Tips on Wall of Flesh Expert Mode

SPQR

Skeletron Prime
I've been lucky so far in my 1.3 expert mode playthrough, but it seems it's about run out. I can't think of a way to beat WOF. can anyone give me tips? Greatly appreciated if you could.

I didn't beat Skeletron. Skeletron I've heard is harder than WOF. But defeating Queen Bee is easy if you don't bring coins. If you die, I think she goes to your spawn and continues to fight.

I didn't beat Skeletron. Skeletron I've heard is harder than WOF. But defeating Queen Bee is easy if you don't bring coins. If you die, I think she goes to your spawn and continues to fight.
No she doesn't return to spawn because if your spawn isn't in the Jungle then she won't leave. I tried fighting her and I find that it's just like normal mode, but just more attacks. She'd be easy for me if I fought her in a open area in the Jungle.

What I did was farm a lot of gold, get all my accessories to Warding (+4 DEF), and just Phoenix Blaster + Meteor shot the WoF. Also, I made a 7000 block long arena, straight with no bumps, and opened up the ceiling. Make sure to have a swiftness potion with you when he is low on health, as he gets to the pointwhere not even Frostspark Boots are enough to get away.

Are you using an OP character with wings and a terra blade or a new character with molten armour and what not.
Cause i only recently started playing terraria on PC and im very behind
and i just want to know how hard the previous bosses are in an expert world.

Are you using an OP character with wings and a terra blade or a new character with molten armour and what not.
I have 164 beenades, will that be enough? What I've been doing is using beenades then using the Molten Fury with Jester arrows and switching between the two but when he hits low health and goes super fast I die :3

I have 164 beenades, will that be enough? What I've been doing is using beenades then using the Molten Fury with Jester arrows and switching between the two but when he hits low health and goes super fast I die :3
Don't you mean, will that BEE enough?
Hue huehuehue [insert Lenny face]

Brand new with Molten Armor.

Brand new character with molten armor. 400 life, I had the shield eye of cthulu, worm scarf, obsidian shield, ballon with horseshoe deal, and the speed boots. Don't have time to look up specific names of the items but you get my drift. I had an extra ~8 defense from all the reforging I did

Make a long bridge, use the Bow you find in hell ( you have to beat skeetron first.) or you can use the bee's knees. That's what i used. Beenades get rid of him quickly. good luck my friend! :dryadtongue:

my buddy and I got him 2nd try..... I wore fossil armor and buddy wore jungle armor. he used the fire spell from a shadow chest and I used star cannon until I ran out (200 stars) then frost dagger fish from fishing in the tundra. We then immediately beat him again without the star cannon using only the daggerfish and his fire spell.

one of us died each time.... very close calls. we also used every potion buff we could make and used the summoner workshop and summoner potions so we each had 3 imp summons.

it is called expert mode for a reason... if you don't pull out all the stops then don't expect to win.

I beat him primarily just using the hellwing bow, a long, open area, and lots of potions. Remember things like endurance and wrath potions to absolutely max out your survivability and damage. Keep well-fed, keep heart lanterns and campfires, and remember that if your world is long enough and you start close enough to the edge of the map, you might be able to drop back down (especially with boosted fall speed from the slime mount) and have another go at him while he's still injured if you die.

Beenades + Bee Gun are a great mix, especially with the Hive Pack accessory. You can kill him this way in like a minute.

I also recommend to get some boost like Spectre/Lightning Boots and Swiftness Potion. Cthulhu's Shield is very useful if you're in serious danger. Double tapping to the opposite direction will allow you do run a little bit away from the wall.

And you need to be REALLY quick. When I fought it, it almost got me when I killed it. I was really lucky.

As for Skeletron, I recommend the Slime Mount trick I posted for Queen Bee. If you do it well, you can kill him easily when he's spinning.

Skeletron? break his arms and then shoot the head. Don't use shield of cthulhu for dodging, it makes things worse.
Keep moving.

Back
Top Bottom