Answering the Questions, Gray style

652Graystripe

Plantera
This is a (truly ancient) AMA thread that I forgot existed. Feel free to ask me things!

In terms of forbidden questions:
  • Don't be weird. I mean, I understand odd questions, and I'll answer most things, but if you try to make me uncomfortable you'll look like a jerk and no one will laugh. And chances are it won't work, I'm basically immune to shame.
  • Try and limit your number of questions a little bit. Five is a good max, unless they're very small.
  • I mean, you can ask for my personal info, but I won't give it, and unfortunately since I've already said this, your joke will probably fall flat. Sorry.
(This is the first of two posts, since I forgot I had an old AMA.)

Last edited:
Why is your name 652Graystripe? Is that a Warrior cats character i missed? and why the numbers?
I liked Warriors at the time I created my first name, and decided to change it up a little upon getting Minecraft, primarily because of the character restriction. 652.5 is my favorite number.

Hello, all! I haven't really done anything this personal on these forums, but I thought that if anyone wants to get to know me a little better, it would be a good opportunity.

Couple basic rules:
  • Don't be weird. I mean, I understand odd questions, and I'll answer most things, but if you try to make me uncomfortable you'll look like a jerk and no one will laugh. And chances are it won't work, I'm basically immune to shame.
  • Try and limit your number of questions a little bit. Five is a good max, unless they're very small.
  • I mean, you can ask for my personal info, but I won't give it, and unfortunately since I've already said this, your joke will probably fall flat. Sorry.

In terms of basic things: I'm a Swedish-American who lives somewhere in the Inland Northwest (I migrate seasonally). Currently earning my bachelor's in history education, then moving on to my PhD in history, with the goal of teaching and researching at a university. In my spare time, I like to run or bike, or really any active outdoor pursuit. Games are actually a relatively small part of my life nowadays, since I'm so busy doing housework/homework/regular work, not in that order. But I do love playing games, don't get me wrong! I just don't have much time.

What accessories you usually use in Terraria?
I typically play Expert/Master, so I'll bring the Worm Scarf/Brain of Confusion, or both since 1.4, and the Shield of Cthulhu. I like having wings, boots, and usually a select emblem as well. Class specific items like the Mechanical Glove, Papyrus Scarab, or Sniper Scope can be swapped in and out as necessary. In terms of general utility, the Charm of Myths is always nice.

Here's a few dumb questions:
  1. What is the IQ of Donald Trump?
  2. Which U.S. state is the flattest? (Most people get this wrong)
  3. How tall am I?
  4. Which is superior: Xbox One or PS4?
You can answer them all, some, or none. I just like making pointless quizzes.

Hello Graystripe,

It turns out you had an already existing AMA Thread. Members are permitted only one AMA Thread so I've merged your new AMA into your original one so you may continue using your original Thread. You can update your thread description as you desire and request a title change if you wish to have it changed to the newer one's title.

For a question, what is your favorite boss in Terraria?

Hello Graystripe,

It turns out you had an already existing AMA Thread. Members are permitted only one AMA Thread so I've merged your new AMA into your original one so you may continue using your original Thread. You can update your thread description as you desire and request a title change if you wish to have it changed to the newer one's title.

For a question, what is your favorite boss in Terraria?
Dang, I had completely forgotten. It was a loooong time ago, I guess.

Favorite boss would probably be the Expert Mode Eye of Cthulhu. It's such a fun, high-speed fight, and it consistently gives me a challenge without feeling too hard.
  1. Which U.S. state is the flattest? (Most people get this wrong)
  2. Which is superior: Xbox One or PS4?
Gonna have to guess Nebraska, although it does have the foothills in the western part... yeah, I dunno. I do have an image saved to my phone that's a topographical map of Kansas with its height entirely averaged, though.

No real preference. I tend to favorite whichever has more games, because I like those. Never owned a console other than the Nintendo DS, though.

Back
Top Bottom