Flags are getting out of hand..

Yeah I guess some people don't mind opening up their inventory every 20 seconds to shift click or to take time to find a place-able block. it may sound stupid but when you're talking about hundreds of flags it adds up.
But you won't have hundreds of banners in your inventory at any given moment. You'll probably only have a couple at a time, which, like I said, can be trashed. And if you want, then throw them in lava or just on the ground.

How exactly are you defeating these enemies so that you are 'getting spammed' by them? Are you doing it 'normally' or using some sort of afk wired contraption? If the latter, then you shouldn't complain because in my opinion you're not playing the game properly anyway.

I love collecting the banners and they are very useful for decoration and building, I would be heartbroken if they were once again made uncommon. Much like how I instantly delete blinkroot every time I pick it up you can just delete the banners.

I find it funny how none of you actually play this game a lot because it would bother you too I know it. Go ahead have any experienced player play through 1.3 and ask them how they feel about it. I mean i'm sure you guys are pretty good and all but leave this up to the real players of the game who actually care to discuss it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436462145,1436462001][/DOUBLEPOST]
How exactly are you defeating these enemies so that you are 'getting spammed' by them? Are you doing it 'normally' or using some sort of afk wired contraption? If the latter, then you shouldn't complain because in my opinion you're not playing the game properly anyway.

I love collecting the banners and they are very useful for decoration and building, I would be heartbroken if they were once again made uncommon. Much like how I instantly delete blinkroot every time I pick it up you can just delete the banners.
I mean you would be right if I didn't have 2500+ hours played so yeah done just about everything in the game don't need some random to tell me how he thinks i'm doing something wrong xD. i love this game and this change is pretty game breaking FOR ME. i guess not so much others who are just commoners.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436462240][/DOUBLEPOST]That's all just made this account to vent a little bit and get some answers but it's a lot more clear to me now thanks everyone! Look forward to Terraria's future

i'm sure everybody takes their time to dive deep into lore that everybody plays it for
"Throw away drops you don't want" hardly qualifies as deep lore. Most players would call it common sense.

every 20 seconds
Resorting to hysterics / hyperbole makes an argument weaker. This is not game-breaking. If, as you claimed above, this tiny blip is "ruining your game experience," I think you need to reconsider what's essential, what is fairly important, and what is trifling. Sure looks triflin' to me.

You're right I mean it's not like Terraria hasn't been out for 4-5 years or anything, i'm sure everybody takes their time to dive deep into lore that everybody plays it for
[DOUBLEPOST=1436461381,1436461183][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yeah I guess some people don't mind opening up their inventory every 20 seconds to shift click or to take time to find a place-able block. it may sound stupid but when you're talking about hundreds of flags it adds up.

I'm guessing you're giving up considering your reply to me was unrelated. If you're just confused, then here:

By mindlessly playing the game, I mean you're just bringing great gear and speeding through everything easily. I don't get how you thought I meant lore.

I find it funny how none of you actually play this game a lot because it would bother you too I know it. Go ahead have any experienced player play through 1.3 and ask them how they feel about it. I mean i'm sure you guys are pretty good and all but leave this up to the real players of the game who actually care to discuss it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436462145,1436462001][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean you would be right if I didn't have 2500+ hours played so yeah done just about everything in the game don't need some random to tell me how he thinks i'm doing something wrong xD. i love this game and this change is pretty game breaking FOR ME. i guess not so much others who are just commoners.

I don't really feel as though I need to defend my level of Terraria gameplay to anyone, I've played it enough to have experienced the combat side of Terraria as well as the building side of Terraria. As someone who has created large beautiful artificial biomes instead of repeatedly doing bosses and moons over and over I obviously prefer the building side of Terraria. It doesn't mean I love the game any less than you though.

I can empathise, I am a builder and my inventory is extremely precious and things like pixie dust and blinkroot can be annoying hindrances. You just have to adapt like people have been for thousands of years I'm afraid.

Honestly I would have to agree with you, it is bothersome to get a banner drop EVERY 50 kills, especially when youre like me and are always out of inventory space... maybe if they bumped it up to 100 or something it might not be so bad

I'm guessing you're giving up considering your reply to me was unrelated. If you're just confused, then here:

By mindlessly playing the game, I mean you're just bringing great gear and speeding through everything easily. I don't get how you thought I meant lore.

You must have never played any MMO before! (may I suggest WOW, the pve is pretty exciting atm) maybe skyrim or something come back then you'll understand why I said that.

/thread
[DOUBLEPOST=1436463375,1436462935][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Throw away drops you don't want" hardly qualifies as deep lore. Most players would call it common sense.

Resorting to hysterics / hyperbole makes an argument weaker. This is not game-breaking. If, as you claimed above, this tiny blip is "ruining your game experience," I think you need to reconsider what's essential, what is fairly important, and what is trifling. Sure looks triflin' to me.

lol dude do you play this game?? ( Like at all? ) xD lilbbsoqt trying to start an intellectual war on a terraria thread x)

SUGGESTION: Go to steam, update Terraria, make a new character and playthrough the first half of the game - all you need to do

If your inventory has more than four types of banner in it at any given time, you probably don't have any storage space. If it has more than three types, then you need some housing.

You must have never played any MMO before! (may I suggest WOW, the pve is pretty exciting atm) maybe skyrim or something come back then you'll understand why I said that.

/thread
[DOUBLEPOST=1436463375,1436462935][/DOUBLEPOST]

lol dude do you play this game?? ( Like at all? ) xD lilbbsoqt trying to start an intellectual war on a terraria thread x)

I don't think it's helpful to simply accuse others of not playing the game enough just because you disagree with their arguments. I have a helpful suggestion though that would be simple to implement and solve your issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and you didn't earlier hence why I can only assume I'm correct. So from what I can gather you use wired contraptions to get these drops you are concerned with and your inventory is becoming very slightly clogged with a number of banners. Surely you can just add a tiny piggybank or chest next to your character and store these banners in them so that every once in a while when you check in on your character you can just click on the handy new 'quick stack to nearby chests' icon that was added with the 1.3 update. A simple click will remove the banners from your inventory and save you the extra two clicks that you are rather bizarrely complaining about.

This should fully solve your problem so long as you are willing enough to click your mouse once.

P.S did you know that you can click on the 'edit' part of your posts to add anything else you need to say rather than post again. I believe the moderators can be a bit touchy about this subject so just a tip.

Last edited:

SUGGESTION: Go to steam, update Terraria, make a new character and playthrough the first half of the game - all you need to do
First, if you think Bethany is a "dude's" name you've got some embarrassing moments coming.

Second, I began 1.3 with a brand new character and standard new-player gear. I've been playing Terraria on PC since it was on Humble Bundle last year and have put in a few thousand hours with half a dozen characters.

And you know what? I have no problem deleting items I pick up that I don't want. Click, drag, release, done. See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Or is there some special reason a few centimeters of mouse motion now and then is so difficult that it "ruins your game experience"? If you've some physical disability that makes mousing painful I'll understand. Otherwise I'm afraid you're simply going to have to step into the real world and do what just about everyone else finds easy and quick: learn — and use — simple, basic inventory management skills.

If we were to make a change to just 1 drop per world I can see a lot of complaints from people with multiple builds (decoration purposes) or multiple arenas. Unfortunately I don't really see an option that makes everyone happy. It is pretty easy to just delete the duplicates. :p
Yesterday I killed my 700th zombie. Do you care?, Do I care? No
I don't know why the notifications were put in or the barrage of banners.
I can sort of see why the different slimes got banners for people too lazy to paint them, but still...

You know what. I agree with OP now. I was playing today and I found it excruciatingly hard. I remembered I had 2 choices. Make a chest and put it in, or delete it. I tried deleting it, but I was having a hard time clicking on the banner. I trained my hands a lot, and then attempted to put it in a chest. I failed sadly. plz nerf.

You know what. I agree with OP now. I was playing today and I found it excruciatingly hard. I remembered I had 2 choices. Make a chest and put it in, or delete it. I tried deleting it, but I was having a hard time clicking on the banner. I trained my hands a lot, and then attempted to put it in a chest. I failed sadly. plz nerf.
LOL!

The banner buff... In EM it doubles your damage and halves the enemies damage. That's freakin cray, cray.

I love the challenge fighting bosses in EM but often the mobs are simply a nuisance, I'd rather kill them as quick as possible and take their loot. Now whenever I find a banner that buffs I just place it down. If I'm in the dungeon it gets hung from the ceiling above me, elsewhere they hang from the dirt under my feet.

The decorative ones? Hang them, store them, or trash them (shift+click to trash still works if you're not looking in a chest), whatever.

I love the banners! Do not nerf! The mobs are strong in EM, the banners are a reward to make your life less repetitive and grindy - OK, so you can kill 50, here's something that will make it a bit quicker for you now.

My only gripe is the notifications, I'm not a big fan of on-screen text giving you constant information, I'd love it if you could turn those notifications off in the settings menu.

Last edited:
Maybe...just maybe, killing 50 (or up it to 100) gives you access to buying a banner off an NPC or something similar. That way, it doesn't clutter your inventory during exploration trips and you can get as much as you want. And it is also a money sink...seeing how money is even easier to get now.

There's a tonne of banners in this game, so I don't know how that would work for one NPC, but you get the idea.
I really like this idea. To expand upon it, perhaps the NPC in question could sell different stock depending on the time of day, any current events going on, the phase of the moon, and/or the biome he/she is living in.

For example, Werewolf Banners only during a Full Moon, Eclipse enemies during an Eclipse, Hallowed enemies if he/she lives in the Hallow, dungeon enemies during a New Moon, etc., similar to how other NPCs can change stock.

Between all the variants I'd think that all the possible banners would be covered. :)

Yesterday I killed my 700th zombie. Do you care?, Do I care? No
I don't know why the notifications were put in or the barrage of banners.
I can sort of see why the different slimes got banners for people too lazy to paint them, but still...

You seem to not understand how banners work now. Nearly every single monster in the game now has an earnable banner, because banners now increase your damage and defence against that creature. Hardly anyone seems to actually grasp this new concept. Banners are no longer a random thing to horde and string up in some in room, your supposed to place them in the world in chokepoints to create defensive areas. This is especially crucial on Expert Mode.

Re-Logic isn't going to change it because some users either don't know how banners work, are too lazy/impatient to trash banners they don't want, or both. Especially not after how much work was put into this new change, and how many hours we've spent testing it out.

Your all just going to have to learn to adapt to the way banners now work.

Dear God I can't agree enough with this. Banners have become the bane of my Terraria life.

I don't play games to do tedious busywork clearing up banners growing endlessly across my inventory like some sort of rainbow puke stain, especially in a game that uses 'hurl vast hordes of enemies at the player' as an integral part of the gameplay. It's like having to clear up a party in my own house, except a random number generator decided nothing at all is going to drop from a chain of eight nights of Frost Moon, so the party wasn't even worth having.

I can't go anywhere or do anything as a summoner without random garbage relentlessly spawning directly into my inventory because everything I go near dies. And I thought the piles of pixie dust, unicorn horns, and whatever plant got uprooted by a harsh glare while passing by was bad enough.

Maybe...just maybe, killing 50 (or up it to 100) gives you access to buying a banner off an NPC or something similar. That way, it doesn't clutter your inventory during exploration trips and you can get as much as you want. And it is also a money sink...seeing how money is even easier to get now.

There's a tonne of banners in this game, so I don't know how that would work for one NPC, but you get the idea.

I dont really care if banners change or not, but I'm going to support this because I always want more NPCs in my towns.
Vote banner NPC!

At first I was bothered a bit by how common banners were now, but then I realized that it was a blessing in disguise since banners give a huge boost when fighting the enemy for it. Now instead of hoarding them or trashing them, I just plop them down whenever I get them. No need to worry about inventory space or loosing a rare item anymore, and I get a bonus in combat!

Back
Top Bottom