tAPI W1K's Prime Needs - Prime Needs for your Primary Needs

ah, ok then. Would teh second work for that? Or would you prefer something else?
The "half" icon is not much different from the original one. One with more variance would definitely do. I don't want to make it rely on the black background behind the bar, as shown in the screenshot, it can be easily hidden by darkness.

EDIT: Actually, I believe a "smaller" drop could also work pretty well, as long as it is centered inside a 14x18 sprite.

The "half" icon is not much different from the original one. One with more variance would definitely do. I don't want to make it rely on the black background behind the bar, as shown in the screenshot, it can be easily hidden by darkness.

EDIT: Actually, I believe a "smaller" drop could also work pretty well, as long as it is centered inside a 14x18 sprite.
I made this before I noticed your edit. I'll make a smaller one now.
Untitlewater doplet 2d.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1432056660,1432056523][/DOUBLEPOST]

I made this before I noticed your edit. I'll make a smaller one now.
Untitlewater doplet 2d.png
ok,
Untitlewater doplet 3.png

Reactions: W1K
I think this mod will slowly transform into terraria version og\f minecraft Enviromine mod. This will be crazy. (If you implement heat, then you could implement oxygen levels and sanity :D just saying)

I think this mod will slowly transform into terraria version og\f minecraft Enviromine mod. This will be crazy. (If you implement heat, then you could implement oxygen levels and sanity :D just saying)
Oxygen!? Why would you ever run outof oxygen?

Yeah, oxygen is not only complex, but also barely an issue to begin with (unless you teleport into a cave with no entrance and stand there for a while, or you go into space). Sanity on the other hand is something I was thinkign about, loving Don't Starve's sanity mechanic, it's something I wanted to work on for a while even before I decided to make a primary needs mod. We'll see tho. Right now on my priority list there's thirst and temperature. Next will either be diseases or sanity depending on what I feel to work on first. In between I also have to test the dependency mechanics (so that mods can properly edit every parameter and value). Long story short there's lots of work to do.

Yeah, oxygen is not only complex, but also barely an issue to begin with (unless you teleport into a cave with no entrance and stand there for a while, or you go into space). Sanity on the other hand is something I was thinkign about, loving Don't Starve's sanity mechanic, it's something I wanted to work on for a while even before I decided to make a primary needs mod. We'll see tho. Right now on my priority list there's thirst and temperature. Next will either be diseases or sanity depending on what I feel to work on first. In between I also have to test the dependency mechanics (so that mods can properly edit every parameter and value). Long story short there's lots of work to do.

https://github.com/Funwayguy/EnviroMine/wiki/Air-Quality

But actually simpler one. Instead of depending on open spaces etc, it could depend on the depth into the world. So if you would like to survive deep in caves or even underworld you would need respirator or any other source of clean air, or you will not last long.
Examples? magical air filters, respirators (accesory / headgear) or air vents that could work like pumps, but intstead of filling caves with clean air, they would have radius, in witch player is affected by clean air, and to vents to work, they must be coinnected to atleast one vent on the surface, but can be chained (simply connected via wires). In late game vents could be replaced with intependand clean air generator with huge radius made from.. i don't know... chlorophyte? The effects pf no clean air? blindness, slowness, reduction in regeneration, but on horrible air quality even very slow overtime damage.

Oh, the icons are not in the 2x2 pixels format. Probably had to specify that in the initial request.
These better?
water droplet 4.png
water droplet 6.png
water droplet 5.png

I includeed a normal one, a darker normal one and a smaller one. You can decide which to use.

Question: How do you make it show text when you hover over it?
I literally check whether the mouse is above them and if yes, write a text next to it.
Code:
if ((Main.mouseX < barPosition.X+82*1.5f) && (Main.mouseX > barPosition.X) && (Main.mouseY > 90+Main.mH) && (Main.mouseY < 90+Main.mH+18*1.5f))
    Main.spriteBatch.DrawString(Main.fontMouseText, "Food: "+((int)MPlayer.Hunger)+"/100", new Vector2(Main.mouseX + 10, Main.mouseY + 10), Color.White, 0.0f, new Vector2(), 1f, SpriteEffects.None, 0.0f);

I literally check whether the mouse is above them and if yes, write a text next to it.
Code:
if ((Main.mouseX < barPosition.X+82*1.5f) && (Main.mouseX > barPosition.X) && (Main.mouseY > 90+Main.mH) && (Main.mouseY < 90+Main.mH+18*1.5f))
    Main.spriteBatch.DrawString(Main.fontMouseText, "Food: "+((int)MPlayer.Hunger)+"/100", new Vector2(Main.mouseX + 10, Main.mouseY + 10), Color.White, 0.0f, new Vector2(), 1f, SpriteEffects.None, 0.0f);

And to make it show the black stuff behind it?

Oh! oh! Here's a thought for the sanity. Killing things will build up the sanity meter, upon reaching certain level the player will start becoming delirious and their attacks will have a chance to miss.

I can already tell if Sanity and Oxygen are added, I'm going to spend my time with all meters almost empty and not realizing it until I'm dead. Basically why I hate Minecrafts hunger system. Have to remember to pack some mushrooms and bottled water. Not as tedius as Minecraft, so it's okay.

I know this should've been done for a while now but I'm lazy. I bet you didn't expect that. Jokes on you.

On a side note, I'm also making an effort on improving the UI. This is probably what to expect once I'm done with the thirst system.
9bafcd5ce7.png

I plan on adding the temperature icon either on the far left or in that one hole right between the drink water text and the mana bar. This will come later on however.

As a note, the breath and lava immunity bars will be drawn OVER the hunger and thirst bar. There's not much I can do to prevent this, and honestly, I don't exactly think it looks that bad as you can still keep track of both bars regardless.
2a2ee0d36d.png

Would using this mod overlap with using tremor mod?
I don't exactly know how Tremor mod is structured on that regard, but I'd say they'll most likely both work independently (and I don't believe you'd want to have two different hunger systems running independently from each others). I don't know whether you can disable Tremor mod's hunger system, but once I'm done with thirst, I'll make it so you can disable the individual features from this one, so you could possibly have the thirst from this mod, then hunger from Tremor (altho again, they will not have any way of knowing each others exist and will work independently, but at least they will not cover the same feature).
I'll point this out however, if @zadum4ivii wishes to, I'd be perfectly fine with trying to work a way around it to reduce conflicts or ensure cross compatibility, this mod was made with the purpose of being a core system other modders can hook to.

Back
Top Bottom