Your most hilarious / stupid death

Katie

Official Terrarian
Your most spectacularly stupid death!

So I managed to have the funniest death I think I ever had. Made me laugh with exasperation at the stupidity of it.

The other day I was talking on my stream about this big deep lake I have right next to my new base. In the beginning I dove straight into it forgetting I wouldn't be able to jump until I reached the bottom. It being dark I then wondered into a deeper part of it and couldn't work out how to get out. I think I had two deaths by drowning....

As I was explaining all of my fun anecdotes I was creating torches just next to the edges of the lake to light it up.... Then I realised the bubbles had gone... Uh oh, quick frantic rush to the surface (I now have a rope to the bottom).... I died about three pixels away from the surface!

Now that the bubbles have moved I wasn't paying attention to them and forgot! oops!

image.jpg

Tell me about your favourite death (what an immoral question that is if taken out of context lol)!

Theh purple lunar mobs have this little orb that sits on you and does substantial damage. If you have the ankh shield (which, let's face it, we all do) and you listen to music, it's very easy to die to that thing without even noticing you were taking damage. Doubly so if you use a vanity set which allows the thing to camouflage into your character.

I was goofing off with the Slime mount bug with the Dungeon Guardian and I left the PC to let the Slime mount kill off the 6 Dungeon Guardians. Came back and I saw ~100/9999. Went to sit down and my elbow tapped the arrow key and my character shifted to the left and I died when they all had ~10 HP left.

I just sat there and said, "Are you :redmunch:ing me? Damn, that was a stupid death."

Sat there laughing because of how stupid it was.

The slime mount exploit ("exploit") is that bounce functionality new for that mount? Seems people didn't really didn't discover it until 1.3

This was back before Medusa got nerfed. she turned me into stone while i was flying above a pool of lava. for some reason i had all my gold on me

I was playing on a server with a few friends in hardmode. I was deep underground hunting for crystals while they were up on the surface when the Destroyer spawned. I was the only vet player; they had no idea how to fight the thing so they just kept dying. I figured I was safe cause they just kept respawning and kept it distracted. But no, it decided to come to me. Of course, it was right when I had dug myself into a tiny crevice with no means of escape. Since there's no Magic Mirror button I opened my inventory, grabbed the mirror, then accidentally closed my inventory and dropped the thing. :nursesad:

At least I managed to pick it back up before I died. :sigh:

During the slime rain I was just killing slimes until king slime spawned in I was looking at the map and checking where he was and then he teleported on me killing me almost instantly.

And another one was underground right when I tried to use the slime mount to jump up somewhere high to get a chest, right as soon as I was about to land on the blocks near the chest...SUDDENLY MEDUSA and I missed the block and died to the insane fall damage.
gg medusa gg

Recently I had a very stupid death that made me feel like if i was even thinking correctly or not. I just finished killing a bunch of bosses because I was grinding for gold and I was carrying about 14 platinum. I just finished killing WOF and I accidentally hit Q ( drop weapon bind for me) and i dropped my Legendary Influx Waver into a pool of Lava. I was in so much panic that I hooked in right after it and for some stupid reason I thought I could find the weapon if I went deeper into the lava. So I just kept hooking deeper and deeper and before I knew it I had died and lost all my plat and my sword.:p

I dont know why everybody says Medusa is hard, even before the fix.
Anyways, in my new 1.3 world and character, i found a detonator wired to dynamite next to platinum ore. I thought, "Well, maybe i can get to a safe distance and press the detonator from there?" So I backed away as far as i could and switched the detonator. The dynamite had a huge blast radius

I dont know why everybody says Medusa is hard, even before the fix.
Anyways, in my new 1.3 world and character, i found a detonator wired to dynamite next to platinum ore. I thought, "Well, maybe i can get to a safe distance and press the detonator from there?" So I backed away as far as i could and switched the detonator. The dynamite had a huge blast radius
I believe they say it's hard because her ability was quite glitched and could even hit you through walls and such and as soon as you were turned to stone, you would fall and take over 9000 fall damage. She still kills from time to time in End game hard mode if i ignore her. I'm not sure if wearing a horseshoe stops the fall damage. I would assume it doesn't because the wing's also do not save you. Can anyone confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom