Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

I think I know how I can edit this sprite. First, I will add a slight blue instead of using grey scale. (Learned that from balduran's guide) Then, maybe add a lighter tone to the glow near the blade. @DerpoTheMagnificent , what do you think? Be brutally honest.
Brutally honest eh? (I think BrutalLlama might be better suited for that :p) Well, first off, I notice that it's called the heaven blade, so instead of giving the blade a blue tinge, I'd give it a yellow tinge. Then I'd change the hilt, give it a different color and separate it from the blade with a few pixels.
Like this
heaven blade hilt change.png
(all I changed was a few pixels at the top of the hilt).
As for what color you should use for hilt, I don't know. Try different shades of green or yellow. Other than that, it's not bad.

Brutally honest eh? (I think BrutalLlama might be better suited for that :p) Well, first off, I notice that it's called the heaven blade, so instead of giving the blade a blue tinge, I'd give it a yellow tinge. Then I'd change the hilt, give it a different color and separate it from the blade with a few pixels.
Like this
View attachment 53787 (all I changed was a few pixels at the top of the hilt).
As for what color you should use for hilt, I don't know. Try different shades of green or yellow. Other than that, it's not bad.
Thnx for teh feedback. I appreciate it. I might change it to a shade of blue, like i said. Also, very nice blimp. Kinda steam-punky. It's awesome.
EDIT:Yellow may work I'll experiment.

Hope it's okay that it's animated.
balloon_boy_terraria_style_by_girghgh-d8uwl8j.gif

It's BB (Balloon Boy) as he was in FNaF2.
Edit: Non animated, Terraria sized sprite.
bb_by_girghgh-d8uwnn5.png

I think I know how I can edit this sprite. First, I will add a slight blue instead of using grey scale. (Learned that from balduran's guide) Then, maybe add a lighter tone to the glow near the blade.
Hey wassup
If you want to make the blade look silvery, definitely go for the blue tinting. Adding yellow would make it look like gold, which could look good too (But be careful because yellow is a tricky shade to work with). You can also change the outline a bit, to give some more details to the blade. Also be careful when you change the thickness of the blade (The part where the blade suddenly becomes thinner looks weird); Try using more shades and colors (right now the whole sword is only grey, make the hilt or the handle be some other color) And try to have a stronger shading, and use it on your favor to add more details to the sprite.

Other than that, just do some tweaking here and there and it'll look pretty good.

Here, I took the sprite and edited it:
CSjOowI.gif

The sword might look completely different now, but all I did was change the shading/colors and mess around with the outlines (There's also the animated glow but that doesn't matter). That's because the whole shading part is the hardest when making pixelart, and it's the most important thing to have your sprites looking good.
There's this tutorial about shading and choosing colors that I made, which might be pretty helpful for ya.

Sorry for the wall of text

Hey wassup
If you want to make the blade look silvery, definitely go for the blue tinting. Adding yellow would make it look like gold, which could look good too (But be careful because yellow is a tricky shade to work with). You can also change the outline a bit, to give some more details to the blade. Also be careful when you change the thickness of the blade (The part where the blade suddenly becomes thinner looks weird); Try using more shades and colors (right now the whole sword is only grey, make the hilt or the handle be some other color) And try to have a stronger shading, and use it on your favor to add more details to the sprite.

Other than that, just do some tweaking here and there and it'll look pretty good.

Here, I took the sprite and edited it:
CSjOowI.gif

The sword might look completely different now, but all I did was change the shading/colors and mess around with the outlines (There's also the animated glow but that doesn't matter). That's because the whole shading part is the hardest when making pixelart, and it's the most important thing to have your sprites looking good.
There's this tutorial about shading and choosing colors that I made, which might be pretty helpful for ya.

Sorry for the wall of text
Actually, that wall of text was all quite helpful. I will definitely use your tutorial as well as balduran's. I'm relatively new to pixel art, so, I just gotta keep practicing. I agree with the yellow thing. When you go too dark it looks like diarrhea. Anyways, thanks!

6aYXqQM.png
This is my first sprite ever created. Is it good or bad? I made a basic sword with simple shading.
It looks pretty good for a first sprite!
Though it should have a stronger shading (more contrast between the tones) And it would look better if the black section of the blade and the outlines had a little hint of some other color (right now they're completely grayscale, and it usually doesn't look good on pixelart.)

Over did shading a bit. Also not faded into the darkest shade at all.
It looks pretty good for a first sprite!
Though it should have a stronger shading (more contrast between the tones) And it would look better if the black section of the blade and the outlines had a little hint of some other color (right now they're completely grayscale, and it usually doesn't look good on pixelart.)
Thanks, and I appreciate your opinions. I don't know how to reduce the shading. I simply made a part of the sword blacker than any color, then smudged it. By looking at other sprites made by other people, the main color and the shading has a big difference, so hopefully I will make mine too.

@GIRGHGH Could you specify where I overdid the shading? I'll do my best to make it better.

Back
Top Bottom