Is this good?

• Great!

• Fine

• Bad

• Pointless!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZemmySix

Retinazer
Hello, and welcome to the ocean expansion.Even though the ocean already has its own boss,event and scenery Ive always wanted it to have a little bit more.So without further ado...​

Bosses:
Neptune
Neptune is a non-hardmode boss summoned by using rotten shark bits 5% drop from sharks at a demon altar.
Health:7`000
Melee (trident): 30
Ranged (wave attack) : 25
Phases: in phase one Neptune will summon groups of 2 mermaids which will attack and have the same stats as regular mermaids.He will also attempt to lunge at the player and swing at him with his trident.After he reaches at 5`000 hp his second form engages,his eyes will glow blue and his tails elegant jade scales split of to reveal gleaming metal. In this form he will stop summoning mermaids and start creating waves which he will aim towards the player.
Loot!:Neptunes mask,Neptune trophy mermaids staff,Crown of the sea.

Enemies:
index.png
Giant Clam
Heath:200hp
Damage:20
Defence:20
The giant clam will also produce air bubbles every 5-6 seconds allowing underwater survival to become easier.
Drops:
h.png pearl, crafting material​

index.png
Mermaid
Health:90
Damage:28
Defense:0
Drops:l.png seashell spade, tool
k.png surfboard pike, weapon​

Vampire Squid:
Health:200
Attack:45
Defence:10
Only spawns in Hardmode, Every time it attacks you it will heal 20hp.
Drops:???​

Tools and Weapons:​

Surfboard pike
Damage:36
Knockback:Very weak
Type:spear
This spear-type weapon fires a seaweed vine much similar to vilethorns but only does 12 damage.​

Seashell Spade:
Damage:6
Knockback:None
Speed:Very fast
This special shell can dig softer objects like sand and dirt much faster it however cannot mine ores or stone.​

rrVOaiX.png
Mermaids staff:This ancient staff summons two small mermaids which do 15 damage. One of the mermaids wields a trident and the other shoots a water bolt similar to the water bolts bolt but darker in colour.​

Misc:​

g.png
Pearl Necklace
Equipable,Vanity item
Crafting:12 pearls​

Coralstone Torch bigger.png
Coralstone Torches
Crafting 60 torches and 1 coralstone
These torches give off multiple colored lights and can be placed underwater (obviously)​

Marble structures now spawn at the bottom of the ocean.Marble Block bigger.png Marble Block.png

Thank you for reading.Leave a comment on what you think or if there are balancing issues.Thanks to @DerpoTheMagnificent,@JDB6991 @Jestex and @Sir Cutswood for sprites!
If you like this idea attach this banner, by Me, to your signature.
Banner.png

Last edited:
Hmm. While this is nice, I think it will have to merge with the proposal of whoever proposes a full expansion to the Ocean. This is certainly helpful, but isn't an expansion as much as the HM Dungeon and Jungle were expanded in 1.2. I'm supporting these, but I don't expect this to be the end of it.

Hmm. While this is nice, I think it will have to merge with the proposal of whoever proposes a full expansion to the Ocean. This is certainly helpful, but isn't an expansion as much as the HM Dungeon and Jungle were expanded in 1.2. I'm supporting these, but I don't expect this to be the end of it.
This is true, however I never intended it to be a full expansion in the first place.Did you mean this instead of these

Last edited:
I really hope they expand upon the Ocean biome in 1.3. It has always been one of my favorite biomes, but it seems rather lacking, and these things would make it much more exiting! :D

You might want to expand on some of these ideas, or add more, but overall this is a great suggestion. Prism approved!

I really hope they expand upon the Ocean biome in 1.3. It has always been one of my favorite biomes, but it seems rather lacking, and these things would make it much more exiting! :D

You might want to expand on some of these ideas, or add more, but overall this is a great suggestion. Prism approved!
Thank you I'm planning on adding more need to wait for sprites though. :(

I've got an idea in progress that takes things to the next step I simply need to figure out drops loot list for ship wrecks as well as a craft-able list...
(I've thought up the enemies) some of these could work as surface enemies (my suggestion primarily involves an underground ocean biome)

I need my Ocean to have all the same features the Jungle has.

Surface biome(the ocean itself). Underground biome(flooded caverns made of coralstone). A mini-dungeon(Water Temple). Multiple bosses(a normalmode boss, Fishron, and one for the Temple itself). Structures for chests(shipwrecks).

Surface biome(the ocean itself). Underground biome(flooded caverns made of coralstone). A mini-dungeon(Water Temple). Multiple bosses(a normalmode boss, Fishron, and one for the Temple itself). Structures for chests(shipwrecks).
That would be SICK!

nice honestly several of those points are pretty similar to what I'm working on just far less brutal... (Also not a big fan of the temple as with two oceans its a bit harder than the jungle to add... However what would you feel about a hardmode dungeon tier Ocean?

I have always though that the ocean was a bit pointless. The only reason it exists is so that I can check the watch chests for the water walking boots and farm for shark fins. Duke Fishron does require the ocean but other than that I ignore it unless I am doing the things previously mentioned.

Give the ocean a few more mobs that drop mats for unique gear and It will turn the oceans from mere book ends on my world into useful areas.

W
I have always though that the ocean was a bit pointless. The only reason it exists is so that I can check the watch chests for the water walking boots and farm for shark fins. Duke Fishron does require the ocean but other than that I ignore it unless I am doing the things previously mentioned.

Give the ocean a few more mobs that drop mats for unique gear and It will turn the oceans from mere book ends on my world into useful areas.
Would this.suggestion help with said problem?

This sounds like a good idea. However, taking into consideration the WOF is only 8,000 hp, I think that Neptune would have to have a little nerf in his health. 6,500-7,000 maybe?

Back
Top Bottom