Biomes & Nature To Sea a Better Ocean a Large Ocean Revamp Collaboration

I understand the other points you made, but this? Realistically speaking: if there were to be an Underground Ocean biome, what would it be? Cus if you ask me, it would all be underwater. Underwater caverns. And while that is not necessarily a bad idea, the problem would be to make sure that all that water doesn't pour out into hell. That would create empty, boring caves at the bottom.
Water evaporates in hell. Also what stops you from just flooding hell another way like duplicating honey?

Also if you claim underground ocean doesn't make sense I have one point to bring up. Does an underground jungle make sense?

Have it be sealed at world generation.
Sounds like a job for... basalt. Make it entirely encase the biome, preventing the water from falling into hell. It would have to anyway, in order to entirely preotect the biome from early game players who wwant some sick lootz.
OP:
Wow. That was a LOT of information. I need a while to digest this, then erase it from my mind so that the content will be a surprise when it is added. Because, in some form or other, it has to be added. An Ocean expansion that adds more to the post-mech-pre-plantera portion of the game, AND removes the redundancy of otherwise useless items.
I love ocean expansions. I feel like the ocean has the potential to be an enjoyable, challenging area, with significance to progression, if given a chance. And this thread gives it a hell of a chance.
You have full support from me.

Have it be sealed at world generation.
Sounds like a job for... basalt. Make it entirely encase the biome, preventing the water from falling into hell. It would have to anyway, in order to entirely preotect the biome from early game players who wwant some sick lootz.
OP:
Wow. That was a LOT of information. I need a while to digest this, then erase it from my mind so that the content will be a surprise when it is added. Because, in some form or other, it has to be added. An Ocean expansion that adds more to the post-mech-pre-plantera portion of the game, AND removes the redundancy of otherwise useless items.
I love ocean expansions. I feel like the ocean has the potential to be an enjoyable, challenging area, with significance to progression, if given a chance. And this thread gives it a hell of a chance.
You have full support from me.
yep seems you guys actually figured it out basalt is the block meant to make draining the ocean difficult additionally don't forget that basalt and reefstone when mined produce water(like hell stone produces lava) plus the majority of the loot is from enemies which means if you drain the ocean you have deprived yourself of post Plantera gear...

I thought a salvage hook thing would have a 0% chance to catch a fish but a higher chance to catch crates. It comes at the cost of being able to catch fishing junk no matter your fishing power.

I thought a salvage hook thing would have a 0% chance to catch a fish but a higher chance to catch crates. It comes at the cost of being able to catch fishing junk no matter your fishing power.
hmm not bad might be an interesting addition as an accesory how large of a chance should it be?
Can't see the Lion fish sprite. :(
aww thats one I tried to make myself... I can see it fine so I'm not sure how to fix it... can anyone else see it?

Oh great. I was gonna make an underground ocean. But of course the popular people beat me to it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434280526,1434280446][/DOUBLEPOST]
As an alternate name for Reefstone, how about Livingstone, Aquastone, or Seastone? Maybe Shellstone?
Algaestone? Thats what I named my sprite for it.

Oh great. I was gonna make an underground ocean. But of course the popular people beat me to it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434280526,1434280446][/DOUBLEPOST]
Algaestone? Thats what I named my sprite for it.
YAY! I AM POPULAR
but in all seriousness, algeastone wouldn't really "fit" so to say. limestone maybe

There are actual sea creatures called living rocks. Plus coral is basically a network of living stones.
a living rock is not a see creature. they are a colony of symbiotic creatures on one rock, usually bought to support saltwater aquarium ecosystems

The issue this brings forth is one I've considered before as the rocks are meant to encompass the majority of the biomes underground strata having them be a bleeding creature is quiet strange for anything other than crimson. The only other alternative name I've considered is limestone which I guess could be used to craft concrete...

limestone would be good for under the sand near the surface. a sort of dead coral, or calcium jobby would be good. shellstone?

Back
Top Bottom