PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the log, but I really hope that Summoning gets fleshed out to be more equal to the typical "range" or "melee" class, with a "master wand" or something to fully control the minions instead of letting them run amok and not hit what you want. :X

Even though I never built one myself, I did see some built on servers, and I can say that I'm worried about it too.
Woo Not the only one, I was freaked out the first time I saw it but it is fun and useful

Teleporter works good too ^^

I guess, but I use to many of them as is... I have 4 Teleports in my main house. One to get in, One to head to trophy room. Another to Change to the correct room. And the last to have to the has yet to be connected to anything.

And I'm also worried that the Expert worlds may be a bit too difficult.

No way. This could be a valid concern IF expert mode was the only mode available, but it will not be. More games need to seperate themselves from the casual player base and TRULY cater to everyone. Terraria is a game for all ages, but there is a large player base out there who knows what I mean when I say, sometimes, Terraria just isn't difficult enough.

Don't get me wrong, I've got well over 400 hours invested into this game and haven't been this hyped (let alone an update) since Skyrim came out (I've played Terraria for more hours), but Terraria needs an edge at this point in its life. Not that exploring all the new content/biomes/bosses/items won't be a blast, but realistically, it would still be the "same" along the way. A few new tactics, maybe some different armor or weapons, but ultimately it would be a familiar style of play. I need a reason to setup elaborate arenas with traps and wire that will help me to destroy a boss to avert death instead of just flying around shooting the Tsunami a couple dozen times (and this is coming from someone who hates setting up a platform/arena to fight bosses). My friends all do it and it drives me bonkers.

I'll even admit, I may eat my words. Expert mode may end up being really f'n difficult, but you know what? This is hands down one of the best games ever made and I wouldn't EVEN consider quitting because I couldn't take down Wall of Flesh in Expert mode. Or a Unicorn just curb stomped me at the door to my house. It will force new changes, new tactics, new strategies, make me think twice about the equipment I am using and what accessories will be necessary to fight the next boss because the AI has changed so much. This is what I hope Expert mode is.

Onward to another 400 hours!

Last edited:
I like the log, but I really hope that Summoning gets fleshed out to be more equal to the typical "range" or "melee" class, with a "master wand" or something to fully control the minions instead of letting them run amok and not hit what you want. :X

I think it said something about the AI of the summon minions being improved/revamped?

1.3 comes only adds a fish thats called trolololollolololooolooo *ill be like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU***************************************************************************************************************************************************** YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No way. This could be a valid concern IF expert mode was the only mode available, but it will not be. More games need to seperate themselves from the casual player base and TRULY cater to everyone. Terraria is a game for all ages, but there is a large player base out there who knows what I mean when I say, sometimes, Terraria just isn't difficult enough.

Don't get me wrong, I've got well over 400 hours invested into this game and haven't been this hyped (let alone an update) since Skyrim came out (I've played Terraria for more hours), but Terraria needs an edge at this point in its life. Not that exploring all the new content/biomes/bosses/items, etc wouldn't be a blast, but realistically, it would still be the "same" along the way. A few new tactics, maybe some different armor or weapons, but ultimately it would be a familiar style of play. I need a reason to setup elaborate arenas with traps and wire that will help me to destroy a boss to avert death instead of just flying around shooting the Tsunami a couple dozen times (and this is coming from someone who hates setting up a platform/arena to fight bosses). My friends all do it and it drives me bonkers.

I'll even admit, I may eat my words. Expert mode may end up being really f'n difficult, but you know what? This is hands down one of the best games ever made and I wouldn't EVEN consider quitting because I couldn't take down Wall of Flesh in Expert mode. Or a Unicorn just curb stomped me at the door to my house. It will force new changes, new tactics, new strategies, make me think twice about the equipment I am using and what accessories will be necessary to fight the next boss because the AI has changed so much. This is what I hope Expert mode is.

I have at least 2x the number of hours it says on my Steam, cause about half the time I don't use the File connected to steam to play Terraria. I got it all, and I know what ya mean when you say its the same in the end.

I am more of a collector than a person who likes a challenge, but they added items that can only be gotten from that hellish challenge. SO I am gonna have to suck it up and do my best. I have never once raged at this game, I have toward my friends (who were playing at the time) but that's a different story.

I am up for the challenge, I decided (after a long time away from the game) to fight Fishron (technically the hardest boss) and I noticed it was so easy to beat him. I am READY!!

I have at least 2x the number of hours it says on my Steam, cause about half the time I don't use the File connected to steam to play Terraria. I got it all, and I know what ya mean when you say its the same in the end.

I am more of a collector than a person who likes a challenge, but they added items that can only be gotten from that hellish challenge. SO I am gonna have to suck it up and do my best. I have never once raged at this game, I have toward my friends (who were playing at the time) but that's a different story.

I am up for the challenge, I decided to fight Fishron (technically the hardest boss) and I noticed it was so easy to beat him. I am READY!!

Good luck, Fishron is harder even on normal mode in 1.3

Don't get me wrong, I've got well over 400 hours invested into this game and haven't been this hyped (let alone an update) since Skyrim came out (I've played Terraria for more hours), but Terraria needs an edge at this point in its life. Not that exploring all the new content/biomes/bosses/items won't be a blast, but realistically, it would still be the "same" along the way. A few new tactics, maybe some different armor or weapons, but ultimately it would be a familiar style of play. I need a reason to setup elaborate arenas with traps and wire that will help me to destroy a boss to avert death instead of just flying around shooting the Tsunami a couple dozen times (and this is coming from someone who hates setting up a platform/arena to fight bosses). My friends all do it and it drives me bonkers.

716 hours beat THAT

There are a couple of changes that I feel will make certain aspects of the game a bit too easy, but then there's expertmode to solve that problem. Lot's of exciting stuff though and I am still very much on the hype train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom