PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StickyQuote

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I saw a Medusa in another pocket while I was digging around somewhere. And since our tunnels weren't connected, I didn't worry about turning away from her. I was never turned to stone. So I assumed that she needs line of sight to be able to turn you to stone.

That said, I do agree that she should have some sort of "tell" animation that will warn players that she's about to do the stare of death. I also have never experienced the randomly turning to stone while exploring and falling to my death. I can see how that would be very frustrating. I wonder if you can throw out your grappling hook while "stoned" or not...

I went down into my jungle a few times looking for Plantera Bulbs and I have like 4 marble pockets spaced out in such a way where I'll be within spawning radius at some point at my jungle; about 3-5 times, I lost count, I was cruising through my jungle after having beaten Moon Lord and wanting I think it was called the Seedler. Each time I end up getting petrified through a Medusa being SOMEWHERE nearby, not even within view and sometimes not even when my whole screen is lit with torches including the marble itself. Each time I fall to my death.

To have gone through end game on expert and to die to such stupidity as getting petrified by an enemy off screen/in darkness while I'm flying through the open spaces of my jungle is just... dumb. I seriously don't want to have to remove the marble as I'm someone that likes keeping my biomes untouched for the most part to the point where I Rod of Discord into pockets rather than dig, and finding a super roundabout way of getting past the damn near marble 'layer' of my world's jungle is something I'd rather not have to do.

True you could say 'just suck it up and do it' but at that point the game is forcing me to change my ways rather than making something I can progress against. Even Crawlipedes I found a work around in expert for flying but chose to fight the solar pillar on the ground since it was overall easier. When there are accessories and items that excel at convenience, I just find it silly something like the Medusa's debuff being pretty much doom at ANY gear level; imagine a hardcore char... yeesh.

Is anybody else finding that ThickMouseEdgesPackedColor does not seem to be working? No matter what number I type in, the in-game mouse border simply appears white.

Thanks for working so hard to make sure hackers can't ruin our multiplayer experience, guys!

For reference: you could hack yourself to have "difficulty 3" which means that you would never drop any items on death! It's like super-fluffy-softcore.

Why is that something they'd want to change? If people want to play that way it's up to them.

I really hope they tone down martian probes soon. Or maybe switch things around so there's a summon item after you beat the martians the first time. I am so sick and tired of seeing them. It's like when wyverns were first implemented into the game, except instead of one hardmode enemy it's a really long and hard event that almost always intrudes on what I'm doing.

@StickyQuote Do Lucky Horseshoes and wings not work/not prevent fall damage when you're petrified or something? o_O
They don't.

What they said; they don't. They stop working entirely and even get amplified like 100x fall damage. Pretty sure I saw a 900 damage one of those times I've died.

I really hope they tone down martian probes soon. Or maybe switch things around so there's a summon item after you beat the martians the first time. I am so sick and tired of seeing them. It's like when wyverns were first implemented into the game, except instead of one hardmode enemy it's a really long and hard event that almost always intrudes on what I'm doing.

You're lucky; I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I can't find any. >_<

What they said; they don't. They stop working entirely and even get amplified like 100x fall damage. Pretty sure I saw a 900 damage one of those times I've died.

You're lucky; I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I can't find any. >_<

I was playing with some friends and we literally found at least seven probes within three in-game days. And just today I found another four. It's really messing with the moon lord farming and I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to do with all of these martian outfits, electrosphere launchers, influx whatevers, and everything. I don't know how this managed to happen but just about everyone I have played with is afraid to go on the surface or else we'll somehow end up in another martian invasion. Literally just today I was trying to do a ranged-summoner 2v2 on the moon events only for us to get repeatedly sandwiched between two back-to-back martian invasions and a solar pillar. It was... not great.

We're broken shells of people now and I don't know what the deal is. xD

Good afternoon Terrarians!

Thank you all for reporting all your finds with 1.3! Skiphs and Yoraiz0r have been hard at work fixing bugs and listening to feedback from the community to get you these changes! Below you will find notes for all the changes that have been made in version 1.3.0.3.

Thanks again for your feedback and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have had.

Features:

• When using leftshift on inventory while in shop, you now have an indicator that you're selling items.
  • You can now quickly move items between your chest and the inventory by using leftshift.
  • Stardust Guardian is now dyable with your vanity pet dye (have some creative fun!).
  • Areas you have not seen will now be black in camera mode.
  • Added 'Highlight New Items' General Settings Option, on by default: Highlights any new item you pick up in your inventory.
  • Duct-taped multiplayer for good luck and stability*.
  • You should now have an easier time reporting errors if they happen on a server.
  • The final bosses leech debuff has been overhauled... (spoilers).
  • You can no longer put torches on tiles you are not supposed to (metal bars, etc).
  • Old and corrupt worlds will now display on the world list marked with a red name.
  • Increased Martian's drone health to 500.
New config options:
  • Added Config.json setting "UseSmartWallReplacement", on by default, if you set it off: automatic wall replacement while building will be disabled
  • Added Config.json setting "UseSmartCursorForCommonBlocks", off by default, if you set this on: 1.2.4's smart block placement will be re-enabled
  • Added Config.json setting "DisableLeftShiftTrashCan", off by default, if you set this on: Quicktrash will be ENTIRELY disabled
  • Added Config.json setting "HidePasswords", off by default, if you set this on: all passwords in the client will appear as Asterisks (*)
  • Added Config.json setting "ThickMouseEdges", off by default, if you set this on: your mouse will have thick borders colored by "ThickMouseEdgesPackedCOlor"'s color
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed 'event' achievements not being granted in multiplayer ("You can do it!", "It's Hard!", "No Hobo" and so on)
  • Fixed Truffle worm not spawning
  • Fixed 'Funkytown' achievement will no longer be granted after respawning from death in the glowing mushroom biome.
  • Fixed Gypsy Robe bottoms being genderbent.
  • Fixed Daybreak's, Stardust Dragon and Stardust Cell Staff's gold values
  • Fixed some server crashes (portals, lunar shields)
  • Fixed numerous attack forms not being synced server-side (unicorn mount, slime mount, solar dash, EoC dash, etc)
  • Fixed achievements menu slider bar hanging on top of screen if all filters are disabled
  • Fixed Armed Eskimo Zombies not dropping their proper gore
  • Fixed bug where traps could critically hit
  • Fixed issue where banners could be placed on closed trap doors
  • Fixed Quickstack stacking items of max stack 1 and quick stacking coins from your inventory
  • Fixed Quickstack eating coins
  • Fixed crash in LookForColorTiles
  • Fixed excessive net synchronization on some cases
  • Fixed Team Dye not stacking correctly
  • Fixed crash when saving old worlds
  • Fixed issue where banning was ineffective (including ports...)
  • Fixed Loki's dye missing the common developer's tooltip
  • Fixed Staff of Regrowth Moss growing feature not working in multiplayer
  • Fixed channelled weapons being halted from use when you hover over information icons
  • Fixed Phantasm arrows exploit allowing you to get more arrows than you use
  • Fixed Horseman's blade not summoning pumpkins against Lunar invasion enemies
  • Fixed dupe bug with Item Frames
  • Fixed bug where you couldn't remove an item from the Item Frame if you had a favorite item selected
  • Fixed bug where Config.json's "FrameSkip" was written in reverse compared to ingame
  • Fixed Nymph not having rarity on Lifeform Analyzer
  • Fixed Srollers dealing unintentionally high damage
  • Fixed Developer armor wings gold costs
  • Fixed Frozen Campfire showing Ichor Campfire icon when aimed on the rightmost tile
  • Fixed Bee gun being unable to critically hit
  • Fixed Torch dupe bug
  • Fixed numerous desync issues in multiplayer
  • Fixed an issue where world and player names containing various characters would causes crashes and strange behavior when using cloud saving and favoriting.
  • Fixed an issue where corrupt configuration files would cause crashes.
  • Fixed an issue where you could invite players to your previous game while in single player.
  • Fixed an issue where joining a game from outside of the game would cause an uncancellable joining screen to display.
  • Fixed an issue where the password box would sometimes not show up.
  • Setting your resolution while in fullscreen mode will now apply correctly.
  • Fixed numerous potential multiplayer exploits
  • Fixed issue where players could hack themselves "difficulty 3".
*Special thanks to YourBuddyBill, Catnose, Aragon, and Skye for their support in helping find and reproduce bugs.*
Jesus thanks cennxx omg srollers did 500-900 dmg expert or not! Now they don't :)

Good afternoon Terrarians!

Thank you all for reporting all your finds with 1.3! Skiphs and Yoraiz0r have been hard at work fixing bugs and listening to feedback from the community to get you these changes! Below you will find notes for all the changes that have been made in version 1.3.0.3.

Thanks again for your feedback and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have had.

Features:

• When using leftshift on inventory while in shop, you now have an indicator that you're selling items.
  • You can now quickly move items between your chest and the inventory by using leftshift.
  • Stardust Guardian is now dyable with your vanity pet dye (have some creative fun!).
  • Areas you have not seen will now be black in camera mode.
  • Added 'Highlight New Items' General Settings Option, on by default: Highlights any new item you pick up in your inventory.
  • Duct-taped multiplayer for good luck and stability*.
  • You should now have an easier time reporting errors if they happen on a server.
  • The final bosses leech debuff has been overhauled... (spoilers).
  • You can no longer put torches on tiles you are not supposed to (metal bars, etc).
  • Old and corrupt worlds will now display on the world list marked with a red name.
  • Increased Martian's drone health to 500.
New config options:
  • Added Config.json setting "UseSmartWallReplacement", on by default, if you set it off: automatic wall replacement while building will be disabled
  • Added Config.json setting "UseSmartCursorForCommonBlocks", off by default, if you set this on: 1.2.4's smart block placement will be re-enabled
  • Added Config.json setting "DisableLeftShiftTrashCan", off by default, if you set this on: Quicktrash will be ENTIRELY disabled
  • Added Config.json setting "HidePasswords", off by default, if you set this on: all passwords in the client will appear as Asterisks (*)
  • Added Config.json setting "ThickMouseEdges", off by default, if you set this on: your mouse will have thick borders colored by "ThickMouseEdgesPackedCOlor"'s color
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed 'event' achievements not being granted in multiplayer ("You can do it!", "It's Hard!", "No Hobo" and so on)
  • Fixed Truffle worm not spawning
  • Fixed 'Funkytown' achievement will no longer be granted after respawning from death in the glowing mushroom biome.
  • Fixed Gypsy Robe bottoms being genderbent.
  • Fixed Daybreak's, Stardust Dragon and Stardust Cell Staff's gold values
  • Fixed some server crashes (portals, lunar shields)
  • Fixed numerous attack forms not being synced server-side (unicorn mount, slime mount, solar dash, EoC dash, etc)
  • Fixed achievements menu slider bar hanging on top of screen if all filters are disabled
  • Fixed Armed Eskimo Zombies not dropping their proper gore
  • Fixed bug where traps could critically hit
  • Fixed issue where banners could be placed on closed trap doors
  • Fixed Quickstack stacking items of max stack 1 and quick stacking coins from your inventory
  • Fixed Quickstack eating coins
  • Fixed crash in LookForColorTiles
  • Fixed excessive net synchronization on some cases
  • Fixed Team Dye not stacking correctly
  • Fixed crash when saving old worlds
  • Fixed issue where banning was ineffective (including ports...)
  • Fixed Loki's dye missing the common developer's tooltip
  • Fixed Staff of Regrowth Moss growing feature not working in multiplayer
  • Fixed channelled weapons being halted from use when you hover over information icons
  • Fixed Phantasm arrows exploit allowing you to get more arrows than you use
  • Fixed Horseman's blade not summoning pumpkins against Lunar invasion enemies
  • Fixed dupe bug with Item Frames
  • Fixed bug where you couldn't remove an item from the Item Frame if you had a favorite item selected
  • Fixed bug where Config.json's "FrameSkip" was written in reverse compared to ingame
  • Fixed Nymph not having rarity on Lifeform Analyzer
  • Fixed Srollers dealing unintentionally high damage
  • Fixed Developer armor wings gold costs
  • Fixed Frozen Campfire showing Ichor Campfire icon when aimed on the rightmost tile
  • Fixed Bee gun being unable to critically hit
  • Fixed Torch dupe bug
  • Fixed numerous desync issues in multiplayer
  • Fixed an issue where world and player names containing various characters would causes crashes and strange behavior when using cloud saving and favoriting.
  • Fixed an issue where corrupt configuration files would cause crashes.
  • Fixed an issue where you could invite players to your previous game while in single player.
  • Fixed an issue where joining a game from outside of the game would cause an uncancellable joining screen to display.
  • Fixed an issue where the password box would sometimes not show up.
  • Setting your resolution while in fullscreen mode will now apply correctly.
  • Fixed numerous potential multiplayer exploits
  • Fixed issue where players could hack themselves "difficulty 3".
*Special thanks to YourBuddyBill, Catnose, Aragon, and Skye for their support in helping find and reproduce bugs.*

whens 1.3.0.4? need a hot fix for the hot's hot fix

I have this problem after updating to 1.3 I have ceased to run Terraria before that I played with mods, the game is already several times reinstalled, I even reinstalled steam the result is zero, what to do? Help

Last edited:
Don't mind me, sitting in the corner waiting for Mac to get the update.

This month is going by slower than a snail covered in molasses. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom