NPCs & Enemies Post Golem desert expansion. Scarabs & Ancient Spirits

Do you like the idea

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes with a few tweaks (explain tweaks in replies)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yes, but there are ALOT of changes it needs (explain in replies)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrTheEpicNinja

Terrarian
So everyone knows that the desert is useless right... Yes.
Well, this provides a solution to that issue.

THIS THREAD NEEDS SPRITES - ANY WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Scarabs
Have you guys ever found it wierd that the golem drops BEETLE husks. Yeah, wierd.

So now, if the player wants Beetle Husks, they have to fight these guys.
They appear in the desert after golem has been defeated.
HP: 800
Damage: 56
Defense: 18
KB Resist: 70%
Same AI as the Mushy Ladybug
Drops:
Beetle Husks: 1-2 100%
Ancient Spirits
Notice how there are two summoner and two melee armours after chlorophyte

Well here is another ranger armour, however this one doesn't focus on damage, it focuses on speed. It's basically the perfect set for fishron.
These guys drop the materials for that set.
HP: 600
Damage: 67
Defense: 34
KB Resist: 100%
Caster AI
Drops: Dust Particles 100% 1-2
Sandstorm Wand 12%

Ra- miniboss
This is an alternate sun stone drop.
HP: 3600
Damage: 72
Defense: 14
KB resist: 80%
Drops:
Gold coin x30
Sun Stone: 24%
Sun Flower: 10%

Heres another change: Mummys drop 'body wrappings' (1-2 100% chance) instead of the mummy outfit.
HEAD : 12 body wrappings
SHIRT: 15 wrappings
PANTS: 8 wrappings

Whirlwind Mask:
23 defense
17% increased ranged damage & crit chance
8% increased movement speed
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x15
-Ectoplasm x6
-Mummy Mask

Whirlwind Robe:
17 defense
40% chance not to consume ammo
6% increased ranged crit chance
10% increased movement speed
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x18
-Ectoplasm x8
-Mummy Shirt

Whirlwind Sprinters:
21 defense
22% increased movement speed
Allows a double jump ability (sandstorm in a bottle)
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x12
-Ectoplasm x4
-Mummy Leggings

Set Bonus:
30% increased flight length + speed

Tooltip: dududududu
Damage type: summon
This wand acts similar to the nimbus rod/sentry , 3 sandstorms can be summoned at once, they develop wherever a player clicks, simillar to a nimbus (blocked by walls) they look like a sharknado, except they are smaller in size, 10 blocks high by 5 wide. Whenever a mob walks into one they will consistently take damage.
Each sandstorm lasts 30 seconds or until replaced
Damage: 53
Usetime: 12
Mana: 24
This weapon is simillar to the heat ray, slightly better.
It's a reference to PvZ garden warfare, where the sunflower's special ability is shooting a ray of sunlight, and dealing constant damage for a short amount of time
This weapon is the same, however it pierces unlimited enemies.it also stops when it hits a wall and doesn't bounce. It's good for lots of enemies, but it drains through mana super fast to make up for its high damage. Without any mana increasing accessories etc... It'll only last 2 seconds.

Damage: 83
Usetime: 3
Mana: 5
We need more actual swords in endgame hardmode, that don't shoot projectiles.
Here is the best one, it takes a while to make, but it's worth it.
Crafting:
1x Cutlass
1x Keybrand
1x Excalibur
12x Dust Particles
( dunno whether to add these: 1x Breaker Blade, 1x Broken Hero sword)
(If there are any endgame sword ideas from other parts of the forums that you think might work, let me know and I may add them)
This sword is the size of excalibur, speed of the cutlass and knockback of the keybrand.
STATS:
Damage: 138
Usetime: 17
Knockback: 6
Autoswing: Yes
Crit Chance: 6%
Size: slightly bigger than excalibur

These stats may seem op, but remember there are no projectiles so it's actually decently balanced.

*ranged weapon & sprites to come soon, leave your sprites/suggestions below*
Thanks for reading, tell me what you think :)

Last edited:
So everyone knows that the desert is useless right... Yes.
Mostly, except for glass. Lots and lots of glass.
Well, this provides a solution to that issue.
Mmmmkay.
THIS THREAD NEEDS SPRITES - ANY WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
I could probably make some.
Scarabs
Have you guys ever found it weird that the golem drops BEETLE husks. Yeah, weird.
It is indeed weird.
So now, if the player wants Beetle Husks, they have to fight these guys.
It's more logical, but it's more grinding.
They appear in the desert after golem has been defeated.
Makes sense.
HP: 800
Damage: 56
Defense: 18
KB Resist: 70%
Same AI as the Mushy Ladybug
Drops:
Beetle Husks: 1-2 80%
Why must it be only an 80% chance? Also, I'd say this enemy is reasonably powered for this tier.

Ancient Spirits
Notice how there are two summoner and two melee armours after chlorophyte
Don't forget the two mage helmets. But then, there are 3 ranged helmets.
Well here is another ranger armour, however this one doesn't focus on damage, it focuses on speed. It's basically the perfect set for fishron.
Why not have it a generic non-class-based armour?
These guys drop the materials for that set.
Eh, okay.
HP: 600
Damage: 47
Defense: 34
KB Resist: 100%
Caster AI
Drops: Dust Particles 100% 1-2
Sandstorm Wand 12%
Kinda easy to defeat, really. The caster AI is easy, and a tank setup at that tier would only take 1 damage a hit.
Ra- miniboss
So original.
This is an alternate sun stone drop.
So, adding more RNG to wait for this to spawn to then rely on RNG to get it?
HP: 3600
Damage: 72
Defense: 14
KB resist: 80%
Drops:
Gold coin x30
Sun Stone: 10%
Sun Flower: 10%
The stats are good, that's a lot of money, and only a 10% chance to drop the sun stone per spawn?
Heres another change: Mummys drop 'body wrappings' (1-2 100% chance) instead of the mummy outfit.
Would these have any use beyond the mummy outfit?
HEAD : 12 body wrappings
SHIRT: 15 wrappings
PANTS: 8 wrappings
Sounds good for a craftng recipe.
Whirlwind Mask:
23 defense
17% increased ranged damage & crit chance
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x15
-Ectoplasm x6
-Mummy Mask

Whirlwind Robe:
17 defense
40% chance not to consume ammo
6% increased ranged crit chance
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x18
-Ectoplasm x8
-Mummy Shirt

Whirlwind Sprinters:
21 defense
40% increased movement speed
Allows a double jump ability (sandstorm in a bottle)
CRAFTING:
-Dust Particle x12
-Ectoplasm x4
-Mummy Leggings

Set Bonus:
30% increased flight length + speed
The only thing that gives you a speed boost from a speed oriented armour is the leggings and set bonus. Spread the speed effect of the leggings over the whole set.
Tooltip: dududududu
Damage type: summon
This wand acts similar to the nimbus rod, 3 sandstorms can be summoned at once, they develop wherever a player clicks, simillar to a nimbus (blocked by walls) they look like a sharknado, except they are smaller in size, 10 blocks high by 5 wide. Whenever a mob walks into one they will consistently take damage.
Each sandstorm lasts 30 seconds or until replaced
Damage: 53
Usetime: 12
Mana: 24
Why is the upgraded nimbus rod a summoner weapon? None of the rain weapons are summons, just magic.
Other than that, pretty good.
This weapon is simillar to the heat ray, slightly better.
It's a reference to PvZ garden warfare, where the sunflower's special ability is shooting a ray of sunlight, and dealing constant damage for a short amount of time
This weapon is the same, however it pierces unlimited enemies.it also stops when it hits a wall and doesn't bounce. It's good for lots of enemies, but it drains through mana super fast to make up for its high damage. Without any mana increasing accessories etc... It'll only last 2 seconds.

Damage: 83
Usetime: 3
Mana: 5
Considering the piercing, this would be effective, but mostly just an inefficient mess.
If it wasn't piercing, it would be OP, but now, it's kinda useless. I'd rather use the Heat Ray to this, considering it fires at a reasonable pace, deals only a bit less damage, and doesn't waste too much mana.
We need more actual swords in endgame hardmode, that don't shoot projectiles.
Here is the best one, it takes a while to make, but it's worth it.
Crafting:
1x Cutlass
1x Keybrand
1x Excalibur
12x Dust Particles
( dunno whether to add these: 1x Breaker Blade, 1x Broken Hero sword)
(If there are any endgame sword ideas from other parts of the forums that you think might work, let me know and I may add them)
This sword is the size of excalibur, speed of the cutlass and knockback of the keybrand.
STATS:
Damage: 143
Usetime: 17
Knockback: 6
Autoswing: Yes
Crit Chance: 16%
Size: slightly bigger than excalibur

These stats may seem op, but remember there are no projectiles so it's actually decently balanced.
First off: The crafting recipe. What happened here? I feel the only weapons that should use multiple weapons in their crafting should be legendary weapons (Night's Edge, Terra Blade) because they're sorta the 'ultimate' swords. Night's Edge in pre-HM to mid-HM, Terra Blade for the rest. Give it a crafting recipe that isn't some huge mess of random unrelated weapons.
Second: Them stats. It swings fairly fast, deals insane damage, and has a reasonable range. This thing is OP as hell with just that.

It's a good concept, just some stats that need balancing, and recipes changing.

Mostly, except for glass. Lots and lots of glass.

Mmmmkay.

I could probably make some.

It is indeed weird.

It's more logical, but it's more grinding.

Makes sense.

Why must it be only an 80% chance? Also, I'd say this enemy is reasonably powered for this tier.

Don't forget the two mage helmets. But then, there are 3 ranged helmets.

Why not have it a generic non-class-based armour?

Eh, okay.

Kinda easy to defeat, really. The caster AI is easy, and a tank setup at that tier would only take 1 damage a hit.

So original.

So, adding more RNG to wait for this to spawn to then rely on RNG to get it?

The stats are good, that's a lot of money, and only a 10% chance to drop the sun stone per spawn?

Would these have any use beyond the mummy outfit?

Sounds good for a craftng recipe.

The only thing that gives you a speed boost from a speed oriented armour is the leggings and set bonus. Spread the speed effect of the leggings over the whole set.

Why is the upgraded nimbus rod a summoner weapon? None of the rain weapons are summons, just magic.
Other than that, pretty good.

Considering the piercing, this would be effective, but mostly just an inefficient mess.
If it wasn't piercing, it would be OP, but now, it's kinda useless. I'd rather use the Heat Ray to this, considering it fires at a reasonable pace, deals only a bit less damage, and doesn't waste too much mana.

First off: The crafting recipe. What happened here? I feel the only weapons that should use multiple weapons in their crafting should be legendary weapons (Night's Edge, Terra Blade) because they're sorta the 'ultimate' swords. Night's Edge in pre-HM to mid-HM, Terra Blade for the rest. Give it a crafting recipe that isn't some huge mess of random unrelated weapons.
Second: Them stats. It swings fairly fast, deals insane damage, and has a reasonable range. This thing is OP as hell with just that.

It's a good concept, just some stats that need balancing, and recipes changing.
Thanks for your feedback, I see you were very thorough, I'll take as much of your advice as I can.
Also thanks in advance for any sprites :)

Overall some great ideas! another one i would like to add is wings, we have a lot of wings but maybe there should be a set where it requires the user of every wing in the game and an extra 20 souls of flight and the outcome would be wings that fly indefinitely? Or something close to that, the idea sort of works as it's a lot of work getting *every* pair of wings and an extra 20 souls of flight.

I was also thinking something with the overboard and mixing it with wings,sounds silly but the wings could give you extra flight like normal wings then the hover-board allows you to use the length of that too so basically having wings equip without using a slot as they'd be attached to the hover-board.

Overall some great ideas! another one i would like to add is wings, we have a lot of wings but maybe there should be a set where it requires the user of every wing in the game and an extra 20 souls of flight and the outcome would be wings that fly indefinitely? Or something close to that, the idea sort of works as it's a lot of work getting *every* pair of wings and an extra 20 souls of flight.

I was also thinking something with the overboard and mixing it with wings,sounds silly but the wings could give you extra flight like normal wings then the hover-board allows you to use the length of that too so basically having wings equip without using a slot as they'd be attached to the hover-board.
Hey Luke, thanks for the support, but I think your wing idea needs to have a thread of its own under 'equipment'

I just notice MrTheEpicNinja did this...... DUDE I SUBSCRIBED TO YOU AND (sorry for caps I had to do it) you talked to me on the comments on episode 13 or 14 of your terraria thorium mod series about that fnaf thing and your really good :D:D:D:cool: (my YouTube username is Vincent Le and I don't post out YouTube videos I just watch YouTube videos and subscribe to people if I think it's good)

I just notice MrTheEpicNinja did this...... DUDE I SUBSCRIBED TO YOU AND (sorry for caps I had to do it) you talked to me on the comments on episode 13 or 14 of your terraria thorium mod series about that fnaf thing and your really good :D:D:D:cool: (my YouTube username is Vincent Le and I don't post out YouTube videos I just watch YouTube videos and subscribe to people if I think it's good)
Haha yeah i post suggestions on the forums and do spriting too, not just yt :p

This side conversation would be better held on profiles, rather than side-tracking the discussion of the suggestion. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

The mobs are fine just the drops are a little bit, kinda-weird? The scarab has to drop 1 beetlehusk all the time and maybe 1 additional with an 40% chance. The Ancient Spirìts should drop something else too and not only the sandstorm staff. Maybe they could drop something like "Sand essence" that is usable to craft zhe Ancient Wrath. And why do they drop this staff, are they wind/storm spirits or pharao spirits or something betwen those two. And now to the main mob : Ra - God of the Sun. I think he should drop the sunstone 60 or more percent of the time cuz Ra himself has an "Sunstone" on his head so it wouldbe logic that he drops it nearly all the time. The sunflower droprate is okay, I think. But i would like if he would also drop an "Sand essence" or something (Around 5-10) to make the grind for the Wrath easier (If u would add somezhinglike this). And maybe there could be an craftingtable or an Pharao NPC but that is just an idea of mine :D But all in, I think the thread is totally viable and fits terraria :p

PharaoWraith.gif Its an Pharao-Wraith-styled ghost or like I said, Wraith. I personnaly like it.

Back
Top Bottom