Terraria Premium/Collector's Edition Thingy

Trunklord

Terrarian
So, I posted this on the other forum and got nothing in reply.

So, I was tempted into buying the Collector's edition version of the game to play it and get the bunny. Sadly, since I bought the game a long time ago, I no longer have the opportunity to get the bunny at all. Is this some kind of bug/anomaly? Or is it just bad timing that I got it as soon as it got put up on Steam?

So, I posted this on the other forum and got nothing in reply.

So, I was tempted into buying the Collector's edition version of the game to play it and get the bunny. Sadly, since I bought the game a long time ago, I no longer have the opportunity to get the bunny at all. Is this some kind of bug/anomaly? Or is it just bad timing that I got it as soon as it got put up on Steam?

It is meant to be something unique for players, I am not sure if you can buy the extra copy CD key from amazon or something, and add it to steam...it would make no sense too because you already own the game and you are not missing out on much. The only thing I do not know regarding that specific item is obtaining it "legally", considering the fact that people could have traded it, but rules already clarified that those unique items cannot be traded on the forums. So yeah, there is not much information what is allowed. So I rather not say anything about the subject from here on out.

I'm going to go on a limb and say, if you didn't get it from Collector's Edition copy, you can't get it, and are not allowed to discuss ANY methods to obtaining it, regardless of the matter.

Last edited:
If you bought the CE and already had purchased/installed from Steam, I believe this would work:
  • Uninstall the game (delete local game content),
  • Install the game from the CD (it should install in the correct place),
  • Update the game through Steam (because the CE version is quite old by now).
You would not need the Steam key that comes with the CE because you already have a registered Steam copy. The update should not wipe out the bunny pet feature - like Marcus, I cannot discuss why I think this is so due to forum restrictions on such things.

My personal opinion is that the cost and risk of getting the CE at this point is not worth it for an in-game pet (there are much better pets in the current version of Terraria). The risk would be that what I said above would not work - I can't guarantee that it would.

Hope this helps in your decision.

This is one reason I have not bought the various CEs I see on store shelves here. Theres the risk that I might not be able to get the pet working. But I would really be buying it for the poster and the physical release, not a pet.

EDIT: Holy hell, Tunnel King, you just revealed that I CAN make another 1.1 world, since it installs an old version! Now I HAVE to get that CE.

EDIT: Holy hell, Tunnel King, you just revealed that I CAN make another 1.1 world, since it installs an old version! Now I HAVE to get that CE.
The Game Launcher on TO (http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/game-launcher-3-0.98965/), if it still works, has an option to downgrade to a previous selected version of the game, and would cost nothing. You can't downgrade to the CE, but you can downgrade to 1.1.2. I haven't used this in quite a while, so your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom