PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are having FPS issues, please make sure multicore lighting is off and then let us know how that helps - or doesn't?

Frame Skip can help too.

We just want to get a sense for how many are fixed with the multicore default swap.

Turning off multicore lighting removed the lags I had every view seconds.

Thanks for the quick solution! And thanks to the whole team for an amazing update. I love everything of it I have seen so far!!!

What other info can you provide - hardware, location, things you have tried, etc.

Information is the key to fixes

Multiplayer apparently lags, but not Singleplayer. Singleplayer runs really smooth and nice. But, Multiplayer makes my FPS drop pretty bad. Yes, I turned Multicore Lighting off, and it still yet, lags. Including Retro Lighting. The FPS lag happens everywhere I go.
Computer: Dell Precision - Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99 GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
Bit: 32-bit
Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 580

I might have a crappy video card, but Terraria runs fine, except Multiplayer. I used to run Multiplayer very well in 1.2. Until 1.3 hit me hard.

Last edited:
I defeated EoC earlier on single player expert and the drops were fine. Were you playing single or multiplayer?
If you were to read a bit more of the thread (that was a link, if you didn't see), you'd see that the problems seem to be with Steam-hosted multiplayer.

Turns out that Portals From the Portal Gun are either temporary, or only work a certain distance from the first one... (Portal next to spawn to portal in Hell didnt work)

If you were to read a bit more of the thread (that was a link, if you didn't see), you'd see that the problems seem to be with Steam-hosted multiplayer.

Ha, I don't think I did. It is colored light blue but it did not dawn on me to be a url link.

Turns out that Portals From the Portal Gun are either temporary, or only work a certain distance from the first one... (Portal next to spawn to portal in Hell didnt work)
curses

Seriously, I wanted to place one portal beside the top of a hellevator, jump down, and shoot another one at the bottom of hell and see how far I flew upwards. Now I'll never know.

PLEASE, Help.

I've made a couple of teleporters going from my base to a dungeon but only the one at the dungeon works, which makes it pretty useless since at that point I could just use a magic mirror.
I'm pretty mad, why the hell doesn't the bloody thing work??

That is disappointing... Considering how well Teleporters work, you'd think that they'd be able to make portals act the same way, possibly by reusing the Teleporter code. This is especially odd given that balancing would be irrelevant at the point in the game where you can obtain it (eliminating the need to nerf the portal gun), as well as Portal portals being known to connect to each other as far as the distance from Earth to the moon.

Anybody down to test this update out with me? Need a survival partner(s) for 1.3. I'm a good "Terrarian" and have been playing since 1.1. :) Inbox me on this Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom