Game Mechanics Fixing the Moon events

neoselket

Ice Queen
Right now, it's almost impossible to get to a decent wave in the Pumpkin/Frost Moons with a defensive setup. unless you concentrate on damage, you're going to get to maybe wave 10 and day comes. Boom. One medallion down the drain. i have a way to fix that.

Option 1:

When you summon a pumpkin/frost moon, it consumes the medallion and starts the event. The event only ends when either a certain number of monsters are killed in the final wave, the player dies, a solar eclipse or other event spawns, or the player cancels the event. How to cancel it? When it starts, it gives the player a buff, "Pumpkin Moon: an army of haunted monsters is attacking" that can be cancelled with a right click. however, what's to prevent people from cancelling the event to avoid dying? When you right-click it, it starts a 20 second timer. When the timer reaches 0, the event ends. Daytime will not have been affected, rather the moon will have been extended into daytime.

Option 2:

When you summon it, it gives you the buff like normal. The buff lasts for about 26 minutes, which is roughly one full day cycle in Terraria. When daytime comes, the moon will stop, and things will continue as normal. However, when the next night comes, if you use another medallion without cancelling the buff first, the moon will spawn at the same wave you stopped at, although your kill score will be reset to 0. To prevent people from just constantly summoning the moon at wave 15, after a certain number of mobs have been killed in the final wave, the event will stop with the message:"The Pumpkin/Frost Moon has been defeated!"

I get what you are saying. But what of on multi one player cancels and the other players want the event to go on longer. Then what?

Then sorry I don't support this. Not fair to all players.

you can't just cancel the event anytime. it either stops when you beat the final wave, or when everyone dies/daytime comes/something else mooneventendey. besides, if you're in multiplayer, than you'd likely beat the event pretty quick.

Perhaps everyone should have to cancel, or maybe just 2/3. As of now moon events are more of a test of your building/trap creation and this will help greatly.

you can't just cancel the event anytime. it either stops when you beat the final wave, or when everyone dies/daytime comes/something else mooneventendey. besides, if you're in multiplayer, than you'd likely beat the event pretty quick.

Well now you explained kinda nicer the first reply was a little rude. But either way hope you have a good day/night !

it was rude? i just meant that i couldn't think of a way to fix that.
I understand I still like the idea! Lol its honestly a good idea no lie. And well I usually solo the moons but I'm hoping to have a group to play soon and try to defeat it. I know I been told you can't defeat the last wave but I still wanna try =]

Back
Top Bottom