tAPI [WIP][Released]Terramineral - All about world generation

It seems to be apparent that I can't program very well lol

The maze doesn't spawn underneath the spawn, though it is possible to, so I'll make sure that it spawns at least 200 or 300 blocks away (I had it near the middle so that it didn't interfere with the dungeon).
The Peace moon essentially checks for the time, disables all other moons and changes the spawnlist, that is it. The problem is that if you use another mod that changes the spawnlist, then one overrides the other. In this case, it would be impossible to do anything about that.
I have noticed that the maze crawlers spawn everywhere, which is EXTREMELY weird, because they're only supposed to spawn if the maze is nearby or you are in the maze, with the line of code implicitly reading: if there are more than 400 maze tiles nearby and the wall at the player's position is a maze wall then spawn Maze Crawlers. Not sure why they don't work.
I don't really think I can control the positions of where the maze and citadel spawn, so if they override each other, there isn't much I can do. However, I can make it so that they spawn on different sides of the world maybe?
Will make the weapons and tools a bit better, my idea was for them to be roughly similar to the normal ores, but you make a point that they should be stronger. Will implement that when this mod reaches the top of my priority list.

Sorry for the terrible formatting of this post, I'm in a rush as I've got stuff to do. Thanks for the suggestions, I did read them, but don't have time to answer them. Thanks!

oh i also have an idea for the maze: Miniboss rooms. the entrances to miniboss rooms are protected by a locked door which can only be opened by a Maze Key, found hanging from the ceiling in dead ends. On the other side of the miniboss room there's another door which can only be opened by a Miniboss key, dropped by the miniboss. Miniboss rooms would have special walls in them that trigger the miniboss spawning in the center of the room. Obviously the room would be quite large (20 blocks tall and 25 blocks wide, i don't want to make it too big else it would make mazes too big. to counter this minibosses can't be very large)
After you defeat the miniboss, as i said earlier, it drops a Miniboss Key. you can use it to open the back door of the room and reach the small room on the orhet side. That room would contain a chest full of treasure. (First item would always be a Big Key, the rest is just weapons, normal treasure, etc)
There would be 5 miniboss rooms per maze. After defeating all of the minibosses and collected all their treasures, you'll have 5 Big Keys, so now you can open all the 5 doors that guard the entrance to the room where the final boss of the maze lives. Again, special walls to trigger spawning. The final boss room would be around 45 blocks tall and 50 blocks wide. After defeating the boss, it drops two Final Keys. one to open the Final Chest, which is full of really good weapons and armor, and loads of coins and ores too. The second one is to open the back door of the maze, so you can exit the maze quickly without having to go back through it and through the front door. Oh and via the back door you can also re-enter the boss room if you wanna re-fight the boss for some reason.
Love this idea!

Would be it be possible to provide us with an option to turn the peace moon off?
I've been playing using your and several other mods for a while now and the peace moon is so common that it has become a nuisance.
I like the idea but when it's so common to the point where it can ruin your nighttime plans several nights in a row, it becomes unbearable.

Would be it be possible to provide us with an option to turn the peace moon off?
I've been playing using your and several other mods for a while now and the peace moon is so common that it has become a nuisance.
I like the idea but when it's so common to the point where it can ruin your nighttime plans several nights in a row, it becomes unbearable.
Save the game and exit. Reload. Viola. Peace Moon disappears.

I have done that but with the amount of mods I'm using a restart can take several minutes.
A mod option to turn it off would save so much time.
That too but the number of mods you have should not affect soft-booting your world. You don't have to restart the entire game and reload mods you know.

That too but the number of mods you have should not affect soft-booting your world. You don't have to restart the entire game and reload mods you know.

I've had problems with getting error messages a lot in the past when soft-booting and it fixes itself when I relaunch it.
That was in the past however and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore (I just tried it). Thanks for the help! (An option would still be nice though). :happy:

I've had problems with getting error messages a lot in the past when soft-booting and it fixes itself when I relaunch it.
That was in the past however and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore (I just tried it). Thanks for the help! (An option would still be nice though). :happy:

I thought I had made the option for that... huh... sorry about that. Since it is a problem I'll update the mod really quickly now. The new download can be downloaded from this post, not the OP. Will update that later.

NOTE: This also reduces the chance of a Peace Moon happening, and the option starts on default. If it doesn't work, let me know :)

Attachments

• Terramineral.tapi
    364 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I thought I had made the option for that... huh... sorry about that. Since it is a problem I'll update the mod really quickly now. The new download can be downloaded from this post, not the OP. Will update that later.

NOTE: This also reduces the chance of a Peace Moon happening, and the option starts on default. If it doesn't work, let me know :)

Thank you for the quick respons! The option defaulted to false, did you intend for that to be the case?
I haven't had the time to try it in-game yet, I will update my post if I encounter any problems.

Maybe a wizard tower structure could spawn on the surface.

Here are some ideas for the structure.
  • 1 would spawn on a small world. 1-2 on a medium world. 2 on a large world
  • The structure would contain various loots and enemies on the way up.
  • The height of the tower would be relative to the size of your world. ~300 blocks high on small, ~450 blocks high on medium, and ~600 blocks high on large.
  • If the tower reaches the skylimit, it will spawn basement levels that go underground to allow the structure to fit in the world.
  • The larger your world, the more chests the tower will contain.
  • All of chests inside of the tower would be golden chests. There's a 1/3 chance that a chest will have cavern loot instead of underground loot.
  • You would not be able to explore the tower and access any of the chests until you defeat the Eye of Cthulu. Upon defeating the Eye of Cthulu, a key would drop from him. Inside the tower would be an unlocking mechanism. When the key is used on the unlocking mechanism, all of the doors inside of the tower would be unlocked allowing you to explore the tower and loot all of the chests.
  • All of the enemies inside of the tower would be dungeon mobs excluding the dungeon slime which would not spawn.
  • Golden keys would not be obtainable from the wizard tower.
  • The wizard tower would branch off in different directions as you get higher in the tower.
  • The keys would be consumed upon use requiring you to get another one if you want to loot another wizard tower.
  • The tower cannot be mined into until it's unlocked.
Probably a bit too complicated but the idea just popped into my head so I thought I'd mention it.

I was contemplating on whether the key should drop from the Eye of Cthulu or the Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulu but I thought that the loot might be a bit too weak for that point in the game so I went with the former.

Oh man this has come along a bit since I last checked! I like the maze :) U should try and continue!

Back
Top Bottom