tAPI Bluemagic's Mod - Elemental Unleash (Endgame Extension)

How difficult is the Phantom (compared to Duke Fishron)?

• Way too easy

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Easy

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Fair

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Hard

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • This poll has been closed since it is pre-v0.2.3.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's been a week, so that means it's time for spoilers! Shortly after the previous update, this mod's 50th item was created:
6CV2n4K.png

Unfortunately I feel like item #50 is one of the examples of my bad artwork... but I hope it's acceptable enough :indifferent:
All I'll say about this item is, it will be available in hardmode (before the elemental unleash), and it will be a real blessing to those who have a feud with RNGesus.

Anyways, at the moment there are 14 new items and counting for the next update, for a total of 59 items so far. (Although unfortunately it was unavoidable that a lot of the items were material items.)

I also posted another spoiler somewhere on the Internet if anyone cares enough to look for it.

Im willing to assist with spriting, Im not terribly bad (Not Terribly good either :p) But Ill try and help best I can :D

Edit1: Thought I might add a sprite as an example, of my spriting Skills (Or lack thereof)

Edit2: Was looking at your Boss Textures, amazing job! Did you do them personally or have help?

Attachments

• ShadowSword4.png
    ShadowSword4.png
    565 bytes · Views: 450
Last edited:
Im willing to assist with spriting, Im not terribly bad (Not Terribly good either :p) But Ill try and help best I can :D

Edit1: Thought I might add a sprite as an example, of my spriting Skills (Or lack thereof)

Edit2: Was looking at your Boss Textures, amazing job! Did you do them personally or have help?
That sprite looks decent enough. It would actually be a pretty cool sword in early-game (maybe even late-game depending on what it does).

For the boss sprites, well, for the Phantom's head I took a slightly modified color palette of ectoplasm then just created the shape that was in my head. For the Phantom's body, well... let's just say that could be improved a lot :p
For the abomination's sprite, I literally used the same color sprite of the Eye of Cthulhu, tried to make the veins similar to those of the EoC, then since the iris and pupil were relatively very small that part was easy. Then for stage 2 of the abomination I added a bunch of colored squares at the back.

Anyways, since another week has passed, I might as well release another spoiler. I posted this on reddit a week ago, but now it's confirmed for this mod:
Hope you get comfortable with battling Sentinels.

Also, this morning I had wisdom teeth surgery; hopefully this means I'll get to stay in my room all day, because that would mean I get to program all day. If everything goes well I should be able to release the next update within a week (this is an optimistic look though).

Edit: Also, the tutorial I just posted is related to something that will be in the next update.

Last edited:
That sprite looks decent enough. It would actually be a pretty cool sword in early-game (maybe even late-game depending on what it does).

For the boss sprites, well, for the Phantom's head I took a slightly modified color palette of ectoplasm then just created the shape that was in my head. For the Phantom's body, well... let's just say that could be improved a lot :p
For the abomination's sprite, I literally used the same color sprite of the Eye of Cthulhu, tried to make the veins similar to those of the EoC, then since the iris and pupil were relatively very small that part was easy. Then for stage 2 of the abomination I added a bunch of colored squares at the back.

Anyways, since another week has passed, I might as well release another spoiler. I posted this on reddit a week ago, but now it's confirmed for this mod:
Hope you get comfortable with battling Sentinels.

Also, this morning I had wisdom teeth surgery; hopefully this means I'll get to stay in my room all day, because that would mean I get to program all day. If everything goes well I should be able to release the next update within a week (this is an optimistic look though).

Edit: Also, the tutorial I just posted is related to something that will be in the next update.

personally I always envisioned it being a Sword with the ability to shoot projectiles, similiar in look to the Getsuga Tensho, and after so long in the air it turns into a blackhole-esque Entity, but it can be just about whatever, I can always make a more spacey sword later :p

personally I always envisioned it being a Sword with the ability to shoot projectiles, similiar in look to the Getsuga Tensho, and after so long in the air it turns into a blackhole-esque Entity, but it can be just about whatever, I can always make a more spacey sword later :p
Hm, the more I look at that sword, the more ideas I get about it (mostly about shadows). Hm... if only there were a shadow monster that would be perfect for dropping it... wait a minute... ;)

Hm, the more I look at that sword, the more ideas I get about it (mostly about shadows). Hm... if only there were a shadow monster that would be perfect for dropping it... wait a minute... ;)

Sounds like you've got some plans :p I also got a projectile it could might shoot

v0.2.4
- Added Celestial and Horror Runes and their ingredients
- Added Dimensional Chest (dropped by Abomination)
- Greatly reduced file size
- Added Clentamistation and droplets
- Added Flask of Ethereal Flames
- Added Wireless Transceiver (dropped by Sentinel)
- Nerfed stage 2 of the Phantom
- The Abomination is more aggressive when players run away
- Added Banners for all the new monsters
- Added Glowing Mushroom blocks and walls
- The glowing mushroom biome will spread post-Abomination
- Added diagonal, circular, and elliptical hitboxes (Phantom Blade and Phantom Sphere now use these)
- Fixed many bugs with the Phantom
- Fixed server crashed with the Phantom and Purium Arrows
- Added more rare drops
- Various other tweaks, improvements, and fixes

This update was relatively fun to make, with things like the Wireless Transceiver and custom hitboxes. At the same time, there were parts that were a major pain (tiles are so time-consuming to sprite). The list of changes is huge, but each thing listed is pretty small; I'd say this update was a bit smaller than v0.2.3.
I managed to reduce the file size of the download a lot; turned out I was storing a lot of unnecessary files in the mod (such as my banner).
Fun fact: I had planned how to program the Wireless Transceiver for such a long time before this update that it only took me around 3-4 hours to implement then bugfix the entire thing.
This update mostly added a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. It also fixed a ton of bugs (as far as I know everything should work on servers now). Also, it looks like my trend of buffing the Phantom has reversed; I keep nerfing it now >.<

Anyways, look forward to v0.3 as the next major update. Finally I will be able to get to the actual "Elemental" part of the mod.

Back to Original Post

Get help from the Hardmode Guide!
The Guide gives pretty useful tips, but once hardmode starts, his only use becomes to look up recipes you've forgotten. Wouldn't it be nice if there were someone to provide instructions throughout hardmode? The Hardmode Guide attempts to fix this problem; just enter hardmode to get her to spawn! (Note: The Hardmode Guide will not give tips on the Elemental Unleash; I will make a different NPC for that.)

World Control
Have you ever hated waiting for daytime or nighttime to do whatever you want to do? Have you ever cursed RNGesus for never giving you a solar eclipse, or encountered a blood moon while you're trying to build? Your problems will be solved here!
Once you defeat a mechanical boss, you will notice that most monsters will start dropping new items: drops of liquid. Surface monsters will drop Solar Drops during daytime, and Lunar Drops during nighttime. During a blood moon or a solar eclipse, monsters will also drop Horror Drops. These can be crafted into Runes that can change the time of day or toggle the blood moon / solar eclipse.
xuJHNXZ.png
+ 2
BPaotoW.png
=
kk4qxVn.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)
cU0thkx.png
=
92uoqYM.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)

The Clentaminator is a useful item, able to convert tiles and walls in the world to whatever biome you want. But what if you've already mined a bunch of infected blocks? It would be such a hassle to have to place them all down just to use the Clentaminator on them. Now introducing: the Clentamistation!
Imbuing_Station.png
+
Clentaminator.png
=
xDe8qQG.png
(requires
Tinkerer%27s_Workshop_%28placed%29.png
)
The Clentamistation allows you to use solutions to convert blocks into other blocks by crafting, at 100 blocks per solution. If you want to convert a specific number of blocks, you can also craft a solution into 100 droplets of the same color (no crafting station required), then use the Clentamistation to craft one block per droplet. If you accidentally make too many droplets, you can also combine 100 droplets back into a solution.

A new threat emerges from the dungeon!
Once Plantera has been defeated, the dungeon holds more dangers and treasures than what appears at first...

Craft a paladin emblem to awaken a powerful dungeon spirit:
Hallowed_Bar.png
+ 7
Ectoplasm.png
=
Iq4nLiX.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)

Use the paladin emblem underground inside the dungeon to fight the Phantom!
yJkgNed.jpg

When the phantom spawns small orbs, attack them to stop the phantom from unleashing devastating attacks!
gnesFcq.jpg
JHkO4XJ.jpg

Just when you think you can easily defeat the Phantom, it will enter a second stage and fire attacks more furiously. And do not leave the dungeon or the underground, or else it will become enraged!

Defeat the phantom to earn one of these new weapons:
Phantom Blade
ok8ntbm.png

Phantom Sphere
gy180V6.png

Spectre Gun
WjRJmld.png

Paladin Staff
Pzvy5sm.png

Note: The Phantom can only be summoned in the dungeon at underground elevations, and only in worlds where Plantera has been defeated.
Note: The Spectre Gun requires Wisps as ammo. This means it does not benefit from boosts for bullets, rockets, etc.
Ectoplasm.png
= 50
OiW2rXf.png
(requires
Work_Bench.png
)

Boss fight video:

A mixture which was never meant to be
Now here starts the real endgame extension. You feel like the king of the world; the Frost Moon, Duke Fishron, and the Phantom all fall to you with no effort. But an even greater evil lurks down below...

Once you download this mod, you might notice that some bosses drop new items, which can be combined into a very foul object:
giXkFUz.png
+
4WfnI5B.png
+
Beetle_Husk.png
+
CfvhrzZ.png
+
kkRw7ZG.png
=
EPhdU6T.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)

Use this item in the underworld to summon a monster that was never meant to exist, an ugly and imperfect mixture of many elements... The Abomination!
8uohAtx.jpg

The Abomination has made itself impervious to all attacks, but thanks to the powers of the lights, a sphere has formed around it from which it can be hurt. In other words, you will only be able to damage this monster when you are inside the white circle.

Beware of debuffs, and beware of the steep difficulty curve! It is recommended that you stay on your guard for the entire fight, even when it is about to die.

Boss Fight Video:

The Elemental Unleash (Beginning)
After you have defeated the Abomination, the elements that it has kept captive will be unleashed. The elements will return to their natural states... but also bring with them many dangerous monsters and powerful new items.

Defeating the Abomination will cause a new ore called Purium to generate in the world. Defeating the Abomination some more will cause even more Purium to generate, but each time less will be generated. (Similar to how smashing demon/crimson altars creates less ore each time.) Purium Ore will be pretty common, and relatively easy to find (no hopeless, endless search akin to Titanium), but this is because you will need a lot of it. In order to mine Purium Ore, you will need either a Picksaw from the Golem, or a Molten Drill:
hg5kCRC.png

The Abomination has a 100% chance to drop the Molten Drill. Note that the Molten Drill is basically a slower Picksaw that emits light; it exists only for those who have really bad luck with Golem drops.

Purium Ore in the World:
kxFRINr.jpg

The item form of Purium Ore:
BXY91bQ.png

Your first step will be to gather enough Purium to craft a new forge:
Adamantite_Forge.png
/
Titanium_Forge.png
+ 60
BXY91bQ.png
=
njaLsi9.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)

Now that you have a Purium Forge, you can craft bars out of your ores:
BXY91bQ.png
=
tmWHgeM.png
(requires
njaLsi9.png
)

Finally, now that you have Purium Bars, you can craft a Purium Anvil, which will be needed to craft all equipment in the Elemental Unleash.
tmWHgeM.png
=
YCnZeba.png
(requires
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
)

Using Purium Bars and the Purium Anvil, you can now craft new tools:
tmWHgeM.png
= one of the following tools (requires
YCnZeba.png
):
Purium Pickaxe
IIuT4TM.png

Purium Drill
3dBHJ4W.png

Purium Axe
nyI9JYK.png

Purium Chainsaw
Qnexc1i.png

Purium Hammer
vVhZdUj.png

Purium Jackhammer
58HC30Y.png

But be careful; the Elemental Unleash will bring out new, powerful monsters to stop you!
Nighttime Monsters:
fBoRWmt.png
SyM2LkL.png
Pz8Uydv.png
XlMaPsm.png

(Yes I know the Fury Night artwork is terrible)

Cavern Monsters:
nPC2xMM.png
CNJpzEf.png
n5tyn9M.png
fw92Lr8.png
Dyid9io.png

zdV8e45.png
Qe8j1gC.png
RigBSGN.png

You will be able to craft new and powerful armor and weapons in order to help in combat. The Purium armor set supports four classes: melee, ranged, magic, and summon. The four classes have two armor pieces in common:
tmWHgeM.png
=
vAhxVaQ.png
(requires
YCnZeba.png
)
tmWHgeM.png
=
qfsmMtY.png
(requires
YCnZeba.png
)
The Purium Helmet will greatly enhance your melee abilities. The Purium Visor is for ranged users, the Purium Headgear will increase your magic powers, and the Purium Mask will improve your summoning abilities. Make sure to wear a full set of armor to get the full benefits!
tmWHgeM.png
=
A227W3B.png
/
RB2VfSF.png
/
20dmpYP.png
/
Pn9K9Bu.png
(requires
YCnZeba.png
)

Some of the new weapons you will be able to craft:
tmWHgeM.png
= one of the following (requires
YCnZeba.png
)
Purium Slicer
GCaWCcE.png

Purium Breaker
VG5qfTO.png

Purium Lightbeam
qIknLrm.png

Purium Repeater
Bp9RKN8.png

Purium Shotbow
xNeg4cq.png

Purium Staff
VB8DHEi.png

Purium Totem
4Vgd1RE.png

Of course, what good would new weapons be without new ammunition?
Musket_Ball.png
+ 1
tmWHgeM.png
= 70
cNTEEYg.png
(requires
YCnZeba.png
)
tmWHgeM.png
= 50
yyzjY7a.png
(requires
YCnZeba.png
)

Some monsters will also drop secret weapons as uncommon drops. Their silhouettes are shown here. Try to find them all!
icaY1qs.png
OT8xmXE.png
qCAhuan.png
CFCiB3m.png

Spread of the Shrooms
With the defeat of the Abomination, one of the elements unleashed will be the deadly Glowing Mushrooms. The mushroom biome will start spreading through the world with the same speed as the post-Plantera corruption/crimson/hallow. Specifically, it will gain the ability to spread through stone, sand, and ice. It will even be able to convert underground dirt into mud! (Your surface dirt is safe.) Hope you have your tunnels ready.
gLOjeMS.jpg

EzpOG2W.jpg

You will also be able to use the Clentaminator or Clentamistation to convert Shroomstone to or from other stone, Shroomsand to or from other sand, and Dark Blue Ice to or from other ice. All three of these blocks contribute to mushroom biomes, Shroomsand will also contribute to the desert, and Dark Blue Ice will also contribute to snow biomes. The Shroomsand is affected by gravity and can be fired from Sandguns, and Dark Blue Ice is slippery.
If you gather enough Shroomsand in the world, you might be able to find a special type of Mummy.
You can also craft Shroomstone into... Mushroom Bricks! Mushroom bricks can also be crafted into Mushroom Brick Walls. All four mushroom blocks will emit blue light, just like mushroom grass. (The wall will not emit any light.)
2GjSIcv.png
=
wFT1nDm.png
(requires
Furnace_%28placed%29.gif
)
wFT1nDm.png
= 4
gBTE4H6.png
(requires
Work_Bench.png
)
gBTE4H6.png
=
wFT1nDm.png
(requires
Work_Bench.png
)
YxcW1Hy.jpg

Wireless Transceivers
As you explore the caverns, you will come to fear the Sentinels. You will dread as they teleport around you, firing projectiles that seem to inflict nearly every debuff. Certainly there must be some reason for it to be worth fighting them? Now introducing: the Wireless Transceiver! These devices use the teleporting technology of Sentinels to send signals to each other wirelessly. This means you can use them for wireless wiring!

Note: This video is best watched in HD.

In case you didn't understand the video, here is an explanation.
P6X1YEd.png

This is the Wireless Transceiver placed into a world. It has a size of 2 x 2 blocks. The bottom two numbers denote the transceiver's frequency. Transceivers can only communicate with other transceivers if they share the same frequency. This way, you can decide which transceivers can communicate with which. You must right-click the numbers in order to change the frequency. Frequencies can range from 00 to 99, for a total of 100 different frequencies (I hope that's enough).
You have probably noticed an antenna-thingy on the top-left, and a satellite-like-thingy on the top-right. Right-clicking them will toggle them on and off. Here is a transceiver that has a changed frequency and is turned off:
mtB8l5U.png

The antenna on the top-left is the transmitter, and the antenna on the top-right is the receiver. The transmitter must be on in order for the transceiver to send signals to other transceivers. The receiver must be on in order for the transceiver to be able to receive signals from other transceivers. This allows for one-way wiring, useful for things like connecting multiple timers to the same switch.

When wireless transceivers send signals, the signals include the color of the wire that activated the transceiver. This means that a transceiver activated by a red wire will active only red wires attached to other transceivers, etc. This essentially gives you triple the number of frequencies, since a transceiver connected to a red wire cannot activate green or blue wire connected to a transceiver of the same frequency, for example.

To send a signal, simply connect a wire to anywhere on the transceiver and activate the wire. A transceiver receiving a signal will activate wires connected to any of the four blocks that make up the transceiver.

The Elemental Unleash
As previously mentioned, defeating the Abomination frees the elements and returns them to their natural states. However, this means that they will be able to wield their full power against you! Many biomes will start to spawn powerful new monsters.

The Unleashed Desert
qwwEFDy.jpg

The Unleashed Ocean
zrdEe0V.jpg

Unleashed Horrors
aYWnudR.jpg

The Unleashed Corruption
cLt18Ah.jpg

The Unleashed Crimson
JgSbmgQ.jpg

Miscellaneous
Bottled_Water.png
+ 2
Ectoplasm.png
=
c6ez2Ht.png
(requires
Imbuing_Station_%28placed%29.gif
)

All monsters added by this mod will drop banners.

Last edited:
v0.3: Desert Unleashed
- Added Unleashed Desert monsters and Infected Mummy
- Increased spawn rate for post-Unleash Desert and Hallow
- Added Banners for Unleashed Desert monsters
- Minor Fixes

This update alone is rather small, but the entire v0.3 series of updates will be absolutely massive as a whole. It just made more sense for me to split up updates into biomes; that way it's easier for me to keep track of things, plus I get to release updates way more often. (This one only took around 5 days in fact.)
This update in particular adds a bunch of monsters to the desert biome. No new items yet; those will come at the end of the v0.3 series, just like how I waited until the end of the v0.2 series before I added items.
Also, you will learn to hate the Sarcophagus :naughty:

Also, two great things have happened recently. v0.2.2 alone got 100+ downloads (although to be honest it's just because v0.2.3 took forever), and the headaches from my wisdom tooth surgery have finally gone away (so I'll be able to concentrate more). Let's celebrate with a new banner!

Last edited:
v0.3.1: Ocean Unleashed
- Added Blockfish and Golden Fish Statue
- Added Unleashed Ocean monsters + Banners
- Increased spawn rate for post-Unleash Ocean
- Minor Tweaks and Fixes

The ocean is an absolute nightmare now. I feel truly sorry for anyone who happens to stumble into it unprepared :(

...Man, I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to update so quickly.

Last edited:
v0.3.2: Horrors Unleashed
- Added Unleashed Horror monsters + Banners
- Fixed Ocean monsters crashing servers
- Minor Improvements and Fixes

My favorite parts of this update are the debuffs and the new death messages.

Just a heads up, expect the next update to take longer than the recent ones, since I'll have to make monsters for both the corruption and the crimson.

Hey I Was Wondering. How Do You Even Install This Mod?
This mod is for r15 of tAPI, which is only for v1.2.4.1 of Terraria. So at the moment you can't install it unless you have all that. If you do, you can just copy the tapi file to the mods folder.
I'll probably continue to update this mod once I've made very substantial progress on the 1.3 tModLoader I'm working on right now.

This mod is for r15 of tAPI, which is only for v1.2.4.1 of Terraria. So at the moment you can't install it unless you have all that. If you do, you can just copy the tapi file to the mods folder.
I'll probably continue to update this mod once I've made very substantial progress on the 1.3 tModLoader I'm working on right now.
Also tApi 1.2.4.1 doesnt work for me all it just crashes. is there a way to fix this

Back
Top Bottom