PC I have ruined my Copy and i don't know how to fix it

nomis103

Terrarian
A long time ago i tried modding my terraria, after a whole day of trying i succeeded and after going in game for a while the backdrop disappeared and my entire computer blue screened. I Thought nothing of this thinking "i guess this mod doesn't agree with my old PC" and i stopped playing the game out of boredom. Now that the new update is out i attempted to play again and the same error happened, crashing my computer and forcing a restart. The mod and ,as far as i know, all its components are gone but the game continues to crash my PC. Terraria is my most played game of all time and i desperately don't want this to be the end of it, someone please help.

A long time ago i tried modding my terraria, after a whole day of trying i succeeded and after going in game for a while the backdrop disappeared and my entire computer blue screened. I Thought nothing of this thinking "i guess this mod doesn't agree with my old PC" and i stopped playing the game out of boredom. Now that the new update is out i attempted to play again and the same error happened, crashing my computer and forcing a restart. The mod and ,as far as i know, all its components are gone but the game continues to crash my PC. Terraria is my most played game of all time and i desperately don't want this to be the end of it, someone please help.

Proceed with the following:
  • Uninstall the game completely with Steam.
  • Remove any remaining content of Terraria: Worlds, Characters, config files, and installation files from their directories.
  • Restart Steam
  • Install Terraria via Steam
  • Confirm that the file structure of Terraria is only 1.3 content and no additional mods, or lingering files remain that are not supported.

1.3 requires a full clean installation to work. It is highly unstable if you leave any content you used for 1.2.4.1 around, you can back it up and experiment later, but at this time we suggest only working with 1.3 cleanly.

just to clarify, yes i have tried verifying my game cache, reinstalling ect
Wow thats a lot more intense than what i thought it would be "literally exterminate any trace of terraria from your PC" i just expected a generic "your PC is terrible". I dont know if this will work but i do know that there are pieces of 1.2 in certain folders, thank you so much for the detailed help
[DOUBLEPOST=1435913393,1435913169][/DOUBLEPOST]Do you have any idea why this error occurred in the first place with the mod?

please i require help again, i followed your instructions and the game worked, i exited and started a new character and world after testing and the errors have started again
[DOUBLEPOST=1435995430,1435995201][/DOUBLEPOST]i can clearly see that certain aspects of 1.3 are missing as well (the npc speech, the map, the slimes textures, new biomes, ect). This is becoming a serious problem

please i require help again, i followed your instructions and the game worked, i exited and started a new character and world after testing and the errors have started again
[DOUBLEPOST=1435995430,1435995201][/DOUBLEPOST]i can clearly see that certain aspects of 1.3 are missing as well (the npc speech, the map, the slimes textures, new biomes, ect). This is becoming a serious problem

Could also be a steam bug.

Uninstall the Game
Check Steamapps if there is still any terraria content, remove it.
Go to Windows>Documents>My Games>Terraria.

Remove the Terraria File, cause its not getting deleted after uninstalling (on my pc ^^).

You could also reinstall your Steam, but this would cause problems if you got Steam Games installed, so if you want also to try that, please uninstall Steam Games before.

After all that,install Terraria and it should work.

i have done all this about 3 times now, it only worked the first and then shat itself again. i really don't understand how this has happened and im definitely not reinstalling my steam. The main difference i see upon entering is that the guide no longer does his little speech bubbles (a good early indicator that something is VERY wrong), this is such a strange bug that i have no idea what caused or how to fix it
[DOUBLEPOST=1436010663,1436010527][/DOUBLEPOST]does the guide only speak at certain moments and i am just making a huge mistake in assuming that there is something wrong (i have yet to see the background disappear but i only tested for a couple of minutes), because when it worked fully the guide was speaking regularly and slimes had clearly different sprites.

i have done all this about 3 times now, it only worked the first and then shat itself again. i really don't understand how this has happened and im definitely not reinstalling my steam. The main difference i see upon entering is that the guide no longer does his little speech bubbles (a good early indicator that something is VERY wrong), this is such a strange bug that i have no idea what caused or how to fix it
[DOUBLEPOST=1436010663,1436010527][/DOUBLEPOST]does the guide only speak at certain moments and i am just making a huge mistake in assuming that there is something wrong (i have yet to see the background disappear but i only tested for a couple of minutes), because when it worked fully the guide was speaking regularly and slimes had clearly different sprites.

The Guide is only speaking at some moments, he doesnt speak permanent.

Screens from the Textures please.

i will get some screenshots when i don't have important processes running, im afraid that i will run into another blue screen and i don't want to lose any important data.
And thanks a lot for the help so far guys

this is a screenshot of when i got it working fully for a bit before i turned it off, i noticed that the map turned on while it was working and when it returned to its broken 1.2 "mode" the map is turned off. ill get a screenshot of it's "broken" state after

Attachments

• succ.jpg
    succ.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 253
this is a screenshot of when i got it working fully for a bit before i turned it off, i noticed that the map turned on while it was working and when it returned to its broken 1.2 "mode" the map is turned off. ill get a screenshot of it's "broken" state after

Its the new Graphic, Texture of the Slimes please?

Maybe I'm dumb, but I cannot see the difference atm. I agree, that you should post the slime sprite, then we can guess what do to next.

So does this look like a normal 1.3 screen to you (i am still getting occasional flickering textures which worries me that another crash might happen).
succ2.jpg
succ3.jpg
succ24.jpg

[DOUBLEPOST=1436030005,1436029944][/DOUBLEPOST]PS the guide still doesn't have any of the "conversation" speech bubbles just the regular ones when you personally talk to him

Try to disable Multicore Lightning
[DOUBLEPOST=1436030116,1436030059][/DOUBLEPOST]He doesnt speak to you while you right click to him with blubles, thats random. Try to get another villager maybe it will happen ^^

So does this look like a normal 1.3 screen to you (i am still getting occasional flickering textures which worries me that another crash might happen).
View attachment 60673 View attachment 60674 View attachment 60675
[DOUBLEPOST=1436030005,1436029944][/DOUBLEPOST]PS the guide still doesn't have any of the "conversation" speech bubbles just the regular ones when you personally talk to him
Yeah those are good. THe first pic shows a slime with a coin in it, which I am pretty sure was new to 1.3, like Slimes having stuff in them. So that is a good sign. But yeah that looks fine, I see nothing wrong.

I always have it disabled, in fact i actually tried turning it on when this started happening, it didn't help.
I have also realised that there was also a massive increase in framerate when it was working compared to now

Update, just to make sure that 1.3 features where in fact even here in the first place i did some exploring while taking the slime screenshots and found some of the new underground desert and a desert slime

Update, just to make sure that 1.3 features where in fact even here in the first place i did some exploring while taking the slime screenshots and found some of the new underground desert and a desert slime

yep thats 1.3, still crashing?

Back
Top Bottom