PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey for 1.3.0.4 could you Nerf crawlitpedes a bit, if not just make it multiple body segments! Please!Please!Please!
just stay on the ground. they cant attack u unless u fly ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1436142789,1436142351][/DOUBLEPOST]i just wanna say to all or most ppl that the game crashes from time to time it might be ur PC as most ppl dont have that problem

[DOUBLEPOST=1436142789,1436142351][/DOUBLEPOST]i just wanna say to all or most ppl that the game crashes from time to time it might be ur PC as most ppl dont have that problem
which took me an hour to realise since EVERYONE use wings crawlitpedes are the most annoying :red: since they were specifically made to counter our flight

This whole update is full of counters to common game tactics. Brainsuckers are the counter to hiding underground crawlitpedes are just to annoy flyers moonlord luaghs at your life leech starting to think this update was just to troll us.

which took me an hour to realise since EVERYONE use wings crawlitpedes are the most annoying :red: since they were specifically made to counter our flight

This whole update is full of counters to common game tactics. Brainsuckers are the counter to hiding underground crawlitpedes are just to annoy flyers moonlord luaghs at your life leech starting to think this update was just to troll us.
i dealt with everything. im a terraria pro :p just not a forum guy :/

I keep crashing still. This time I was actively playing the game and the game crashed, which also took Steam with it. This is now the fourth time this has happened in total. Deleting my config file did not help.

In normal mode, that may work, in expert mode, staying grounded too long means you'll get shredded, but good. Also the Crawltipedes in Expert-mode deal waaaayyy over 200 dmg on hit. In shroomite equip, you'll take 250 - 300 depending on your accessories (Not taking Scarf into account here). Any ground mob will hit you for 100 and more, when near that solar pillar, so some balancing might be fine here.

I keep crashing still. This time I was actively playing the game and the game crashed, which also took Steam with it. This is now the fourth time this has happened in total. Deleting my config file did not help.
Post your specs and such to a proper bug report, according to the link at the top of the forum. There's a subforum for creating bug report topics. It sounds like you experienced the same bug I did, but they won't listen to me because I had it under Wine.

When I play in Windows, the spots where it would have crashed, it just freezes for about 3/4 of a second.

It's been said before in this thread, but I'll say it again. Teleport/Recall to your nurse and you can use her healing abilities for the entire final fight. It is NOT POSSIBLE for the final boss to despawn from you moving too far away, so you can fight him in one area, teleport/recall when you are low to your nurse, heal for full, and then head back and continue the fight. I've done this boss fight, solo, in 1.3.0.3, on expert with only pre-final boss gear multiple times and this is, by far, the easiest method of defeating him.
post number 360... GLAZE IT

I hope something is done to Medusa, getting randomly petrified when mining is no fun. The first time I got petrified I didn't even know about Medusas! She should start emitting light when preparing the attack and there should be something to make the player immune to it like sunglasses, they might work.

I hope something is done to Medusa, getting randomly petrified when mining is no fun. The first time I got petrified I didn't even know about Medusas! She should start emitting light when preparing the attack and there should be something to make the player immune to it like sunglasses, they might work.

@samufinland If you know anything about Medusa you should know not to look at her. Just face away from her and you won't get petrified. Use something that can attack behind you, or ricochet off of something in front of you. She's scary and formidable at first, but she's not that bad once you get some practice.

I annihilated the ML with Nebula Armor, lots of buff potions, fishron wings, a worm scarf, celestial shell, charm of myths, ankh shield, and a 6th accesory slot; magic cuffs, all menacing, and a Mythical Razorblade Typhoon(Rainbow Crystal staff is optional).

Simply keep firing the razorblade and picking up the Mana, Health, and Damage boosters. Try and fly around the Phantasm Beams.

In order to get these items, simply go to this server: http://terraria-servers.com/server/1218/ and look in the bottom two rows of chests in any chest room. If the items you need are missing, simply wait until the server "crashes"(aka a reset by turning off the server every 15 minutes for 20 sec). It will show as a "Lost Connection" screen. Simply log back in and the chest rooms will be reset.

Please not that server may be extremely laggy, as there are usually tons of people on. This, however, is the only way to get free items as of right now.

What's the point if you're just gonna cheat? That's literally expecting the stuff to be handed to you with no challenge. Part of the reward is taking the boss out, either by yourself or with others. it defeats the point of the game, like playing anything with godmode on all the time. The achievement becomes worthless because it isn't really earned by the player, it's just an empty trophy. :I

@samufinland If you know anything about Medusa you should know not to look at her. Just face away from her and you won't get petrified. Use something that can attack behind you, or ricochet off of something in front of you. She's scary and formidable at first, but she's not that bad once you get some practice.

Until you're doing something like looking for Plantera bulbs to fight the boss, have a SLIVER of marble nearby, she spawns and suddenly you plummet and die because you have no way of knowing she's there unless you make hunter potions PRIORITY when you want to do ANYTHING underground. Like I can SEE the counter arguments to this but it really isn't fair. The absurd range Medusa has coupled with not even needing to be in the same CAVE with her, just be in a pocket nearby, means that even veteran players are going to be dying a lot unless you SPECIFICALLY REMOVE the Marble patches or find each and everyone and avoid them like the plague.

That or play super duper safe and use multi-hooks just to get around everywhere; that said, hooks are movement OPTION, not how you should be forced to move when dealing with a singular mob. The lengths you need to go through to defend against a singular non-boss mob even in hardmode with MOON LORD gear is absurd. At least give us something that prevents the debuff or nerf it in some way. It's flat out dumb how we can do things like farm all day for things like a Nazar or Armor Bracing or a Bezoar to stop really nasty debuffs then give this ultimate debuff that we have no defense against except for specifically altering our world to prepare for it or lighting up the entire underground to be safe.

Medusa's stone gaze was flawed in it's own lore! She got turned to stone herself from her reflection! And you mean to tell me we can't avoid this debuff, maybe flat out RUIN Medusa with say an item that drops from her that can reflect her gaze and we just have to 'turn around' which is really shoddy unless you know EXACTLY where the Medusa is to turn away from it!? We have bloody HAND WARMERS to defend against the god damn Frozen debuff and the like but we can't get an item that prevents getting turned to stone?

This issue transcends a 'nerf'; it just seems to me like it wasn't fully thought out or tested when it was implemented, or the implications of each possible situation weren't considered when they added this mob. Had we a way to prevent the debuff that isn't a shaky method that requires you to basically dissect the Marble, I could see Medusa being fair, but as it stands it's just dumb. The manner in which you can die instantly to a friggen' woman with snakes for hair that turns you to stone and causes damn near insta-death if you're in the air yet withstand an onslaught from an implied Lunar elder god is just dumb.

Weigh Medusa against the other 'difficult' mobs one has to deal with and you'll notice one of them has a straight up 'this is bull:red:' factor and the others can be progressively outmatched.

Hmmm, Gonna have to fight the Final Boss again to see what overhaul it got...

Also Left Shift, helpful as :red:. Glad to see we finally get this.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE LEFT SHIFT ༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Well, by fighting the final boss you mean doing the whole boring event and then fighting him, only to find out that he is near impossible if you still use potions but don't mod in the end game armor before you have your first go at him, I have stopped playing terraria because he is so difficult.

The response I got is that the 1.3.0.3 update was sent to GOG (I think it's done via email); apparently GOG just hasn't updated their download yet.

GOG is located in central Europe, and it's already Sunday night there, apparently they (GOG) aren't a 24/7 operation for these sorts of things. So likely it will be several hours before someone can be contacted about this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I confirmed just now that GOG has now updated to 1.3.0.3. If you're using the Galaxy interface, and you hover the mouse cursor over 'Play' on the Terraria page, it should show the version installed. If you don't see that it's 1.3.0.3, then try More->Manage->Verify/Repair, it should update.

Is Moon Lord extremely difficult in even normal mode?

I personally think that over-the-top difficulties should be saved for expert mode. Normal mode doesn't need an overly difficult boss, even if it is the final boss. (Not to mention having to repeat a lengthy event for each attempt.)

What's the point if you're just gonna cheat? That's literally expecting the stuff to be handed to you with no challenge. Part of the reward is taking the boss out, either by yourself or with others. it defeats the point of the game, like playing anything with godmode on all the time. The achievement becomes worthless because it isn't really earned by the player, it's just an empty trophy. :I
I forgot to mention that everything is unsorted and impossible to find

Until you're doing something like looking for Plantera bulbs to fight the boss, have a SLIVER of marble nearby, she spawns and suddenly you plummet and die because you have no way of knowing she's there unless you make hunter potions PRIORITY when you want to do ANYTHING underground. Like I can SEE the counter arguments to this but it really isn't fair. The absurd range Medusa has coupled with not even needing to be in the same CAVE with her, just be in a pocket nearby, means that even veteran players are going to be dying a lot unless you SPECIFICALLY REMOVE the Marble patches or find each and everyone and avoid them like the plague.

@StickyQuote

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I saw a Medusa in another pocket while I was digging around somewhere. And since our tunnels weren't connected, I didn't worry about turning away from her. I was never turned to stone. So I assumed that she needs line of sight to be able to turn you to stone.

That said, I do agree that she should have some sort of "tell" animation that will warn players that she's about to do the stare of death. I also have never experienced the randomly turning to stone while exploring and falling to my death. I can see how that would be very frustrating. I wonder if you can throw out your grappling hook while "stoned" or not...

That or play super duper safe and use multi-hooks just to get around everywhere; that said, hooks are movement OPTION, not how you should be forced to move when dealing with a singular mob. The lengths you need to go through to defend against a singular non-boss mob even in hardmode with MOON LORD gear is absurd. At least give us something that prevents the debuff or nerf it in some way. It's flat out dumb how we can do things like farm all day for things like a Nazar or Armor Bracing or a Bezoar to stop really nasty debuffs then give this ultimate debuff that we have no defense against except for specifically altering our world to prepare for it or lighting up the entire underground to be safe.

Medusa's stone gaze was flawed in it's own lore! She got turned to stone herself from her reflection! And you mean to tell me we can't avoid this debuff, maybe flat out RUIN Medusa with say an item that drops from her that can reflect her gaze and we just have to 'turn around' which is really shoddy unless you know EXACTLY where the Medusa is to turn away from it!? We have bloody HAND WARMERS to defend against the god damn Frozen debuff and the like but we can't get an item that prevents getting turned to stone?

This issue transcends a 'nerf'; it just seems to me like it wasn't fully thought out or tested when it was implemented, or the implications of each possible situation weren't considered when they added this mob. Had we a way to prevent the debuff that isn't a shaky method that requires you to basically dissect the Marble, I could see Medusa being fair, but as it stands it's just dumb. The manner in which you can die instantly to a friggen' woman with snakes for hair that turns you to stone and causes damn near insta-death if you're in the air yet withstand an onslaught from an implied Lunar elder god is just dumb.

Weigh Medusa against the other 'difficult' mobs one has to deal with and you'll notice one of them has a straight up 'this is bull:red:' factor and the others can be progressively outmatched.
Actually, Medusa was killed and she probably turned to stone after her death. Tehe hero used her head to petrify a bunch of other people.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436206304,1436205882][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, the Medusa can petrify the player off screen. I was placed rope on my elevator when I got petrified by a Medusa beneath me, I didn't see her at all.Luckily I dropped on her so I didn't get any fall damage but I got hit by her and then killed when she hit me again... And shie stole my money and despawned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom