Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Torment - A world of death!

I think, firstly, the biggest compliment I can offer for the entire concept is that I really like how it all looks. The colors are positively lurid, giving some vibrancy to otherwise to a very, very dead environment. Euthanasia is such a cash design, I want one in game~!

The enemies are fairly gruesome with their 'wasting-away yet never dying' aesthetic and I'm glad you tried to invent several unique abilities for them, such as Tormentors behaving like parasites, that's unusual!

I also really enjoy that you did decide to use the aesthetics of torture devices. The Wheel, for example, is a very simple idea but it's so perfect thematically.

Now I am noticing some redundancies. Horrite Armor is Shroomite lite, right? But is it a ranger set or neutral / classless like Crimson? I think something mobility (phase shift?) or electricity based would be more apt.

Necrim is pretty rad. However, I feel like Skeletron and Necrim parallel a little too close. Necrim's ability and AI action table eclipse the boss that's supposed to be stronger and generally (since progression is so loose) after you go through a tormented Graveyard.

Now is Termination a melee or magic weapon? If it's melee then I think it has a bit too much in common with the Death Sickle, even though the projectiles are homing. If it's magic, then that's fine. I would like to see more use of Lightning though. Perhaps a single-summon weapon drop like the Frost Hydra? ...The Electrocutioner :naughty:

Necrim is pretty rad. However, I feel like Skeletron and Necrim parallel a little too close. Necrim's ability and AI action table eclipse the boss that's supposed to be stronger and generally (since progression is so loose) after you go through a tormented Graveyard.
This isnt a new problem. Just look at his attacks: Waving his arms around and occasionally spinning. Pretty boring, right? He could really use a revamp.

Last edited:
I think, firstly, the biggest compliment I can offer for the entire concept is that I really like how it all looks. The colors are positively lurid, giving some vibrancy to otherwise to a very, very dead environment. Euthanasia is such a cash design, I want one in game~!

The enemies are fairly gruesome with their 'wasting-away yet never dying' aesthetic and I'm glad you tried to invent several unique abilities for them, such as Tormentors behaving like parasites, that's unusual!

I also really enjoy that you did decide to use the aesthetics of torture devices. The Wheel, for example, is a very simple idea but it's so perfect thematically.

Now I am noticing some redundancies. Horrite Armor is Shroomite lite, right? But is it a ranger set or neutral / classless like Crimson? I think something mobility (phase shift?) or electricity based would be more apt.

Now is Termination a melee or magic weapon? If it's melee then I think it has a bit too much in common with the Death Sickle, even though the projectiles are homing. If it's magic, then that's fine. I would like to see more use of Lightning though. Perhaps a single-summon weapon drop like the Frost Hydra? ...The Electrocutioner :naughty:
Horrite armor has gotten a really cool (IMO) new and interesting set bonus! Hope its better! BTW Termination is changed too!

You could make them ghastly wings (close enough right?).

Love this idea! And support it.

What about a bow? crimson and corruption have bows shouldn't the torment have one? Though there are special arrows what if the bow always shot them? (turns any suitable ammo into tainted arrows).

Looking pretty dank amazing. Could use some tweak here and there, such as the biome structure and names. I got nothing better tho. Overall, it's nice.

Duuuuuuuuuuude somebody plz make a mod for this guys suggestions.
I would make one myself but...
I won't.

Haha, I can see hidden references! (I'm a metalhead)
- the Iron Maiden - (Iron Maiden is a heavy metal band)
- Black Ice - (Black Ice - Ac/Dc)

I don't know if it was meant to be like this, but I see it.

Suggestion! : change the ridable deathstriders name to "despair" it fits the theme also its a referance to one of the four horsemen. (despair is the horse death rides) and when i say horsemen i mean darksiders horsemen not Bible apocalypse horsemen.

Pretty cool idea. I would love to see this added. This goes for almost every alternate biome suggestions, though.

Back
Top Bottom