Console Coin gun ?

Whatofit

Terrarian
Ok it's been longer then a year since 1.2 hit and rudi and his team droped the ball so hard I didn't know if they could ever pick it up.
They did and got it working again but after the next 4 updates there's still no coin gun wtf rudi set it as a drop from the pirate invasion , no need to fix the way the coins won't stack in the ammo slots just give it to us allready. Please like if you think consoles deserve the weapon with the highest dps in the game .

Engine has stated that due to how they coded coins on consoles the coin gun causes errors so they will not be bringing it to the console versions.

They lied Leon no errors been testing since 1.2 never had the game glitch while using it.
Come on rudi just let the pirates drop it and deal with the fact that whoever told you it caused glitches was wrong.

They had reasons for not putting up the coin gun. If the glitch was a rumor made up by someone, then oviously the coin gun would have existed on console. There is nothing you can do but to wait.

Yep coin gun works fine not sure what you are talking about Nike Leon. I feel like I've been beta testing for free since this game was released on console.

Last edited:
They had reasons for not putting up the coin gun. If the glitch was a rumor made up by someone, then oviously the coin gun would have existed on console. There is nothing you can do but to wait.
There reasons seem to be only sloth. :(

The true reason is being impatient.
They never plan on adding read above. They allready have it coded in and it works great just the way it is . I would just like them to let the pirates drop it like they should and leave it at that.

Ok it's been longer then a year since 1.2 hit and rudi and his team droped the ball so hard I didn't know if they could ever pick it up.
They did and got it working again but after the next 4 updates there's still no coin gun wtf rudi set it as a drop from the pirate invasion , no need to fix the way the coins won't stack in the ammo slots just give it to us allready. Please like if you think consoles deserve the weapon with the highest dps in the game .
They dropped the ball because no coin guns? What!? Its not a very efficient gun in the first place and most things work just as well

*ahem*

Oh, sweet coin gun, very pretty,
Not on consoles? What a pity.
Although coins have better uses,
Than to turn monsters into juices.
So I say get over it,
The horseman's blade can fill the pit.
It's one weapon you're complaining for,
When console's current state is a bore.
even if the consoles faster grew
for your coin gun, there'd be nothing you can do.
Rhyming ends here, now shut your rear.

Why, because it is powerful? Not everyone here has the determination to make "40+plat in one day" farms. Many will view this weapon as a waste of money. Coin gun is really nothing more than some sort of a "show off" gun due to the nature of its ammo. Most would prefer to buy a crap ton of cheep bullets that can still destroy mobs in a few hits.

Just because it didn't show any errors previously when it was unobtainable due to a glitch, doesn't necessarily mean that it can't do bigger damage. For example, the projectile may be "unstable data", and cause crashes upon collision every now and then. Sure, this doesn't mean it can't get fixed, but if the developers say the thing can cause errors, it most certainly can (Developers know more about the internal structure of the game then all of us, or at least for console. They probably also know more about programming then some of the community [Up for debate, but that's another topic :p]).

All in all, trust the devs. If they say it can cause instabilities, 9 times out of 10, it will. Also, INB4 "They can recode the way coins work then", well, true, but that would do more harm then good - rewriting a part of the engine isn't an easy task, and a lot of the times, you wait for a remastered version or sequel to quell the flaws in the internal engine. Now, I don't know how much of the "coins" are really part of the engine, but it feels like it is a deeper rooted mechanic that has things we didn't even know existed (For under-the-hood reasons).

Basically, just be patient. Maybe they will fix / change this in an upcoming update. Only time will tell ;) Also, no need to be so harsh to Rudi and the team, it's tough to be a dev (I may not be a dev on a team, but hey, programmers have feelings as well :))

I still say the pirates should drop the coin gun, it has never once crashed me or caused any problems. All it does is shoot the wrong coins sometimes.

But you should give PS4 a try right after playing PS3 you can see they actually cared about fixing the bugs on current gen and left last gen to rot. I still feel sorry for my old friends on PS3 because they are still stuck with a broken mess.

Last edited:
Lol it works just add the drop for the pirates sorry for pissing on the dev's I forget not all of you have been playing since 1.0 so you think the :red: stains on the walls are just trees. Don't farm it's the same as cheating just a whole lot slower.

I still say the pirates should drop the coin gun, it has never once crashed me or caused any problems. All it does is shoot the wrong coins sometimes.
Sounds kind of like a problem to me :p May not be major, but it's a problem none-the-less, and likely not the only issue.
Lol it works just add the drop for the pirates sorry for pissing on the dev's I forget not all of you have been playing since 1.0 so you think the :red: stains on the walls are just trees. Don't farm it's the same as cheating just a whole lot slower.
I'm sorry, but like I said before, if 505 said that their was an issue with the way coins were programmed, there is an issue (For example, as @xxterminatorxx5 mentioned, it shoots the wrong coins, which can turn copper "ammo" into platinum "ammo" causing major "balancing" issues - related to an issue). Also, saying that "[We] haven't been playing since 1.0" is rather irrelevant, and doesn't add to your point; If anything, more of a hint of negativity - rudeness or even an attack to opposers of your argument per-se.

Also, is their really a reason to get so hostile of a single item in the game? If so, do you have any programming knowledge to know how to fix said issue with the coins, rendering 505's argument completely obselete? Sorry if I'm coming back as harsh, but I'll say it one more time, and I'm positive that others on the forums agree - trust the devs, it's not easy to be one either...

Have you even played console or even tried the console coin gun? The coin gun fires every kind of coin in your inventory, you can't choose which ones to use as ammo. What we usually do is fill our inventories with nothing but platinum coins so only those are fired. If we pick up any bronze coins there is a likely chance we will accidentally use those instead of the platinum coins we intended on using.

Back
Top Bottom