Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molotovs are still here :happy:

Really great update! So far I have not seen any major bugs but I did get the "get a life" achievement and "Star power" for not doing anything. All I literally did was spawn into my world. All other achievements seem to be working fine.

Also, yoyos are cool.

Many things on this update are really nice. BUT I have some things, that I hate in the new version and let me want to downgrade again.
- You can't replace the Wave Bank.xwb file for custom music (that was a really nice thing) anymore,
if you do, the music sets it to 0% in options all the time and donesn't change

- Drop 75% of Money instead 50% and I think, that is really sad
- Be longer dead, if you died in a boss battle makes the game more difficulty than before
- Enemies can steal your money and run away, so you have only a small chance, to get it back
So, all that points, are really important for me and take my pleasure for the new update.
If you will fix this in 1.3.1.0 (or whatever update version) I will play the update.
But at the moment, these things cover up the good things from the update.

So, now some good points, so that I don't come only with negative things.
- It's really cool to see, how much money you lose on dead
- The death point is REALLY nice and helpful
- The new Sprites, Animations and Arts are beautiful
- I am enjoying, that NPCs are now not so weak

So, that is a feedback, from myself. I hope you take my bad things to your heard and fix it in a new update.
That was all.
Greetings ManuelMihay

EDIT: I fix the wave bank problem, so it's only the other 3 problems. The wave bank problem was, they are addet 6 new track called "unknown" so the wavebank with 33 track instead 39 track crashed.

Actually, there's a simple fix for the three problems you still have: Don't play in Expert Mode. All of those issues are specific to it, and are intended to make the game harder for those who enjoy a more difficult game. If you're like me and don't like having monsters rob you after they've beaten you to a pulp, don't choose Expert at World Creation.

I must say that it is pretty awkward to get killed by 50 health green slimes... But it's fun!
As far as I see the game got vastly improved. And yo-yos, I love their mechanics!

Steam integration doesn't work when i invite a friend or a friend invites me i accept the invite but it doesn't join the game ,it just oppens a steam windows with the "server" info

I found a bug when I was screwing around with the Lunar Event.
I found that when I was hitting enemies from the Lunar Event with a Horsemans Blade, the pumpkins that normally spawn were not spawning at all. Im not sure if this is intentional, if im just blind, or what, but it would be nice if this was resolved.

I found two bugs:
-Changing resolution not always work
-If i have bug (bait) in ammo slot, and i pickup another bug, they dont stack.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Having enemies pick up your gold, in single player mode, and then despawn before you can return, means gold is lost forever. Meaning that you lose considerably more gold than normal. If an enemy has looted gold, it should not be able to despawn.

Also, I am not sure if this is a bug, or something related to expert mode, but at least my Wooden Armor is not getting the set bonus of +1 def.

well my game is charshing itself and my steam after 15min use I can't really do anything against it :(

Anyone else finding that some of these new enemies seem just a bit too powerful and common for the beginning of the game?
Are you playing Expert mode?

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Having enemies pick up your gold, in single player mode, and then despawn before you can return, means gold is lost forever. Meaning that you lose considerably more gold than normal. If an enemy has looted gold, it should not be able to despawn.
This is intentional, it's Expert mode so the penalties for death are more severe. :)
Also, I am not sure if this is a bug, or something related to expert mode, but at least my Wooden Armor is not getting the set bonus of +1 def.
Are you sure? It's showing up for me.

Normal mode feedback:
When someone who's been used to 1.2 goes into 1.3, they'll definitely notice the new mobs, especially the desert will come off as one hell of a challenge. (The difficulty level of that biome DID increase a lot) But tbh, that makes it all the more fun, don't change it back.
The undertaker is still powerful compared to the musket in its current state, don't change either weapon as they both have their positives and negatives.
Slightly increase the cost of the new jungle yoyo, it is too easy to get compared to the other jungle items and is extremely powerful, a quick trip there could easily get you a really strong weapon.

I found a few bugs:
I used my new ice mirror in the crimson, and as soon as I got back home, the standard overworld music and the crimson music started playing through one another, both at a reasonably normal volume.
The Dryad used her ability during a blood moon, and didn't stop using it after the blood moon. She kept re-casting from there on (There were no enemies around, she would only stop when we talked to her, but would soon continue after we stopped talking to her).
[DOUBLEPOST=1435699180,1435699060][/DOUBLEPOST]
EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

You have to realise that the total set of wooden armor gives 2 armor, plus a set bonus of 1 armor, which totals 3. One of the pieces does not give any armor on its own.

I'd like to see Terraria finally use the widely standard metric units instead of the imperial units which only a handful of countries use. Or at least a switch/toggle.

I was playing 1.3 earlier but its seems after the update was made terraria is slower now well for me that is so is there anyway to fix it?

When you hit the "Equipment" Tab in your inventory, it first brings you to your equipment, then armor, can that be opposite?

Holy Crap the bosses are amazing, and after I killed the Moon *cough*Cthulhu*cough* I expected to get meowmere, but NOPE.
I got something even better.
Cant upload photo of it but once you get the Last prism, you will never stop using it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1435700532,1435700418][/DOUBLEPOST]For me it runs perfectly, and if anyone gets a solar eclipse, you will be able to get an OP yoyo cslled the eye of cthulhu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom