NPCs & Enemies Skeletron Prime Improvements - Gadgets and Changes

Those sprites are really :red:ing badass. Nothing else I can say. Additionally, the potential for each Prime fight to be different due to the randomness of the arms is something I love. Support.

the re desings of primes current look i like but skeletron is already pretty op.
(but i do like the idea of more things you can make from souls of fright)

What would he look like with the spikes out?
SkeleRage Prime.png

One thing I would change about Skeletron Prime is that his health, instead of being 29000 surrounded by four 5K to 8K limbs, would become:

Something around 50,000 with the four limbs being parts of the overall health(much like the segments of the Destroyer)
There would be three stages;
  • First being that S.P will have the same AI as usual. 50K to 38K.
  • Second being that S.P will lose his Laser. The cannon will now shoot mines 70% of the time. S.P will also be more erratic, going into rage more often as well.

• The final phase: At 25K, S.P loses the cannon, causing him to grow two extra Vices. Prime is now in a permanent rage mode, traveling at breakneck speed while flailing his arms in a circle. Every 5 seconds...

• (Corruption World) Prime's eyes will glow green as he rushes the player similar to Spazmitism, inflicting Broken Armor and Cursed Inferno
  • (Crimson World) Prime's eyes will glow yellow as he fires a Shoop Da Woop-esque laser at the player around 5 tiles in width. Inflicts Ichor and Blackout.
Upon death, Prime will drop the items suggested here, as well as 20-40 living Cursed Flames/living Ichor blocks. Vanity FTW! :D

One thing I would change about Skeletron Prime is that his health, instead of being 29000 surrounded by four 5K to 8K limbs, would become:

Something around 50,000 with the four limbs being parts of the overall health(much like the segments of the Destroyer)
There would be three stages;
  • First being that S.P will have the same AI as usual. 50K to 38K.
  • Second being that S.P will lose his Laser. The cannon will now shoot mines 70% of the time. S.P will also be more erratic, going into rage more often as well.

• The final phase: At 25K, S.P loses the cannon, causing him to grow two extra Vices. Prime is now in a permanent rage mode, traveling at breakneck speed while flailing his arms in a circle. Every 5 seconds...

• (Corruption World) Prime's eyes will glow green as he rushes the player similar to Spazmitism, inflicting Broken Armor and Cursed Inferno
  • (Crimson World) Prime's eyes will glow yellow as he fires a Shoop Da Woop-esque laser at the player around 5 tiles in width. Inflicts Ichor and Blackout.
Upon death, Prime will drop the items suggested here, as well as 20-40 living Cursed Flames/living Ichor blocks. Vanity FTW! :D
50k health is absolutely not going to happen. Think about it: That's as much as Duke Freaking Fishron, except you only have 8 or 9 minutes to beat Skeletron and failing to do so results in inescapable death.

Other than that, that is much more adequate as part of a separate suggestion thread. Mine is geared towards making Prime an adequately badass boss, and that isn't really compatible.

i personally think skeletron prime is nasty enough as he is
At the very least there should be a reason for the Cannon to exist. That thing is practically harmless.

50k health is absolutely not going to happen. Think about it: That's as much as Duke Freaking Fishron, except you only have 8 or 9 minutes to beat Skeletron and failing to do so results in inescapable death.

Other than that, that is much more adequate as part of a separate suggestion thread. Mine is geared towards making Prime an adequately badass boss, and that isn't really compatible.

You're right about my suggestion being adequate to a separate thread, though your argument about the health reminds me about a certain two eyes that you kill in order to make a magical harp...

But who doesn't want living Cursed Flame blocks?

maybe make a mod that gives a hardcore boss expansion where after you defeat a boss once they will be buffed and can spawn differently so the first time you fight skeletron prime its his normal version then the second time its this version and you can do it with all the bosses! (not released all at once of course) also love those sprites if you dont use them for a mod then use them for a texture pack cause they look amazing! but the miniguns damage is overpowered for something that shoots rapidly even with low accuracy!

maybe make a mod that gives a hardcore boss expansion where after you defeat a boss once they will be buffed and can spawn differently so the first time you fight skeletron prime its his normal version then the second time its this version and you can do it with all the bosses! (not released all at once of course)
Well we have Expert Mode as an official thing, which gives some bosses special AI and stuff. This could work well for that. :)

Well, yeah. So do Probes. Every once in a while you'll see one that drops two Hearts instead of one.

If they can't dodge one assortment of chaotic flying limbs and projectiles, they'll be just as helpless against another. :indifferent:

Even if you focus on the head, you'll notice that the Arms start dropping away anyways. Whenever I fight Prime, almost (if not) all of the appendages are out by the end of the fight, even when I try and focus solely on his skull. More durable parts means that Prime carries his capability to deal damage further into the fight, and less durable parts means he's going to be crippled sooner than he normally does. That can be balanced with damage.

Thanks for that, at least. :)

Or variation and stat upgrades. Why not?

Exactly. Everything in gets more dangerous in Rage mode except the spinning head of doom.

But the thing is his head isnt vulnerable his defence doubles to an amount where you do barely any damage at all and sometimes no damage at all! (if you arent perpared correctly and if you arent perpared at all) also his damage doubles, it might be hard to get hit but if you make a big mistake and you will take a pretty high amount of damage cause a big enough mistake to let him hit you in rage will make him hit you 2 or 3 times while the arms are doing damage too... and even if it might be hard for it to hit you its hard for you to hit him (not accuracy of course if you think that then... idk) all i can say is its not the pre-hardmode skeletron no-hit run your used to. (bragging rights(even if it is pretty easy))

For expert mode, why not simply add ALL arms? To not get an insanely OP boss though; remove the x2 HP thing on all parts. (from expert mode)

For expert mode, why not simply add ALL arms? To not get an insanely OP boss though; remove the x2 HP thing on all parts. (from expert mode)
I was thinking something along the lines of this: After destroying one of his limbs, it is immediately replaced by its alternate. The Skull would have an extreme amount of defense that gradually decreases as limbs are destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom