Terraria 1.3.0.4 is Live - Changelog Included

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between "real difficulty" and "fake difficulty". Fake Difficulty would be classified as jacking the final boss' health, making him inescapable, making a debuff specifically designed to curb your healing ability and then making your weapons do less and less damage with every update.

Oh and then if you die you get to do all four towers again. This is not fun, it's tedious.

That's the ruthless RNG god for you. Some get nothing, others get flooded. Thankfully, patch 1.3 came with the amazing addition of Solar Tablets. Farm one yourself today! For every fragment dropped, you get a free updgrade to your chances to find another one a second later. Really, they're more frequent that grass in the purity biome. So head on down to your nearest temple, and take full advantage of this exclusive offer. Also available on consoles and mobile devices. Ok, so it's not that exclusive unless you're running OS X.
Hehe, thank you so much. That's great information without spoilers, so I seriously appreciate it. :)

hoping there's more multiplayer fps fixes soon. otherwise a lot of things are running smoother than they originally were!

Am I the only one to think we should be able to "cultivate" Luminite, like in "space"..? As in: wayyy up there???

Phantasm good weapon = let's nerf it. :red: logic. Now nerf moon lord drops too. Why archers always must be worst?
Acting like Tsunami wasn't the best weapon in 1.2.4

Acting like Hellwing isn't the absolute best WoF killer in the game now

Acting like Pulse Bow wasn't popular for completely humiliating the moon events

Acting like Jester's Arrows aren't the best Destroyer killer

Yeah, those poor archers just don't stand a chance, do they?

Hellwing is awful. Its stupidly low accuracy makes it difficult to hit anything with it. I was more successful using Molten Fury.

That's why I said WoF killer. Almost nothing can match its destructive might when shot upwards at it from below like people used to do with waterbolt all the time.

Jester arrows- destroyer killers? Always used holy, holy arrows + daedalus stormbow = destroyer killed in 25 seconds without any archer accesory and armor

Did you guys mess something up with Multiplayer? It seems me and my friends are having tons of lag ever since this patch came out. Nobody is downloading anything.

Phew... I'm playing for like 3 hours after the update. After some modification to my skybridge, I took on Moon Lord once again and won (although the heart dispenser didn't work as I wanted it, maybe due to the fact there are already 10 hearts in the world, possibly due the dead monster at the Pillars.). I admit, the fact magic mirror is out of equation now makes the fight much more harder. He's still doable, but I wish the dev may consider making the fight easier instead of taking out all the unorthodox strategy that allows first timer against him to win easily.

I have full vortex armor set, and had an Unreal VB and Unreal Sniper Rifle plus an elf melter (believe it or not, ironically, it saved my life a few times at solar pillar. The spinning enemy cannot reflect flames. Talk about fighting fire with fire.). As for accessory, I have the Vortex booster, sniper scope, Obsidian shield (too lazy to craft an Ankh one), Cross necklace and a Philosopher Stone, all refined to Menacing for +4% damage. (If you're first timer, Shroomite set plus the hoverboard might work too)

Basically my strategy is still the same, boost as far away from the boss as possible and fire away. However, if its head is charging its laser, I will hide underneath some of the dirt blocks I've placed above my skybridge until the danger pasts. Or I might just get hit by any other projectile and then phase through the laser harmlessly (thanks, cross necklace!). I didn't move my nurse despite the update and have healed once during the battle.

I've observed that Vortex Beater seemed to be shooting out its homing special shots more often now. Is it part of the VB buff?

Last edited:

It was not. But it was pretty good though

Not that you really ever had to rely on that, to be fair...

Was it really? I've never given it much attention, however I dare say the snowman cannon gets the job done any day of the week, with little to no effort to begin with.

100% agreed, it is one of the most viable options available, when facing the destroyer for the first time...

Well... They get outclassed fairly often. Let's be fair here... Mages pwn Moon events much better now, they kill most bosses faster, may even heal themselves and have the sickest DPS. Melee deals less DPS than mages, but they can ignore enemy defense when buffed with a sharpening wheel, they have the highest defensive values, can imbue weapons and use vampire knives to full potential.

me and my friends have been playing terraria and the steam server keeps on freezing and we are wondering if they will fix this in the next update
:sigh::zombie::golem:

Creating the arena mentioned needs only wood, torches, a bit of honey and heart lamps. It takes approximately 10 minutes of building and you're set for the boss fight, making it a guaranteed win if you're smart.

So, the building aspect involved in the arena is as little as it can be. :)
10 minutes of being bored. also your not counting the time it takes to find hearts or harvest honey more if your using star and heart statues
[DOUBLEPOST=1436515030,1436514974][/DOUBLEPOST]
me and my friends have been playing terraria and the steam server keeps on freezing and we are wondering if they will fix this in the next update
:sigh::zombie::golem:

this is not a bug report thread

Phantasm good weapon = let's nerf it. :red: logic. Now nerf moon lord drops too. Why archers always must be worst?

Phantasm was better then SDMG why wouldin't they nerf it.

#1 WRONG

#2 Right now maybe close call.

#3 So where alot of things i personally preferred the Razorpine

#4 I can tell you right now this is lies unless you mean arrows only

#5 they really really don't aside from mages great array of spells and debuffs and melees armor and life steal rangers honestly have the weakest set bonuses ill just stop shooting so my next shot does more dmg! in the middle of a battle! and losing DPS because im not shooting constantly. *slowclap* best set bonus.

This is a problem since I don't have Terraria on pc D:
Can't borrow parents' credit card (I'll use it in exchange for cash) because it's online so it's suspicious.

But gg nice fix. And may I ask, why are the Moon Lord's drops so OP? Last prism can deal a ton of damage and should be banned in PvP lol

This is a problem since I don't have Terraria on pc D:
Can't borrow parents' credit card (I'll use it in exchange for cash) because it's online so it's suspicious.

But gg nice fix. And may I ask, why are the Moon Lord's drops so OP? Last prism can deal a ton of damage and should be banned in PvP lol
The obvious answer is we took our time pwning the final boss of the game so we should be rewarded accordingly. I would be happier if they make the towers segment easier though. Like allowing us to skip/instantly destory one tower with a one use item or something (crafted with all the extra fragments.)

The obvious answer is we took our time pwning the final boss of the game so we should be rewarded accordingly. I would be happier if they make the towers segment easier though. Like allowing us to skip/instantly destory one tower with a one use item or something (crafted with all the extra fragments.)

But even the Last Prism can pwn the Moon Lord in less than a minute or two.

Phantasm was better then SDMG why wouldin't they nerf it.

#1 WRONG

#2 Right now maybe close call.

#3 So where alot of things i personally preferred the Razorpine

#4 I can tell you right now this is lies unless you mean arrows only

#5 they really really don't aside from mages great array of spells and debuffs and melees armor and life steal rangers honestly have the weakest set bonuses ill just stop shooting so my next shot does more dmg! in the middle of a battle! and losing DPS because im not shooting constantly. *slowclap* best set bonus.

#1 There are really people who didn't think a bow that could do about 1500 damage PER SHOT wasn't pretty much the best weapon of the game? At fast speeds? You were aware Tsunami could kill Ice Queen in actual seconds, right?

2. As of the time you fight Wall of Flesh, I can't think of any weapon that can pierce all 3 targets for good damage except maybe Demon Scythe, which is slow.

3. Yes, a lot of things could do it. Including a bow. That are supposedly horrible.

4. Nah, pretty sure that Titanium Repeater loaded with Jester's Arrows was and might still be the most effective way to kill Destroyer with pre mech gear.

5. I am pretty damn sure that when I was using Tsunami a month ago I was shooting a bunch of arrows that caused status afflictions like Ichor or Venom or caused stars to fall for huge damage, while never moving because everything up to and including event bosses died in just a few shots.

I understand the salt that happens when anything is nerfed in any game ever, but the raw numbers data shows that this "waaah archery is so neglected and underpowered!" mentality is just that; salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom