tAPI [WIP][Released]Terramineral - All about world generation

How so? What could I change? :D

U could make more blue buttons ( I forgot what they are called I think spoilers idk, but not the actual spoilers like what's comin' ) . It's much more simple to navigate. And maybe from time to time in a section spoiler change the image to something we, people that are checking this mod from time to time could think a little bit more about it ;P, just suggestions of course and gtg No Game No Life Episode 11 is waiting for me :p

Alrighty! The new update is done and is ready for download! I changed the look of the OP, so tell me what you think! Just in case you missed the second post, here is the new changelog:

CHANGELOG 0.2:

- Added lots of mod options, so you can choose which things you want to generate. You can also pick the colour of the maze you want to generate here. If you don't know how to access mod options, enable Terramineral, reload your mods, then click Terramineral and a yellow text on the left should say "Mod Options". Click that to change the settings.
- Added THE MAZE
Maze has lots of interesting features, is completely random, has sort of random loot (each chest of 5 has a specific purpose, one for maze stone, one for statue, etc.) and has random books and cobwebs and the occasional skeleton. It will spawn as the last thing in the world and takes about a second. The logic behind it is mad. Read the code if you want :)
- Added the new NPC for the maze, the "Maze Crawler". Thank you GMod for the awesome sprite, though I did make it darker for contrast reasons! Don't hurt me!!! :p

It's a lot of code for the maze, even though 350 lines + may not seem like a lot. The logic was way beyond what i thought I could do, so I'm happy! Please enjoy the new update! There's also a new poll for what I should do next! If you have any ideas, please let me know! New poll: http://strawpoll.me/4345298

nice job: hey i give you to make what next is: underground NPC and floating island tower
aka tornado and the sky tower suggestion warning: huge suggestion.
what is floating island tower. what it look like
a tower with sunplate
two loot chest
one is locked.
and now a boss.
the tornado harpy.no sprite:sigh:
it has 6200 hp.
dmg 30 (when charged) 38 (tornado) 35
12 def , 0 def when charging , 5 when summon tornado.
immune to knockback , anti-gravity.
note: this is a post skeletron be sure you have potions and double-jump bottles or flying carpet
summoned with tornado feather: crafted 10 feather tornado stone 1 and 5 silver bar.
tornado stone ore tile mined nightmare pickaxe
and now for drops.
tornado-fury: dmg 32: type: sword. shoot little tornado.
harpy staff dmg 18: type Summoner shoot 2 feather. a uprage to bee staff
armor: tornado armor
plate 12 def 10% magic damage crafted 20 tornado bar
headgear 8 def 8% magic damage crafted by 15 tornado bar
leggings 10 def 8% magic damage crafted by 10 tornado bar
bonus set: tornado double jump
that all: i hope you like it

nice job: hey i give you to make what next is: underground NPC and floating island tower
aka tornado and the sky tower suggestion warning: huge suggestion.
what is floating island tower. what it look like
a tower with sunplate
two loot chest
one is locked.
and now a boss.
the tornado harpy.no sprite:sigh:
it has 6200 hp.
dmg 30 (when charged) 38 (tornado) 35
12 def , 0 def when charging , 5 when summon tornado.
immune to knockback , anti-gravity.
note: this is a post skeletron be sure you have potions and double-jump bottles or flying carpet
summoned with tornado feather: crafted 10 feather tornado stone 1 and 5 silver bar.
tornado stone ore tile mined nightmare pickaxe
and now for drops.
tornado-fury: dmg 32: type: sword. shoot little tornado.
harpy staff dmg 18: type Summoner shoot 2 feather. a uprage to bee staff
armor: tornado armor
plate 12 def 10% magic damage crafted 20 tornado bar
headgear 8 def 8% magic damage crafted by 15 tornado bar
leggings 10 def 8% magic damage crafted by 10 tornado bar
bonus set: tornado double jump
that all: i hope you like it

Woah. That's quite a handful of ideas. I definitely want to do the sky tower, but I'm not sure how good I'd be at making a boss. As in, a completely original boss. Thanks!

So... I really don't know what else I can really add. The more stuff I create, the higher the chance that you'll come across everything really easily. I'm tempted to just label the current version 1.0 and if there's any errors or small additions, to add them in a 1.0.0.1 etc. update. Other than that, I'm tempted to call this mod a done release and not touch it. Up to you guys, not really sure what else I can add.

Make it so that you can find a Town NPC inside of the Maze and/or the Dwell Citadel. As soon as I'm able to start playing mods again, I'd like to add this to the list of mods.

How about adding in a sort of Gauntlet, as in a trap filled hallway with a room with a treasure chest at the end, made of a material that can't be mined with anything but a Hardmode Pick?

i have an idea for the citadel: Rich House. Made fully out of gold bricks and walls. Rare building so you don't see it in every citadel, and to make it less OP. Can contain multiple rooms and floors, each room can contain one or more golden chest that each contain lots of coins and gold bars, uncommonly a Gold Statue that sells for lots, and very, VERY rarely a Midas statue that spawns 8-12 gold coins when triggered with wire.

i have an idea of how it would generate.
Room minimum width: 8
Room minimum height: 6
If the current room's height is more than 8, it spawns a platform with a chest on top of it, around 3 blocks above the first chest.
If the current room's height is more than 12, a floor is spawned at height 6 of the previous room, creating a new room, and a new chest is spawned on the second floor.
If the current room's width is more than 8, the current chest is moved 2 blocks to the left and a new chest is spawned around 3 blocks to the right of the previous chest.
If the current room's width is more than 16, a wall is spawned at width 8 of the previous room, creating a new room, and a new chest is spawned on the new room.

You gave a link to the wrong adfly page... I'm surprised no one has noticed
Anyway, you should make mineshafts generate with different types of wooden chests and wood depending on which biome they're in (Boreal for Snow, Mahogany for Jungle)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

i have an idea for the citadel: Rich House. Made fully out of gold bricks and walls. Rare building so you don't see it in every citadel, and to make it less OP. Can contain multiple rooms and floors, each room can contain one or more golden chest that each contain lots of coins and gold bars, uncommonly a Gold Statue that sells for lots, and very, VERY rarely a Midas statue that spawns 8-12 gold coins when triggered with wire.

i have an idea of how it would generate.
Room minimum width: 8
Room minimum height: 6
If the current room's height is more than 8, it spawns a platform with a chest on top of it, around 3 blocks above the first chest.
If the current room's height is more than 12, a floor is spawned at height 6 of the previous room, creating a new room, and a new chest is spawned on the second floor.
If the current room's width is more than 8, the current chest is moved 2 blocks to the left and a new chest is spawned around 3 blocks to the right of the previous chest.
If the current room's width is more than 16, a wall is spawned at width 8 of the previous room, creating a new room, and a new chest is spawned on the new room.

Make it so that you can find a Town NPC inside of the Maze and/or the Dwell Citadel. As soon as I'm able to start playing mods again, I'd like to add this to the list of mods.

I like these ideas! They'll make the Citadel a bit more interesting, I'll definitely add these. I like the idea of the Midas Statue, though that could be a bit OP. I'll try and think of a way that makes it a 'lil less OP but still worth it!

How about adding onto the sky layer with more floating islands and such?

Would be great if I could change the height of the maps :(
Could still add some more, if you'd like. Might be able to specify an amount in the Mod Options so you can choose how many extra islands you want. Good idea?

You gave a link to the wrong adfly page... I'm surprised no one has noticed
Anyway, you should make mineshafts generate with different types of wooden chests and wood depending on which biome they're in (Boreal for Snow, Mahogany for Jungle)

Holy... wow. I'm surprised I didn't get reported for that. I guess Adfly screwed me over, as the link should have worked. I've deleted the link, it's now direct.
Also, I like that idea, and it's possible too. Might even change the wood colour, and make some new fences :p

How about adding in a sort of Gauntlet, as in a trap filled hallway with a room with a treasure chest at the end, made of a material that can't be mined with anything but a Hardmode Pick?

What's in the chest?! :D
Do like the idea of that, might see if I can make some custom traps as well. If you like that idea and it's possible, some ideas for that would be nice :p

This Looks Like A Cool Mod :)

Thank you! :p

Welp, turns out not being on the forums for two days leaves you with this. Sorry for not replying sooner. I will definitely continue the mod with these suggestions, though I am officially retiring making my own ideas. The new aim for this mod is to make things that people want, and then people who don't want it can just disable it, hence the mod options. Thanks for the support guys!

:D

You should make floating islands sometimes spawn with a larger structure that has more than one chest (Most common on small worlds & least common on large)

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

I like these ideas! They'll make the Citadel a bit more interesting, I'll definitely add these. I like the idea of the Midas Statue, though that could be a bit OP. I'll try and think of a way that makes it a 'lil less OP but still worth it!

Would be great if I could change the height of the maps :(
Could still add some more, if you'd like. Might be able to specify an amount in the Mod Options so you can choose how many extra islands you want. Good idea?

Holy... wow. I'm surprised I didn't get reported for that. I guess Adfly screwed me over, as the link should have worked. I've deleted the link, it's now direct.
Also, I like that idea, and it's possible too. Might even change the wood colour, and make some new fences :p

What's in the chest?! :D
Do like the idea of that, might see if I can make some custom traps as well. If you like that idea and it's possible, some ideas for that would be nice :p

Thank you! :p

Welp, turns out not being on the forums for two days leaves you with this. Sorry for not replying sooner. I will definitely continue the mod with these suggestions, though I am officially retiring making my own ideas. The new aim for this mod is to make things that people want, and then people who don't want it can just disable it, hence the mod options. Thanks for the support guys!

:D
The chest would most like contain bars, potions, and gold, and a random Underground Chest loot, and a random boss summoner. How about it has a random chance of having additional floors (up to 5) with each being harder than the first, and at the top of the 5th floor, is a Shadow chest with a Enchanted Sword? I'll build an example later, as well as come up with trap ideas.

You should make floating islands sometimes spawn with a larger structure that has more than one chest (Most common on small worlds & least common on large)

Good idea! Would have to come up with some sort of idea, unless you have one? :p

The chest would most like contain bars, potions, and gold, and a random Underground Chest loot, and a random boss summoner. How about it has a random chance of having additional floors (up to 5) with each being harder than the first, and at the top of the 5th floor, is a Shadow chest with a Enchanted Sword? I'll build an example later, as well as come up with trap ideas.

I like the idea of it being stacked, might also make it quite long. Still not sure how to make traps, though I presume it's something to do with Spawning projectiles. Will have a look. Also, making a laser trap is already on mind :p

Reactions: Azu
Good idea! Would have to come up with some sort of idea, unless you have one? :p

I like the idea of it being stacked, might also make it quite long. Still not sure how to make traps, though I presume it's something to do with Spawning projectiles. Will have a look. Also, making a laser trap is already on mind :p
I could try building something (With TEdit, because I'm lazy)

Back
Top Bottom