Other Streamlined Ideas: Fishing For Convenience

AntithesisEK

Wall of Flesh
Net Simplification

There have been many times where I've entered into a new world with an abundance of critters, breakable rocks and bait for fishing surrounding me. Yet there's nothing to do to with them because I have no Bug Net. I'd have to first build a space for the Merchant to spawn, or if it is a brand new character I first need fifty silver to trigger his arrival and then buy the net for one gold. While none of this is difficult to accomplish, it does feel like the progression for fishing is really inconvenient. So to simplify the process, why not introduce a crafted net?

Basic Net

XX8YTGW.png

Wood.png
x10
Cobweb.png
x12
Requires any crafting table.

It seemed odd to me that you can craft a Wooden Pole before you can even acquire bait. With this simple change, it's possible catch critters as you explore to start collecting and fishing much sooner. While this could replace the purchased net, it doesn't have to. Having access to both options adds some variety.

Vessel Clouds

The Sky 'biome' is pretty empty. Floating Islands right now are very limited in content and resources. There is also the tedious matter of trying to fish in the sky. Calming potions are valuable for building but making a viable pool requires some luck with world generation (or a whole lot of buckets). Because the sky has plenty of room and there's an inconvenience to remedy, I propose..

C9m2AEhl.jpg

Vessel Clouds - These hypothetical storm clouds that would appear at world creation are ideal for setting up fishing spots and increasing the amount of Cloud and Rain Cloud blocks available in a single world. Depending on their quantity they'd also be excellent for building on to or flying between floating islands. Or..

Because I was inspired by Snickerbobble's Hallowed Island suggestion, if the sky biome is ever expanded into Sky Archipelagos, chains of floating islands, here is an example of a massive vessel cloud looming over a fragment.

UweUE9Il.jpg

That's it for now! Do you think this would help streamline your playing experience? It would certainly help mine.

Yes! Support! i'd LOVE to make an house on one of those giant vessel clouds! And with sky archipelagos, building sky towns would no longer be so hard... and they would be more beautiful anyways

Never really done too much fishing, to be honest.
I tried once, and I never got anything.
So, I guess I can support, purely because I want to get loads of scorpions early on, and the vessel clouds look really cool.
That, and I can trick my friend into building a house below one, and flood it to death.

I admit, those vessel clouds look pretty cool. I'm not that much of a fisherman in terraria but as a builder this appeals to me. Now I'm trying to come up with aquatic enemies for the sky biome.

I think that the Basic Net can capture bugs and such, but the old Bug Net should be the only one able to catch Bunnies, Squirrels, Penguins, etc.

Back
Top Bottom