Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you playing Expert mode?
I'm playing expert mode, but some of these enemies are still way stronger than anything else I've seen so far. Medusa in particular is a pain because as far as I can tell, there's no way to fight it head on, and I either have to run away or hide if I want to survive. (Also annoying are the new cave bats, which have become this in expert mode)

When you hit the "Equipment" Tab in your inventory, it first brings you to your equipment, then armor, can that be opposite?
If you click the tab that you're on you should be brought back to the armor and accessories 'tab'.

I'm playing expert mode, but some of these enemies are still way stronger than anything else I've seen so far. Medusa in particular is a pain because as far as I can tell, there's no way to fight it head on, and I either have to run away or hide if I want to survive. (Also annoying are the new cave bats, which have become this in expert mode)
The Medusa only shows up in a specific Biome, I suggest you avoid it before you're equipped to fight her. There's also a trick to fighting her but I'll let you figure that out on your own :p
In general, Expert mode is supposed to be hard :)

If you click the tab that you're on you should be brought back to the armor and accessories 'tab'.

The Medusa only shows up in a specific Biome, I suggest you avoid it before you're equipped to fight her. There's also a trick to fighting her but I'll let you figure that out on your own :p
In general, Expert mode is supposed to be hard :)
No, I mean, can armor become BEFORE the hook, mount, and pet stuff?

No, I mean, can armor become BEFORE the hook, mount, and pet stuff?
No. Because that hook and mount stuff IS that tab. If you're on the housing tab, click it again to go back to armor, clicking the equipment tab takes you to the equipment tab so you have to click it again to exit it back to armor.

Hi, I joined this forum becuse I just started playing terraria agine, and fund ut it's bin a uppdate. I really like terraria and all, but now I have a hard time playing it becuse the breath meter is all upp in my face (on top of my head) and I am just wondering if I could move it back to under the map like before or if I just have to live whit this?

I hope it could be some added UI upption or something but I could not find eny in game. Keep upp the good work.

/Tuffs<3

Hi, I joined this forum becuse I just started playing terraria agine, and fund ut it's bin a uppdate. I really like terraria and all, but now I have a hard time playing it becuse the breath meter is all upp in my face (on top of my head) and I am just wondering if I could move it back to under the map like before or if I just have to live whit this?

I hope it could be some added UI upption or something but I could not find eny in game. Keep upp the good work.

/Tuffs<3
Currently there is no such option. Though they might consider it for a future update :) thanks for bringing it up! Personally I like it since too often I forget to watch my breath meter when it's all the way over there XD

So, here's some feedback for the expert mode:

The first night is absolutely BRUTAL. It took me until I was able to craft the wooden Yo-yo and find an enchanted boomerange before I could even do anything. That's NOT a bad thing though. It made me really have to actually consider my actions and the risks I wanted to take.

Also, it seems like the respawn time in expert mode is longer than normal, even when not facing bosses.

Overall, I'm enjoying the better rewards in expert mode, and am looking forward to the challenge of the bosses.

Currently there is no such option. Though they might consider it for a future update :) thanks for bringing it up! Personally I like it since too often I forget to watch my breath meter when it's all the way over there XD

Thx, I am just the oppesit and thats why am bringing it up :D
I can understand why the new placment, but it would be nice if they added the opption to put it back.

When i play on the singleplayer mode, the game is smooth. But when i go play multiplayer with my friend, it lags constantly. It doesn't ruin the game, but it makes pretty boring to play with this lag.

Well my game is still crashing itself and my steam client is that could be the reason that my caracter and my world was generated in an older version in 1.1.2?

Well my game is still crashing itself and my steam client is that could be the reason that my caracter and my world was generated in an older version in 1.1.2?
There have been some issues arising from 'Multi-Core Lighting', try turning this off in your video settings.

I haven't stepped foot into the caverns yet, but so far Yo-Yo's have already become my favorite type of melee weapon. It's particularly good when you get it behind the enemy so that it doesn't bounce off and does a decent amount of damage. I can't really comment on the difficulty of expert mode yet but as of now it feels reasonable.

I have a terrible slideshow now and terraria stops working after 1 second. At 1.2.4 nothing like that happened and everything worked ok for my weak computer. Looks like they destroyed the game.

I was overjoyed to find an Enchanted Sword less than half an hour into my (normal mode) run. But though I had truly been blessed by RNGesus then and there, I can't help but think that the weapon's gone from 'good' (1.2.x, where it was much less devastating) to 'ridiculous'. I had to shelve it in favour of normal weaponry because the Enchanted Sword is probably on par with dungeon gear now - 24 damage base, autoswing, projectiles?

That asides, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but wasn't the Enchanted Sword supposed to appear in its own little mini-biome now? One of the spoilers depicted it as such. Mine was found as normal - without fanfare, just poking out in a cave corner deep underground.

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

Loving 1.3.0.1 and the new expert mode so far

I think brain of cthulhu is way to easy compared to the eye of cthulhu on expert mode, guess the eye got buffed a bit to much compared to the brain ?

Did brain on first try(solo), took 2-3 tries on the eye( 3 people ) :dryadtongue:
^3 people multiplayer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom