Weapons & Equip Band of Regeneration Changes

How do you feel about this suggestion?

• I like everything you said! This idea is as bright as a daybloom! :D

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • I like the performance suggestion, but NOT the location change.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I like the location suggestion, but NOT the performance change.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like anything you said. This idea is a community deathweed.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

TheSquishyDitto

Terrarian
Band_of_Regeneration.png
~ Performance ~
Band_of_Regeneration.png

To the point, I'd like to say the Band of Regeneration should be buffed. You may ask why, but a quick comparison between some items with passive life restoration capabilities should make a small problem evident.

For easy comparison (non-accessories listed for sense of scale)*:
  • Band_of_Regeneration.png
    0.5 health per second (at all times) (pre-Hardmode)
  • Charm_of_Myths.png
    0.5 health per second (at all times) (Hardmode)
  • Moon_Charm.png
    0.5 health per second (at night only) (Hardmode)
  • Sun_Stone.png
    2 health per second (at day only) (Hardmode)
  • Moon_Stone.png
    2 health per second (at night only) (Hardmode)
  • Celestial_Stone.png
    2 health per second (at all times) (Hardmode)
  • Regeneration_Potion.png
    2 health per second (5 min duration) (pre-Hardmode)
  • Campfire_%28buff%29.png
    5 health per second (?) (within range) (pre-Hardmode)
  • Heart_Lamp_%28buff%29.png
    5 health per second (?) (within range) (pre-Hardmode)
*All figures obtained from the official Terraria Wiki, any inaccuracies are an issue of the wiki and not indicative of faulty research on my part.

The Band of Regeneration, and even its Hardmode upgrade the Charm of Myths, are both dedicated passive health restoration accessories that only exist for that express purpose. Their capabilities are matched or eclipsed (no heavenly body pun intended) by numerous jack-of-all-trades across-the-board stat boosters. The weakness of the dedicated accessories means there's very little reason to pick them over other accessories beyond availability. The main reason anyone with knowledge of these rates even considers wearing a Charm of Myths is for the potion cooldown effect; the health regeneration is just an almost negligible bonus.

I'm not entirely sure what rates would be more acceptable, because life regeneration has been a hot topic of debate on these forums for a variety of reasons *coughheartlampcoughspectrearmorwheezevampireknivescough*. What I do know is, items dedicated to a task should be more powerful with respect to that task than items that provide a "minor increase" to numerous stats. Whether this means switching the rates of the Sun-Moon-Both stones with that of the Band of Regen family or buffing the Band of Regen family proportionately with respect to their position in game progression doesn't matter to me and is up to the community and ultimately this game's lovely development team.

Buffing proposals from community:
  • Make it similar to the mobile version's Valentine Ring (50% regeneration rate)
  • Heals 1-2 health per second rather than 0.5
  • Global % increase to all regeneration sources (25%?)

Band_of_Regeneration.png
~ Location ~
Band_of_Regeneration.png

Additionally, I've always seen the Band of Starpower as a counterpart to the Band of Regeneration; one restores mana while the other restores health. This dichotomy falls apart however, due to the fact that the Band of Starpower is a Corruption exclusive item while Bands of Regeneration are littered around the Underground in every world. I feel that it would be thematically appropriate to make the Band of Regeneration a drop of the Crimson's Demon Hearts, considering the Crimson has both a gear and color association with health, while the Corruption has a slightly closer association with mana. The Band of Regeneration even has a heart on it, further fitting in with the Crimson's theme!

Unfortunately, the current Mana Cuffs and Mana Regeneration Band recipes would then go from a Corruption world-only items to multi-world scavenger hunt items. This could be fixed by changing the Mana Regeneration Band's recipe to require infusing the Band of Starpower with a Mana Regeneration Potion instead. I justify that accessory-potion combination both with the existing accessory-potion combination, the Mana Flower, and by imagining that the potion was poured into a hollow cavity of the Band of Starpower to increase its mana channeling capabilities, similar to how the Mana Flower is just a Nature's Gift soaking up a Mana Potion. It never made sense to me that the Mana Regeneration Band just rewrites the Band of Regeneration's effect entirely, and this would resolve that small issue as well. This would additionally encourage the player to explore the alchemy side of the game. To further preserve the upgrade dichotomy between the two bands and biomes, Baconfry's Blood Pressure Cuffs could be implemented as the counterpart to the Mana Cuffs as outlined in the linked thread. Alternatively, for the mage alternative, the Occult Thorn would serve a similar purpose to the Magic Cuffs.

To clear up any confusion, this would be the result for the drop tables:
Shadow_Orb.png
:
Musket.png
Shadow_Orb_%28item%29.png
Vilethorn.png
Ball_O%27_Hurt.png
Band_of_Starpower.png

Crimson_Heart.png
:
The_Undertaker.png
Panic_Necklace.png
Crimson_Rod.png
The_Rotted_Fork.png
Band_of_Regeneration.png

This doesn't have to mean that the Crimson would never get a light source utility item either, a sixth item could easily be added to both of them that would finalize the 1:1 item category correspondence; a second Corruption accessory and a light source for the Crimson. What those items could be is up for anyone to suggest, it just makes more sense to me to have the counterpart bands found in counterpart biomes of the same color themes.

When considering this part of the suggestion, bear in mind that you may simply be accustomed to where the Band of Regeneration currently is; if the Crimson had existed from the start and the Band of Regeneration was already a Crimson exclusive, would you propose for it to be moved to the underground gold chests while the Band of Starpower was still in the Corruption? Are the gold chests more thematically appropriate than the biome of blood? Moving the Band of Regeneration to the Crimson certainly doesn't make it any harder to get ahold of if you need one, and in fact allows you to find it more easily since you know where to look.

Alternative proposals for matching counterparts from community:
  • Remove the Band of Starpower from the Corruption, making both non-biome specific without changing recipes

Band_of_Regeneration.png
~ Closing ~
Band_of_Regeneration.png

When this game first came out, the Band of Regeneration was one of my favored accessories. I enjoy items in almost any game that involve life manipulation, whether through restoration (holy or vampiric) or as fuel for dark magic, and the Band of Regeneration, though simple, was no exception. I enjoy the concept of the Charm of Myths as well, but as the game currently is, those two items pale in comparison to the myriad of other options available. It just feels like the Band of Regeneration has been left behind in the storm of item balancing and additions; a pristine relic of Terraria's past. :dryadsad:

TL;DR - Please buff the Band of Regen and Charm of Myths, and make the Band a Crimson drop to match the Band of Starpower.

Last edited:
Hmm only issue is that the main recipe that the band of regeneration is used in is with the band of starpower to make the mana regeneration band which is the main starting point for most endgame mage class accessories. This would force mages to have a crimson an corruption world (maybe even several due to how orbs work) just to get the parts they need.

Band of Regeneration should be buffed to heal 1 or 2 HP/s, but it should absolutely not replace the Panic Necklace as the Crimson's accessory. BoR is useless and that needs to be fixed, but changing it to a Crimson accessory would be unacceptable due to the fact that the Band of Starpower is Corruption-exclusive. In fact, I think the Band of Starpower needs to become a non-biome specific accessory, and a new accessory should take its place as a Shadow Orb drop, and also take the Shackle's place as an ingredient in Magic Cuffs.

Hmm only issue is that the main recipe that the band of regeneration is used in is with the band of starpower to make the mana regeneration band which is the main starting point for most endgame mage class accessories. This would force mages to have a crimson an corruption world (maybe even several due to how orbs work) just to get the parts they need.
I noted this under the location section that the recipe could be changed from including the Band of Regeneration to the Mana Regeneration Potion, so they don't necessarily have to make multiple worlds. :p

Band of Regeneration should be buffed to heal 1 or 2 HP/s, but it should absolutely not replace the Panic Necklace as the Crimson's accessory. BoR is useless and that needs to be fixed, but changing it to a Crimson accessory would be unacceptable due to the fact that the Band of Starpower is Corruption-exclusive. In fact, I think the Band of Starpower needs to become a non-biome specific accessory, and a new accessory should take its place as a Shadow Orb drop, and also take the Shackle's place as an ingredient in Magic Cuffs.
It doesn't have to replace the Panic Necklace, it can exist alongside it to fill out the Demon Heart drop count. The Shadow Orb (item) is a utility but that doesn't mean the Crimson absolutely needs to have an item with the same utility effect or category, an additional accessory (the Band of Regen) should suffice as a utility.

You missed the point. You can't have two items that are mutually exclusive in a tinkering recipe, and Potions do not suffice as replacements. You also seem to have misunderstood what I was saying. I said rather than being counterproductive and making the BoR a Crimson-exclusive accessory, we should do the exact opposite and add a replacement to the BoS so that it is no longer a Corruption-exclusive accessory.

You missed the point. You can't have two items that are mutually exclusive in a tinkering recipe, and Potions do not suffice as replacements. You also seem to have misunderstood what I was saying. I said rather than being counterproductive and making the BoR a Crimson-exclusive accessory, we should do the exact opposite and add a replacement to the BoS so that it is no longer a Corruption-exclusive accessory.
I did not misunderstand you, we simply disagree on this matter. I don't see why potions can't suffice in some cases, especially when the potion in question has almost the same name as the accessory it would create (Mana Regeneration Band); I see it as the potion being poured in some hollow cavity of the Band of Starpower and increasing its mana channeling abilities, similar to how in the case of the Mana Flower, the Nature's Gift is just a flower dipped in and taking nutrients from a regular Mana Potion. I just feel that the Corruption:Starpower-Crimson:Regeneration dichotomy is thematically appropriate, but your input is still appreciated. Thank you. :)

I definitely agree that the BoR is poopstink right now, but I don't think it should be Crimson-exclusive. Thanks for referencing me, though!
You're welcome!

I definitely have been in favor of buffing the band of regen for a while now, at least double what it currently does. The Celestial Stone is like 4 of them in one.

Edit: Not sure what, mechanically, could be done, but one idea would be for the Band of Regen to provide a global percentage increase to your regen, rather than a flat bonus. For instance, a 25% increase to health regen rates, which would also further apply to additional health regen sources, such as the Celestial Stone.

Synergy is nice.

hat begs the question, what sort of Corruption-exclusive accessory should take the BoS's place?
I'm thinking something that replaces the Shackle in the Magic Cuff's recipe, which means it would be something that turns damage into Mana. I haven't thought of a good name yet.

Edited the original post to include proposed solution ideas from this topic for both issues, and added some more comments about why I feel the Band of Regeneration belongs in the Crimson and that the Mana Regeneration Band's recipe should no longer include it.

I still don't insist why you insist on going backwards.

Going from this...
Shadow_Orb.png
:
Musket.png
Vilethorn.png
Ball_O%27_Hurt.png
Band_of_Starpower.png

Crimson_Heart.png
:
The_Undertaker.png
Panic_Necklace.png
Crimson_Rod.png
The_Rotted_Fork.png

Band_of_Regeneration.png

...to this...
Shadow_Orb.png
:
Musket.png
Vilethorn.png
Ball_O%27_Hurt.png
Band_of_Starpower.png

Crimson_Heart.png
:
The_Undertaker.png
Panic_Necklace.png
Crimson_Rod.png
The_Rotted_Fork.png
Band_of_Regeneration.png

...only adds frustration and leads to a second illogical potion tinker, which is an unnecessary problem.

This...
Shadow_Orb.png
:
Musket.png
Vilethorn.png
Ball_O%27_Hurt.png

Crimson_Heart.png
:
The_Undertaker.png
Panic_Necklace.png
Crimson_Rod.png
The_Rotted_Fork.png

Band_of_Regeneration.png
Band_of_Starpower.png

...actually solves the problems without creating new ones. Mages are no longer as handicapped on Crimson worlds, because the Band of Mana Regeneration is a definite possibility for every world. There is no need to change the recipe to something that doesn't make sense. With this, we can come up with new solutions to the other problems:
  • A better Corruption counterpart to the Panic Necklace that can be used to upgrade BoMR into Magic Cuffs (so it's a compromise between what we have and what Mages want) and a Blood Pressure Cuffs upgrade line for the Panic Necklace to balance it.
  • A new Crimson Heart drop that is a better utility counterpart to the Shadow Orb. I'm thinking a Meat Hook.
  • An accessory which can replace Mana Potion in the tinkering for the Mana Flower.
Instead of trading problems for other problems and using them to justify the exchange, why not just solve everything?

I've figured out why we disagree. I'm a lot more ambitious than you are when it comes to suggesting things.

While I agree that removing the Band of Starpower from the Corruption drops would even out the table (despite still leaving the void in category correspondence) and allow the Mana Cuffs to be made on any world, I do not understand the frustration or what you have against accessory recipes that include potions. The Tinkerer's Workshop does not exclusively deal in accessories, considering that the Diving Gear requires a piece of armor, the Mana Flower requires a potion, and the workshop even allows you to make boulders. To me, removing non-accessory components from upgraded accessories is the illogical backwards progress that makes things less flexible. Why should every accessory have to be made from other accessories? The Obsidian Skull, though an accessory, is straight up made of pure obsidian and there's been no apparent objection to smacking a skull over shields and horseshoes. Allowing non-accessories to be combined allows for more variety and flexibility based on current and future content, rather than requiring additional content.

My suggestion panders to what the game has currently been structured around; encouraging different content and playstyles for different playthroughs. I say the following based on my observations of the patterns of content the developers have added to the game and not on behalf of the developers' thought processes: If the game was really meant to be structured such that you can play the exact same way making the exact same accessories every time, then all of the biomes and all of the various ore alternates would be on the same world and there would be no RNG-based drops whatsoever, probably opting for NPC quest rewards instead. The Crimson and Corruption would just be on opposite sides of the world from each other like the Dungeon and Jungle. Currently, the game panders to a player that goes along their run, picking up the lucky drops they get and going "oh neat I can use this and make it part of my current arsenal", a more casual player, rather than the player that goes "I must have my exact way with all the drops I want on every run I do" and is forced to grind for their 100% completion. This isn't to say that both aren't valid playthrough mindsets, but you must agree that it's a lot less tedious to be a player of the former style. In the case of this thread, Corrupt worlds support mana capacity and recovery with the Mana Cuffs, while Crimson worlds care more for survivability and the life of the player. We disagree because our proposals differ on which playstyle they fundamentally support.

So back to your point, what we both consider a problem appears to be subjective here. To me, the Band of Starpower and Band of Regeneration are styled in a way, both in color and effect, that corresponds with the two biomes, and removing them from those biomes creates a thematic detachment. Additionally, your proposal, by itself, like mine, does nothing to solve the lack of a 1:1 item category ratio between the two biomes, both requiring additional currently non-existant items to fill the void. Likewise, both of our proposals pave the way to other suggestions, despite what you may think of mine. If mages are handicapped on Crimson worlds, why not use the buffed Band of Regeneration to their favor and make Crimson magic weapon suggestions that shoot using the mage's more quickly regenerating life force? Magic requiring the life of the user isn't an unknown concept. With my suggestion, the Corruption and Crimson both still need the same number of additional items, an accessory and utility, respectively. My suggestion does not block your idea of a new Corruption accessory, nor does it block the idea of a Meat Hook utility, nor the Blood Pressure Cuffs. The only difference is that in your suggestion, the Bands are shared in common and outside of the biomes. Your proposed solution, to me, is the one going backwards and trading problems for more problems; it makes Corrupt and Crimson worlds one step closer to being the same thing in each playthrough, rather than one step towards allowing both types of worlds to diverge and make niches for themselves.

Maybe I am less ambitious, but smaller changes are easier to add and run less risk of conflict with other changes.

I apologize for typing a novel to defend my point here. ^^;

It may elaborate your point better but doesn't refute anything I said in my previous post.
Alright, then.

So be it.

Allowing non-accessories to be combined allows for more variety and flexibility based on current and future content, rather than requiring additional content.
Taking the Band of Starpower out of the Shadow Orb's drop table absolutely doesn't "require" any additional content.
Now, I could just stop there and let them both be balanced 4 to 4, but that doesn't sit well with me.
I'm ambitious, and I just won't settle with the easy way out when a better solution exists.
This isn't to say that both aren't valid playthrough mindsets, but you must agree that it's a lot less tedious to be a player of the former style. In the case of this thread, Corrupt worlds support mana capacity and recovery with the Mana Cuffs, while Crimson worlds care more for survivability and the life of the player. We disagree because our proposals differ on which playstyle they fundamentally support.
This isn't about replay value. This is about consistency for a certain class. There's no need to piss off Mages. My method is a compromise, if you hadn't noticed, between giving Mages everything, which would be the most fair/consistent, and giving Mages all or nothing, which is the way it is.
So back to your point, what we both consider a problem appears to be subjective here. To me, the Band of Starpower and Band of Regeneration are styled in a way, both in color and effect, that corresponds with the two biomes, and removing them from those biomes creates a thematic detachment.
There is no thematic detachment in the first place. Band of Starpower is blue because the Mana bar is blue. Band of Regeneration is red because the Health bar is red. You're forcing a theme of Corruption and Crimson when none needs to exist. It doesn't correspond to the biomes. You're just trying to force that correlation to make your point, but that instead just invalidates it.
Additionally, your proposal, by itself, like mine, does nothing to solve the lack of a 1:1 item category ratio between the two biomes, both requiring additional currently non-existant items to fill the void.
Moving the band of Starpower creates a 4:4 balance. What the heck are you on about? See above.
Likewise, both of our proposals pave the way to other suggestions, despite what you may think of mine.
How exactly do either of ours "pave the way for new suggestions?" We both just started by moving stuff around.
If mages are handicapped on Crimson worlds, why not use the buffed Band of Regeneration to their favor and make Crimson magic weapon suggestions that shoot using the mage's more quickly regenerating life force? Magic requiring the life of the user isn't an unknown concept.
It isn't an unknown concept because it exists in the game already. Guess where? On Corruption worlds. You should be familiar with Magic Cuffs.
My suggestion does not block your idea of a new Corruption accessory, nor does it block the idea of a Meat Hook utility, nor the Blood Pressure Cuffs.
That's besides the point. Why make the change in one direction when an acceptable alternative is to go the exact opposite? Moving the Band of Regeneration to the Crimson just frustrated people who want to get it. This would become a problem if the Band of Regeneration became useful.
The only difference is that in your suggestion, the Bands are shared in common and outside of the biomes. Your proposed solution, to me, is the one going backwards and trading problems for more problems; it makes Corrupt and Crimson worlds one step closer to being the same thing in each playthrough, rather than one step towards allowing both types of worlds to diverge and make niches for themselves.
That's why I added new items and content to each. Mages get to be more satisfied, and Corruption and Crimson still gain more diversity.
Maybe I am less ambitious, but smaller changes are easier to add and run less risk of conflict with other changes.
Smaller suggestions also tend to get less done, and overlook larger, more comprehensive solutions.

Taking the Band of Starpower out of the Shadow Orb's drop table absolutely doesn't "require" any additional content.
That's not what I was saying. You have or had a problem with potions being mixed with accessories, and never explained why. Due to the lack of explanation, I attempted to guess at the reasoning, thinking you have an issue with non-accessories being components of accessories, which is the thing that would in turn lead to future restrictions on recipe combinations by requiring additional accessories to fit the bill when existing non-accessory items would work. I apologize if you had a different reason for finding the recipe illogical.

I'm ambitious, and I just won't settle with the easy way out when a better solution exists.
Better is subjective and I'm not sure what point you're fighting against here since you quoted yourself.

This isn't about replay value. This is about consistency for a certain class. There's no need to piss off Mages. My method is a compromise, if you hadn't noticed, between giving Mages everything, which would be the most fair/consistent, and giving Mages all or nothing, which is the way it is.
Mages wouldn't be pissed off if my second suggestion (the Occult Thorn) was added. If my suggestion was implemented by itself without any additional suggestions, yes, mages would still be worse off. However you seem to base your alternative on the idea that your additional suggestions would be implemented as well.

There is no thematic detachment in the first place. Band of Starpower is blue because the Mana bar is blue. Band of Regeneration is red because the Health bar is red. You're forcing a theme of Corruption and Crimson when none needs to exist. It doesn't correspond to the biomes. You're just trying to force that correlation to make your point, but that instead just invalidates it.
I will admit, yes, I may be stretching things there but blue and purple are very similar colors and I have difficulty telling the colors of the Ball o' Hurt from that of the Band of Starpower. However, Crimson is red, health is red, the Crimson's armor set regenerates health, and the Panic Necklace activates when your health is impacted. The Band of Starpower's color just seems to fit in to the area and seems like it would be a nice counterpart theme to the more obviously health-based theme of the Crimson. This doesn't invalidate the entirety of the rest of my post however.

Moving the band of Starpower creates a 4:4 balance. What the heck are you on about? See above.
Not quantity, category.
Shadow Orbs currently drop: 1 melee weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 magic weapon, 1 utility, 1 accessory.
Demon Hearts currently drop: 1 melee weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 magic weapon, 1 accessory.
Your proposal, by itself, takes away the Corruption's accessory. My proposal, by itself, gives the Crimson another. Neither balances the item categories 1:1. With your proposal, the Corruption needs an accessory, and the Crimson needs a utility. With my proposal, the exact same needs are present.

How exactly do either of ours "pave the way for new suggestions?" We both just started by moving stuff around.
By leaving a void in the item category correspondence as I stated. Where there is a void, there are suggestions to fill it.

It isn't an unknown concept because it exists in the game already. Guess where? On Corruption worlds. You should be familiar with Magic Cuffs.
Okay then, you agree, magic that uses life force is a valid idea. No argument here. There are different ways to go about it though, and the Magic Cuffs do it indirectly and encourage getting hit. The Occult Thorn does it directly and encourages not getting hit.

That's besides the point. Why make the change in one direction when an acceptable alternative is to go the exact opposite? Moving the Band of Regeneration to the Crimson just frustrated people who want to get it. This would become a problem if the Band of Regeneration became useful.
This is where my entire paragraph about what playstyle the game panders to comes in to play. You either pander to the completionists, or the folks who take each playthrough as is and enjoy a different ride each time. The decision is subjective and both have their merits and downfalls. Neither is "better".

That's why I added new items and content to each. Mages get to be more satisfied, and Corruption and Crimson still gain more diversity.
This is where you make the assumption that if your suggestion is added, all of your other relevant suggestions also get added. You deconstructed and attacked my idea point by point when I had only one suggestion, this one, to offer so far. I now have an additional suggestion that has synergy with this one to make the Crimson more unique.

Smaller suggestions also tend to get less done, and overlook larger, more comprehensive solutions.
By definition, obviously smaller suggestions get less stuff done. However, smaller ideas tend to be more modular and can be added or removed without affecting the entire ecosystem of their environment as much, a very important concept in programming and game design. Larger, more comprehensive solutions have a general tendency to not be the best ones, if you've heard of Occam's Razor.

Mages wouldn't be pissed off if my second suggestion (the Occult Thorn) was added. If my suggestion was implemented by itself without any additional suggestions, yes, mages would still be worse off. However you seem to base your alternative on the idea that your additional suggestions would be implemented as well.
Yes they would be, as they would still be screwed out of a pretty great set of accessories. Frankly, there are flaws with both of your propositions (you still absolutely have to have Corruption to get Magic Cuffs and Celestial Cuffs), however yours are much, much greater. (Oh and by the way, believe or not, some people like to aim for specific builds while playing, and this suggestion would basically destroy their ability to do so.)
I will admit, yes, I may be stretching things there but blue and purple are very similar colors and I have difficulty telling the colors of the Ball o' Hurt from that of the Band of Starpower. However, Crimson is red, health is red, the Crimson's armor set regenerates health, and the Panic Necklace activates when your health is impacted. The Band of Starpower's color just seems to fit in to the area and seems like it would be a nice counterpart theme to the more obviously health-based theme of the Crimson. This doesn't invalidate the entirety of the rest of my post however.
There is no correlation here. Technically, the band is PINK, and if you think the Ball o' Hurt and Band of Starpower are very similar color-wise, you might be colorblind, or your monitor has poor color balance- desaturated dark purple versus more saturated blue. They're pretty different. And, while Crimson's set does indeed add health regen, Corruption's doesn't add mana regen. Your "correlation" is irrelevant.
Not quantity, category.
Shadow Orbs currently drop: 1 melee weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 magic weapon, 1 utility, 1 accessory.
Demon Hearts currently drop: 1 melee weapon, 1 ranged weapon, 1 magic weapon, 1 accessory.
Your proposal, by itself, takes away the Corruption's accessory. My proposal, by itself, gives the Crimson another. Neither balances the item categories 1:1. With your proposal, the Corruption needs an accessory, and the Crimson needs a utility. With my proposal, the exact same needs are present.
This issue has since been resolved, even if it's still not quite ideal (Mana Bracing needs to do something different because it's still blatantly favoring Corruption worlds for casters).
This is where my entire paragraph about what playstyle the game panders to comes in to play. You either pander to the completionists, or the folks who take each playthrough as is and enjoy a different ride each time. The decision is subjective and both have their merits and downfalls. Neither is "better".
Or you can kill three birds with one stone and also pander to the people who want to shoot for a specific build without forcing them to generate a bunch of worlds, which, by the way, is what SzGamer is doing.
This is where you make the assumption that if your suggestion is added, all of your other relevant suggestions also get added. You deconstructed and attacked my idea point by point when I had only one suggestion, this one, to offer so far. I now have an additional suggestion that has synergy with this one to make the Crimson more unique.
Your point is? That doesn't shield you from criticism, that actually gives us more reason to throw it at you. As well, synergy or no, your proposition does not equally suit all magic users, as guess what happens when you run out of mana without Magic Cuffs or a Celestial Magnet. Let me give you a hint- it drops your health like a rock and kills you. While the Magic Cuffs do encourage you to get hit, proper usage of them results in it not really being a big deal thanks to the fact that the mana restored is equal to something like half the damage you take prior to defense calculation, which in Hardmode, where it matters the most, can be pretty high- but it doesn't mean you yourself actually take a whole lot of damage. Also, Magic Cuffs account for invincibility, whereas your Occult Thorn doesn't, making it even worse.

Your proposition for buffing the band of regen is perfectly fine and in fact desperately needed, however the rest of your proposition and your Occult Thorn proposition are just not favorable for anyone because they screw over people aiming for specific builds and can completely destroy you before you even realize it. A health drain separate from your main damage is not a good thing, as that gets you killed quicker.

Back
Top Bottom