Console The various glitches of Console Terraria

xxterminatorxx5

Terrarian
*STICKY REQUESTED*

LETS FIX THIS!!!

latest.png

I'm sick of this game's problems and I have decided it is time to do something about it. I'm doing my part by trying to make Console Terraria a better experience for everyone.

Here is a collection of all the bugs I could think of for Terraria on consoles. I'm hoping 505 Games and Engine software use this thread as a reference point and hopefully clean this wonderful game of irritating glitches.
Some of these bugs may not apply to all platforms.

Report any bugs you find here:
http://support.505games.com/

*I WILL UPDATE THIS THREAD WHEN I FIND MORE*

kdcROYP.png

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

• Upsidedown slopes are glitched, if the host saves and rejoins and looks at the slopes again, there is a strange line separating the block from everything else. (All)
  • Building on the far left edge of the map near the cavern/stone level will cause freezing for the host and possibly other players. When I mean far left edge, I mean as far as you can go until you hit the edge of the screen then straight down. (PS3)
  • Having too much furniture in close proximity will cause a giant invisible square to take the area's place. It can only be seen by other players in the lobby. Removing additional furniture can sometimes fix it. (All)
*You can go here to read more about the bug:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/20x20-square-of-friends-world-never-loads-correctly.6558
  • Sometimes, the host may accidentally "phase" through walls when running fast. Confirmed on PS4 and PS3. This is likely due to lag and the way to fix it is to restart the system.
  • Torches do not appear for other players the same as the host sees them. Players will always see the torch attached to the wall although the host designed it to be attached to the block. (All)
*I'll post more information about this later.
  • Sometimes, during a Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon, the game lies and lists a wave being repeated twice. (All)

kdcROYP.png

ITEMS AND WEAPONS

• The Pulse Bow's fire rate is slow and the arrows are affected by gravity when they shouldn't be. The projectiles themselves also appear to move at a slower velocity compared to it's PC counterpart. (All)
  • Robes on mannequins are glitched. The bottem of the sprite is cut off. Noticed in all of the Robes crafted with gems, and ones collected from the Rune Wizard and Tim. (All)
  • Christmas trees cannot be painted. (All)
  • Bloodroot has an extremely low spawn rate. It's so low, it is nearly impossible to find any. (All)
  • Upsidedown slopes have a glitchy sprite. (PATCHED AS OF UPDATE 12/15/15)
  • As of update 12/15/15, glass wall is glitched when placed. (All)
kdcROYP.png

MISC

• Sometimes, pressing select while in your world or someone else's world will cause the game to black out and send you back to the XMB menu. (PS3)
*This may also happen when Saving and Exiting from your world.
  • Saving in other people's worlds with autosave off will cause the game to save infinitely and eventually lead to a freeze, and will cause you to restart the console. (PS3)
  • When hosting a world, pressing select then square (PS3 buttons)upon world launch to invite a player will cause the game to freeze and force a restart. (PS3)
*To replicate the glitch, launch a multiplayer world. Immediately after you gain control of your character, hit select (map) then square (send invite) and the game will freeze.
  • In some cases, on the map, other players will see the host's buildings made out of dirt although it's not. If you "discover" the area that looks like dirt and look on the map, it fixes the problem. (Confirmed on PS3 but not confirmed on PS4)
  • Sometimes, joining a multiplayer world will have a mic issue where you can't hear anyone and they can't hear you. Rejoining will usually fix the bug. In rare cases, you have to keep rejoining. (PS3)
*This tends to only happen if it is the first multiplayer world you enter upon game launch, after that it stops until the console has been restarted. Sometimes, the bug simply doesn't occur.
  • You cannot invite people when cross playing accross different consoles,(like PS4 trying to play with PS3) as they will not recieve the invite. The only way they can join is if the world is open. (All)
*Additionally, they cannot be heard over the mic.
  • Leaderboards are frozen for certain people, and those people cannot advance any farther. We have a reason to believe it may have something to do with the hackers who hex edited themselves to the top and it somehow effected other players. (All)
  • Rarely, selecting a character will crash the game. (PS3)

Last edited:
Reserved in case I need this : p

SCREENSHOTS:

kdcROYP.png

index.jpeg

index-1.jpeg

Another player's perspective of a giant invisible square hole in the host's house due to too much furniture close together.
The second screenshot shows both the perspective of the host (left) and the other players (right).

kdcROYP.png

11254016_832063326848584_1182614239_o.jpeg

11426554_832063290181921_2014159918_o.jpeg

An example of a world that looks like it is mostly made out of dirt on the map in the perspective of other players. It also appears to have other strange effects as seen in the second photo.

kdcROYP.png

DICTIONARY:

I know, this seems a bit unnecessary, but just so we are on all the same page...

Crash - Known as the "black screen of death," this will cause the game to suddenly go black, then kick the player back to the XMB menu.

Freeze - This may happen when the game lags, or any other type of stability issue in the server. The game will get stuck in a "frozen" state and the music will keep playing. You cannot do anything, including opening the XMB menu. A system restart is required.

Last edited:
I found an odd music bug on PS4, though I've only encountered it once.
I was at the lihzahrd temple, gettin' me some sweet lihzahrd brick when the music abruptly cut out.
Pointing my cursor upward and breaking a block fixed it, but breaking another block caused it to cut out again.
Simply saving and exiting fixed the issue.

I found an odd music bug on PS4, though I've only encountered it once.
I was at the lihzahrd temple, gettin' me some sweet lihzahrd brick when the music abruptly cut out.
Pointing my cursor upward and breaking a block fixed it, but breaking another block caused it to cut out again.
Simply saving and exiting fixed the issue.

The music also abruptly cuts out on PS3. It's happened to me maybe a dozen or so times. I usually just go about my business and it eventually starts up again.

-After I hit start and go to select storage device, it freezes after I select my hard drive. Maybe 1/30 times I play.
-also the rune wall paper turns grey I'm some spots sometimes.

Just the couple I thought of

On the PS4 version, after long periods of time using the PS4, sometimes you'll phase through certain blocks.
They'll lack a hitbox, and can be walked into without consequence.
Saving and Exiting, then restarting the PS4 fixes this issue.
Likely just caused from being on for so long, this typically happens after 4-5 hours with the system turned on.

Bloodroot. Oh my god, Bloodroot. I don't even know if it's an actual bug, but even if it isn't it needs to be fixed. This may not seem like a high priority to most people, but for someone that's done literally EVERYTHING ELSE in the game (including finding the enchanted sword... twice), It's pretty damn important. IT"S DRIVING ME EFF'N NUTS. I JUST WANT MY RAINBOWS ;(

On the PS4 version, after long periods of time using the PS4, sometimes you'll phase through certain blocks.
They'll lack a hitbox, and can be walked into without consequence.
Saving and Exiting, then restarting the PS4 fixes this issue.
Likely just caused from being on for so long, this typically happens after 4-5 hours with the system turned on.

I already have that one listed. Although, you provided info I didn't have before, so I'll update it with what you just posted.

Bloodroot. Oh my god, Bloodroot. I don't even know if it's an actual bug, but even if it isn't it needs to be fixed. This may not seem like a high priority to most people, but for someone that's done literally EVERYTHING ELSE in the game (including finding the enchanted sword... twice), It's pretty damn important. IT"S DRIVING ME EFF'N NUTS. I JUST WANT MY RAINBOWS ;(

Added. Forgot about that one.

What's bloodroot? JK I've never come across it and I have 99% of everything...but no bloodroot.
I have The Axe, Rod of Discord, Nymph and Enchanted sword banners (not to mention two of the actual enchanted sword), every pet, every event item, and HALP MEH I"M GOING INSANE FROM RAINBOW WITDRAWL :confused:

Edit: See? Just look at my profile pic. Insane. Just imagine him frowning, though...

I may not have as much accomplished as you, but I know what you mean. I did find 2 Orange Bloodroots so far (1st one by accident, I didn't notice it was there until I broke the block it was on to get a Teal Mushroom)...and I have a few theories on how they currently spawn for consoles:

- They may only spawn on world generation and not spawn naturally after that, but I'll have to test this more. Do Green Mushrooms and Teal Mushrooms spawn naturally? I've obtained all of them in my main world and haven't seen anymore spawn after that (based on my map - they look like a bright white dot, like all other dye items, and it's easier to find using a PS Vita). But perhaps they're generally just a pretty low chance to spawn, although I'm going with none of those 3 dyes respawns.

- They might mostly appear under the surface in the underground layer, but before the cavern layer (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Underground), but perhaps that's because there's more dirt in the underground layer.

- Some might only spawn [in world gen?] under a Dirt Block with a Green Mushroom or Teal Mushroom on top. I found many Teal and Green Mushrooms in the cavern layer, but none had bloodroots under them. I can't recall how many mushrooms was found in the underground layer though...but I can say that not all of them will have a bloodroot under them, at least not if they're on a stone block.

- It's possible some might only spawn with a dirt block on the side of it, but that could just be a coincidence.

- Both Bloodroots I've found was in the underground layer and had a Green/Teal Mushroom on top of it (2nd bloodroot found: http://i.imgur.com/qGY8Ieh.jpg) - 1st one was in a large world in the center and was in a place I've been many times, but I somehow never saw it. The 2nd one was found today also in a large world that was created recently enough on the left side of the world.

- Arkonauts in this video also found a Bloodroot with a Green Mushroom on top of it and dirt on the side (check 21:13):

- Hundjäger18 found 3 with a dirt block on the side of each, but no mushroom on top (as far as I know), and the last one appears to be in the cavern: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bloodroot-d.3598/page-2

I made a Bloodroot farm, but I've yet to see any spawn. I've previously added a few Teal/Green Mushrooms in it to see if any bloodroots would spawn under it, but that was unsuccessful. Now that I have more mushrooms, I've placed some more and we'll see what happens~ ...and I haven't had any success with this either.

I've also reported it to 505games yesterday.

Last edited:
I may not have as much accomplished as you, but I know what you mean. I did find 2 Orange Bloodroots so far (1st one by accident, I didn't notice it was there until I broke the block it was on to get a Teal Mushroom)...and I have a few theories on how they currently spawn for consoles:

- They may only spawn on world generation and not spawn naturally after that, but I'll have to test this more. Do Green Mushrooms and Teal Mushrooms spawn naturally? I've obtained all of them in my main world and haven't seen anymore spawn after that (based on my map - they look like a bright white dot, like all other dye items, and it's easier to find using a PS Vita).
- They might mostly appear under the surface in the underground layer, but before the cavern layer (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Underground), but perhaps that's because there's more dirt in the underground layer.
- Some might only spawn [in world gen?] under a Dirt Block with a Green Mushroom or Teal Mushroom on top.
- It's possible some might only spawn with a dirt block on the side of it, but that could just be a coincidence.
- Both Bloodroots I've found was in the underground layer and had a Green/Teal Mushroom on top of it (2nd bloodroot found: http://i.imgur.com/qGY8Ieh.jpg) - 1st one was in a large world in the center and was in a place I've been many times, but I somehow never saw it. The 2nd one was found today also in a large world that was created recently enough on the left side of the world.
- Arkonauts in this video also found a Bloodroot with a Green Mushroom on top of it (check 21:13):
- Hundjäger18 found 3 with a dirt block on the side of each, but no mushroom on top (as far as I know), and the last one appears to be in the cavern: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/bloodroot-d.3598/page-2

I made a Bloodroot farm, but I've yet to see any spawn.

...But perhaps they're just a pretty low chance to spawn. I've also reported it to 505games yesterday.

I'll have to test these, but, now that you mention it, I don't think I've found any green or teal mushrooms in my main world for a long time... Maybe they're all bugged, but bloodroot is just harder to find naturally, so it's near non-existent while bugged. :confused:

@Aurora now that i think about it, maybe the last one on the cavern layer did have a mushroom on top of it...im in the middle of tons of stuff to do, but if i find some time i could try placing the ones that i already have on dirt blocks, see what happens.

Hey guys. I haven't exactly tested this theory enough (perhaps I am just the unluckiest person alive) but I think that armor polish drop is broken. I've noticed this first after, and I kid you not, getting almost every piece to the ankh charm at least four times, in all my farming grounds, and I have had absolutely no luck in getting one to drop. Maybe lady luck is giving me the double EFF you or maybe I'm right. Still could use some testing, o javnt farmed the HMD nor have I tried on a new world or friends world. But it doesn seem odd that i have gone through DAYS of mercilessly killing armored skeletons to no avail with a 1% drop, when everything else that drops for 1% is dropped more than my jaw after recounting how many hours I've wasted to get the amor polish. I will leave this up for debate and further testing.

Hey guys. I haven't exactly tested this theory enough (perhaps I am just the unluckiest person alive) but I think that armor polish drop is broken. I've noticed this first after, and I kid you not, getting almost every piece to the ankh charm at least four times, in all my farming grounds, and I have had absolutely no luck in getting one to drop. Maybe lady luck is giving me the double EFF you or maybe I'm right. Still could use some testing, o javnt farmed the HMD nor have I tried on a new world or friends world. But it doesn seem odd that i have gone through DAYS of mercilessly killing armored skeletons to no avail with a 1% drop, when everything else that drops for 1% is dropped more than my jaw after recounting how many hours I've wasted to get the amor polish. I will leave this up for debate and further testing.

It's definitely not bugged. I started a new character a little bit ago, got to the HM dungeon, and there were armor polish drops left and right. Lady Luck just doesn't like you, I guess :indifferent:

I've actually found plenty of those while trying to farm for Paladin's Hammer/Wisp in a Bottle. Not sure if it's 1% drop but it feels like normal to me.

Honestly I'm quite certain it's just luck. At one point out another I've had nearly every Ankh ingredient be elusive while getting half a dozen of all the rest.

Back
Top Bottom