Weapons & Equip Wraith Emblems: Universal Lifesteal

neoselket

Ice Queen
Many suggestions have been made about lifesteal ever since the vampire knives and spectre armor came out. There have been suggestions for lifesteal for rangers, summoners, even for melee corruption. while many of these ideas are good,(especially the last one) lifesteal is relied upon heavily to defeat strong bosses and moon events. I would prefer that lifesteal would be something that is helpful, but not powerful enough to replace healing potions, as it kinda does right now. My solution would not replace any existing lifesteal, or make any of the suggestions obsolete. In fact, it would stack well with many of them. So here is my idea:

Wraith Charm
dropped by wraiths(1% chance)
can be crafted at a tinkerers workshop with an emblem(from the Wall of Flesh) to produce a lifesteal emblem.

Wraith Emblem(melee)
crafted from a Wraith charm and a Warrior emblem
tooltip: gives attacks a chance to lifesteal
gives each melee attack a 30% chance to heal 5% health

Wraith Emblem(ranged)
crafted from a Wraith charm and a Ranger emblem
gives each ranged attack a 30% chance to heal 5% health

Wraith Emblem(magic)
crafted from a Wraith charm and a Sorcerer emblem
gives each magic attack a 30% chance to heal 5% health

Wraith Emblem(summoner)
crafted from a Wraith Charm and a Summoner emblem(confirmed for 1.3)
gives each summon attack a 30% chance to heal 5% health

Wraith Emblem
crafted from a Wraith Charm and an Avenger emblem
gives each attack a 20% chance to heal 5% health

Wraith Emblem
crafted from a wraith charm and a Destroyer emblem
gives each attack a 15% chance to heal 5% health
increases damage by 10%

The effects of all of these stack, even multiples of one. So you could equip 5 melee charms to give yourself tons of extra melee healing, or you could combine each of these. Each one takes up one accessory slot and cannot be tinkered further.

Attachments

• Wraith Charm.PNG
    Wraith Charm.PNG
    384 bytes · Views: 568
  • Wraith Emblem.png
    Wraith Emblem.png
    385 bytes · Views: 634
Last edited:
Support, other than the fact that it is just a destroyer emblem recolor and that it gives early game lifesteal. Also, all of them are named "Wraith Emblem", which is lack of variety.

I'm fine with the end result, but this entire process just seems like a pain in the arse.

I mean, getting all the Emblems, killing... 500 blood moon wraiths? It's not gated very far but honestly unless one was purposefully grinding for this, they wouldn't have it til post-mech/plantera/even later. Too much RNG for me. Either have it based on a more dependable, but gated, drop or make Wraith Charms easier to obtain.

ok, would 10% drop chance work? i figured that wraiths would be plentiful during blood moons, but i guess they are kinda rare.

ok, would 10% drop chance work? i figured that wraiths would be plentiful during blood moons, but i guess they are kinda rare.
They're plentiful, but honestly not to a great extent. I see a lot more zombies and possessed armors.

And increasing the drop chances seems to create more problems than it solves, because soon we're just going to end up with a pile we don't need. Maybe have them drop some more common thing (ghostly dust?) and craft that into the charms.

They're plentiful, but honestly not to a great extent. I see a lot more zombies and possessed armors.

And increasing the drop chances seems to create more problems than it solves, because soon we're just going to end up with a pile we don't need. Maybe have them drop some more common thing (ghostly dust?) and craft that into the charms.

ok, i changed it so they drop them all the time, not just during blood moons.

Can I ask what the point of the Spectre armour is if this were to be implemented?

this isn't a super powerful lifesteal, it's intended to be something useful but not overly strong. also, it works with all classes, not just mages.

My point was, The entire use of Spectral Armour is that it heals the player, It was so overpowered when it first came out they had to slap a damage reduction on it.

5% of the maximum health, Is 25 hp. That's more than hearts dropped from enemies, And because some weapons fire at a crazy rate of speed, I just see these emblems being broken beyond belief. (10 rounds

For these reasons I don't it should happen, And I doubt Redigit would repeat it's mistakes made in the past so easily.

My point was, The entire use of Spectral Armour is that it heals the player, It was so overpowered when it first came out they had to slap a damage reduction on it.

5% at the maximum health, Is 25 hp. That's more than hearts dropped from enemies, And because some weapons fire at a crazy rate of speed, I just see these emblems being broken beyond belief.

For these reasons I don't it should happen, And I doubt Redigit would repeat it's mistakes made in the past so easily.

that's why it has a low chance to lifesteal. they also take up an accessory slot that could be used for other things and cannot be tinkered with anything.

30% chance of the Razorpine stealing health, Yea that's not broken.

Or the Tsunami bow, Or the Terrablade/Headless Horseman's Sword, Or the Razorblade Typhoon which can impact multiple enemies.

30% chance of the Razorpine stealing health, Yea that's not broken.

Or the Tsunami bow, Or the Terrablade/Headless Horseman's Sword, Or the Razorblade Typhoon which can impact multiple enemies.

there's a limit to how much life you can stel every second, so you can't just get tons of life all over the place. and it might not have the best stats, but i'm sure if it get's added re-logic will make it balanced.

there's a limit to how much life you can stel every second, so you can't just get tons of life all over the place. and it might not have the best stats, but i'm sure if it get's added re-logic will make it balanced.
See the limit isn't specified anywhere in the OP or this thread, So one would assume the only limit would be how fast your weapon fires/How many invincibility frames the enemy has.

If you wanted this balanced, Make one single emblem that has a 10% chance for melee weapons/5% chance of ranged/magic damage to heal 10% of the damage dealt. (Caps at a max of 25, Which was your original limit)

That may seem low, But it won't kill the Spectre Armour which is a guaranteed lifesteal at a higher replenish amount.

lucky wraith emblem(destroyer) + lucky evenger emblem + lucky destroyer emblem + lucky rangered emblem + lucky celestial shell +vortex/shroomite armor + cosmic car key + vortex beater/S.D.M.G + stardust dragon staff + endless musket pouch = easy way to kill moon lord/ about 1200 DPS on a INSANE TANK. is there any way to make it more powerful?

lucky wraith emblem(destroyer) + lucky evenger emblem + lucky destroyer emblem + lucky rangered emblem + lucky celestial shell +vortex/shroomite armor + cosmic car key + vortex beater/S.D.M.G + stardust dragon staff + endless musket pouch = easy way to kill moon lord/ about 1200 DPS on a INSANE TANK. is there any way to make it more powerful?
Moon Lord would disable the Lifesteal of the Wraith Emblem.

Back
Top Bottom