Official Twas the Day Before Terraria 1.3....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The streamers that were chosen are those with strong ties to the community that the devs have interacted with before. It was not a choice based on size or how much they play Terraria.

Well they would have seen, if they decided to stop by, that a couple of us "lowly trying to make it in the streamer world" small guys are pretty good with our viewers and have a good grouping going. TheVideoGameBadger, RiffRaffGames, and myself Tohclan have all been working hard and getting a good viewer base going.

Well they would have seen, if they decided to stop by, that a couple of us "lowly trying to make it in the streamer world" small guys are pretty good with our viewers and have a good grouping going. TheVideoGameBadger, RiffRaffGames, and myself Tohclan have all been working hard and getting a good viewer base going.
Well...
Would they have any way of knowing other than going directly to your profile?
The reason they are all popular is those are the ones you hear about and find easily.

Well...
Would they have any way of knowing other than going directly to your profile?
The reason they are all popular is those are the ones you hear about and find easily.

There has been at max 10 terraria streamers at any time lately (until this week). It is VERY easy to find us. TheVideoGameBadger even has a reddit page, we all have steam groups and twitters. I auto tweet to twitter and get auto-tweeted by that terraria bot.

In other words, if you actually opened your eyes, yes you can see us easily.

I think the only thing we don't do is advetising ourselves recklessly over other people or in other's streams

There has been at max 10 terraria streamers at any time lately. It is VERY easy to find us. TheVideoGameBadger even has a reddit page, we all have steam groups and twitters. I auto tweet to twitter and get auto-tweeted by that terraria bot.

They hunt around on here...
Steam, Reddit and Twitter are not the best known Terraria hangouts. Try showing up around here.

There has been at max 10 terraria streamers at any time lately (until this week). It is VERY easy to find us. TheVideoGameBadger even has a reddit page, we all have steam groups and twitters. I auto tweet to twitter and get auto-tweeted by that terraria bot.

I think the only thing we don't do is advetising ourselves recklessly over other people or in other's streams
To paraphrase Loki, it is a matter of security and trust. The people that were chosen are people the devs have a good working relationship with and that can be trusted not to leak anything or bypass any content limits. It is not a personal insult to you if you were not chosen.

There has been at max 10 terraria streamers at any time lately. It is VERY easy to find us. TheVideoGameBadger even has a reddit page, we all have steam groups and twitters. I auto tweet to twitter and get auto-tweeted by that terraria bot.

If you yourselves haven't pushed yourselves out there and really tried to talk to the developers, you can just calm down. Apart from them you know, being fairly busy, those guys got mostly lucky and the developers have decided to stick with them. It seems like you're mounting a smear campaign against Re-Logic because you feel left out.

I see no issue with a couple known people getting access to an upcoming update a DAY earlier to showcase it. They're a part of the community that try to go a step further and I feel like they should be rewarded for it, while being able to show content to those who follow them.

If you yourselves haven't pushed yourselves out there and really tried to talk to the developers, you can just calm down. Apart from them you know, being fairly busy, those guys got mostly lucky and the developers have decided to stick with them. It seems like you're mounting a smear campaign against Re-Logic because you feel left out.

I'm doing no such thing, the original is just me saying its sad that they would only choose people who are partnered and/or have huge viewer bases. People ended up changing the topic by replying and attacking what I've said.

Aside from the stereotypical choices for early access to big time streamers like many companies do, Re-Logic is probably my favorite company for the generosity to their community with these large patches/expansions.

I'm doing no such thing, the original is just me saying its sad that they would only choose people who are partnered and/or have huge viewer bases. People ended up changing the topic by replying and attacking what I've said.

Aside from the stereotypical choices for early access to big time streamers like many companies do, Re-Logic is probably my favorite company for the generosity to their community with these large patches/expansions.
Yet your don't realize that these big people have had the developers in their chats, just talking it out and the such. Go ahead and be sad, doesn't change the fact that these people deserve what this because they already formed bonds with Re-Logic.

Yet your don't realize that these big people have had the developers in their chats, just talking it out and the such. Go ahead and be sad, does't change that these people deserve what this because they already formed bonds with Re-Logic.

I'm not saying they don't deserve it. They obviously had great luck on their side getting the "real" devs in there chatting. I've had plenty of fakes join mine.

I honestly don't even know why you're arguing, in fact I have no reason to continue with you, you sound like you're just attacking for no reason now. You're just picking points in my post you don't like without reading the entirety.

So excited for launch. Sad you guys only chose the big guys with tons of viewers to give them access, and a couple of them don't even full time play Terraria. Us hard working small time Terraria streamers get no coverage.
First, you say that the only reason they even get to do this is because they're big, then you go on to say that some of them don't play it full time as if that makes them any less worthy than yourself and smaller time Terraria streamers. Yes, small time Terraria streamers work hard and you get no coverage, that sucks and all, but you guys have not created bonds with the developers at all nor have you, and I mean you precisely for this because I cannot speak of the other streamers, been on the forums at all other than as a member. Good luck becoming part of the community as a whole when you don't try.

First, you say that the only reason they even get to do this is because they're big, then you go on to say that some of them don't play it full time as if that makes them any less worthy than yourself and smaller time Terraria streamers. Yes, small time Terraria streamers work hard and you get no coverage, that sucks and all, but you guys have not created bonds with the developers at all nor have you, and I mean you precisely for this because I cannot speak of the other streamers, been on the forums at all other than as a member. Good luck becoming part of the community as a whole when you don't try.

Okay you two, cut it out. This is leading into a pointless argument/debate at this point.

Okay you two, cut it out. This is leading into a pointless argument/debate at this point.

I just said that in my post above, I have already moved on and am not replying to him anymore, it is pointless and all he's trying to do is start something. Looks like all he's here for is starting fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom