PC World just vanished

Xenomus

Spazmatism
Hello terrarians,
I hope you could help me with my world, that got removed recently.
I was playing for about 4 hours straight, I went to bed,
When I woke up and I tried to open Terraria, It open how it should so,
I chose my character,
And I chose my world,
But it failed loading, so I laoded my backup,
It loaded, but it crashed terraria instantly.
After restarting terraria, I went to open my world again but it's name dissapeared,
So I started it again, same like the first time: crash,
Then it dissapeared from world list, but i still got the world file.
Help, please?
I would appreciate.

I suggest keeping the files and the backup, if you cared a lot about it and it had a lot of important things in the world or on the character, put them somewhere, not in the typical folder they're in like the Players & Worlds folders, maybe in Downloads, and put them in a individual folder. TEdit will update from time to time, keeping up with the Terraria latest version. I read somewhere that you can actually copy things from a world and copy it into a brand new one, right now it's just not possible.

As @Krizz said, save your backup. It's a reason it's called that. This is, however, confirmed to be a bug by many, many people posting about it. Hopefully, it will be resolved.

Same Here! have played 40 hours with my friend in expert mode! and the world just vanished....

That didn't work. When i executed the .bat file, I went and saw that it didn't create backup file.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436513942,1436513438][/DOUBLEPOST]But it did save my character file! It half worked, half not.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436514305][/DOUBLEPOST]bump. I really need that world.

Back
Top Bottom