from (HP/10) +/- 3. Dust of Guide is basically like Vile Powder, so you fling some dust and it infects NPCs (including bosses) and changes specific tiles (hardmode ore). You get your first stack of Dust of Guide from killing the Wall of Flesh.
A multiform weapon, it goes both melee and ranged!

Melee form:
- High damage and critical chance
- Low uses per click
- Overrided bullets gain infinite pierce and become larger

Ranged form:
- Low damage and critical chance
- High uses per cycle
- Overrided bullets can go through walls and track enemies

Default Keybinding is "Q", but you can change the keybinding for changing forms in the Mod Options.

This mod works with multiplayer! Some of the mechanics may not work with multiplayer however, but most of it works in multiplayer. This is in heavy alpha so any help (for example recipes, concepts, etc.) is appreciated and will make it head towards release! If you have any ideas, please, do comment on this thread!

Input:
- I really need input so I can properly balance things
- Will take suggestions! If you include a sprite, I will most likely create it (or die trying to)!

Obligatory Credits:
- @TheGamingBoffin - A random stranger I met on the Internet, gave me ideas, indirectly helped with code, and great friend!
- @berberborscing - Code!
- @Grox The Great - Code!
- @bluemagic123 - Code!
- @Scooterboot9697 - Code!
- @Everybody - Because why not.
- TCF - For getting some ideas and code here and there.
- Team tAPI - For obvious reasons...
- Team Terraria - For obvious reasons...

A Special Thanks to...
- Hideo Kojima

Do you guys like banners? Because I do! If you like the idea/think it's funny/support this please put this code in your signature!

Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/guidepocalypse.18010/][img]http://i.imgur.com/lG6Fp7l.png[/img][/URL]

So you guys like content previews right, here's this totally aweful video I made!

The newer versions will be available on this thread as an attachment!

Finally, the download archive!

Attachments

• Guidepoclypse.tapi
    336 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Well then. Didn't expect this to become a thing. Glad it has though. Shooting and exploding NPCs sounds like my fantasy! :D

Ok, now I have a VIDEO PREVIEW in the OP thread! Spoil yourself at your own risk :naughty:. Also a little update, I've finally made it so it doesn't crash in Multiplayer (after soaking in my own blood and tears), so expect a better version of Alpha 1.0 -> Alpha 1.1!

Also, I've tested all the wierd Multiplayer gimmicks and they are working. Thank you @TheGamingBoffin for helping me test these things! (Also his maze thing is amazing)

Ok, now I have a VIDEO PREVIEW in the OP thread! Spoil yourself at your own risk :naughty:. Also a little update, I've finally made it so it doesn't crash in Multiplayer (after soaking in my own blood and tears), so expect a better version of Alpha 1.0 -> Alpha 1.1!

Also, I've tested all the wierd Multiplayer gimmicks and they are working. Thank you @TheGamingBoffin for helping me test these things! (Also his maze thing is amazing)

xUjCE38.png

Rip, it has been blocked by "kingrecords".

xUjCE38.png

Rip, it has been blocked by "kingrecords".
Ehh, it seems that I'm the only one able to see it, new preview without music will be posted (though it will be boring as all hell...).

EDIT: It is now the Guidepocalypse Content Preview! The Boring Edition.

Last edited:
Ok, the video finally has music (the original one with the music), thank you Dailymotion! The songs are from Senki Zesshou Symphogear (music made by Elements Garden and voice actor Aoi Yuki), enjoy!

Hello, I'm back with news! I have recently added a new version of Guidepocalypse! This now works for online play, so get your gear and get ready to Guide!

Added:
- Dryad: Makes non-boss npcs not move, link players to npcs with vines, vampire 10 health from all npcs, fires a non damaging spore that pierces enemies and has the effect.
Changed:
- Nothing at the moment...

"Guide news everyone!" - Professor Guidesworth

First off, sorry for not posting anything new recently... anyways, off to the Guide news!

You were probably wondering where the pocalypse part of "Guidepocalypse" is, as there is only items. But by next update, Guidepocalypse Alpha 2.0 "It's a good day to Guide!", there will be an NPC invasion with you guessed it... Town NPC related enemies! From Arms Dealer Bot to Nurse Bot, from Big Guide to Guidey, from simple content to NPCs, brings you... Guidevasion! So remember, put on your Starship Troopers theme (or "It's a good to die") and get ready to face off the Guide horde in your world!

For those to whom it may concern...

Guidepocalypse Alpha 2.0 - "It's a Good Day to Guide!" is now out! Experience the first coming of Guidepocalypse with... Guidevasion! Also, here's a little song because why not...

I really like this mod. It's hilarious and ridiculous at the same time, and it makes sense, given the dark secrets of the guide. Also, it reminds me of "Legend of Maxx" webcomic. :D

The only thing I would complain about is that guidium is easily exploitable with statues. But the rest is really well-balanced anyway.

P.S: I tried the invasion-thingy today. It is quite challenging indeed; the nurses are annoying, which means that they fit perfectly their niche as enemy healers.

Back
Top Bottom