Flags are getting out of hand..

I don't see why you can't just trash the banners if you don't want them. I don't think claiming you "didn't just want to trash them" them is real complaint. I'm lazy too, I don't wanna trash them, so I just stuff them in a chest and clear it out from time to time. If you feel like you will need the banners, store them and if you don't think you want them, trash them. (They're good decorations for farms, certain biomes, maybe hang them around the world so you get buffs in certain places.) It isn't like you're forced to keep them, you make the decision to not trash or store them, and then claim they're cluttering your inventory. I agree, it could be better and the other system could be argued as better, but that doesn't mean it's "GAME BREAKING," as you put it.

I'm liking the idea of having someone who sells banners, perhaps after hitting the milestones for killing you'll get a banner for the first 50, and then buy additional banners for a price. Seems like something the clothier may sell.

You seem to not understand how banners work now. Nearly every single monster in the game now has an earnable banner, because banners now increase your damage and defence against that creature. Hardly anyone seems to actually grasp this new concept. Banners are no longer a random thing to horde and string up in some in room, your supposed to place them in the world in chokepoints to create defensive areas. This is especially crucial on Expert Mode.

Re-Logic isn't going to change it because some users either don't know how banners work, are too lazy/impatient to trash banners they don't want, or both. Especially not after how much work was put into this new change, and how many hours we've spent testing it out.

Your all just going to have to learn to adapt to the way banners now work.
You seem to not understand what my post was about. I was posting about the messages that you get after 50 kills of everything.
I know how banners work, that is why I am collecting them. But after you get a banner and have killed umteenth zombie, there is no reason you need to keep seeing " you've killed your 3000 so-and-so" trust me, it will get old for you too.

I find it funny how none of you actually play this game a lot because it would bother you too I know it. Go ahead have any experienced player play through 1.3 and ask them how they feel about it. I mean i'm sure you guys are pretty good and all but leave this up to the real players of the game who actually care to discuss it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436462145,1436462001][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean you would be right if I didn't have 2500+ hours played so yeah done just about everything in the game don't need some random to tell me how he thinks i'm doing something wrong xD. i love this game and this change is pretty game breaking FOR ME. i guess not so much others who are just commoners.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436462240][/DOUBLEPOST]That's all just made this account to vent a little bit and get some answers but it's a lot more clear to me now thanks everyone! Look forward to Terraria's future
So in other words, people are disagreeing with you because you are much more skilled at terraria than them, NOT that because it isn't a huge issue? I mean really, how annoying could it be to get a banner every now and then? Fifty kills is maybe ten minutes of play time? One banner every ten minutes is too much for you? This should not be listed as a bug.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will repeat it here...

I think the best option would be to add an option for us to click on EVERY inventory item and be able to select whether we want the auto-pickup feature to add it to inventory normally, not pick it up at all anymore, or move that item straight to the trash can. I am also getting tired of spending so much time emptying my inventory because it is full of *junk* (like banners I already have, dirt, cobwebs, mushrooms, etc.)

... if it was possible to add an option field for every item to be used by the auto-pickup routine, and then let the players just click on an item in inventory and choose what to do with that item from then on (until they changed it again)... that would be a perfect solution!

... just my .02

~Jim

I mean, I've been putting banners anywhere in the world the enemy is likely to show up. Eventually my world will have a universal damage bonus versus blue slimes and bats. Once that is done, I'll probably just sell them, they're worth a little change. If you don't want to hold on to them there's always that helpful lone slot in the corner that you can put infinite items in. I'm a little put off by the loss of the adventure in random banner drops, but being able to get the whole set, as well as the new functions, is a pretty fair price.

Maybe...just maybe, killing 50 (or up it to 100) gives you access to buying a banner off an NPC or something similar. That way, it doesn't clutter your inventory during exploration trips and you can get as much as you want. And it is also a money sink...seeing how money is even easier to get now.

There's a tonne of banners in this game, so I don't know how that would work for one NPC, but you get the idea.

That, or up the number of monster kills needed by doubling it each time.

Okay. Maybe doubling is a bit much. What if it was a smaller increase though? Maybe something more like 10%?
That would be a bit better, but I still don't think it's worth changing. Right now it's basically a free gift, all you have to do is place it somewhere and you get a huge boost in combat.

That would be a bit better, but I still don't think it's worth changing. Right now it's basically a free gift, all you have to do is place it somewhere and you get a huge boost in combat.

Yeah, but increasing it at some amount, even a small one, would cut down on getting them at the rather ridiculous pace we do now. Especially for enemies we have to fight almost constantly. We will still get one at 50 regardless, and another at 105 if a 10% increase per banner were initiated. That's two banners. Probably more than you would use for the combat boost anyway.

Anyway, I understand your opinion, and can respect that. I do wish that something could be done though. The buying once unlocked option sounds the best IMO. That could be a bit OP though. If you can just buy them and place them everywhere, you would have a permanent combat increase against all monsters everywhere so long as you have enough money to buy them.

Honestly i dont mind the banners, as many others as soon i get one i place them where i am, or well i place them in my arena. probably people get annoyed with them because invasion events but really isnt a big thing.

However i though banners have a function like everytime i killed for example: 50 enemies = banner lvl 1, 100 enemies = banner upgraded to lvl 2 and so on to the point the banner would be max upgraded. and honestly i would have liked that option because its an incentive to keep killing enemies to upgrade yor banners.

If people get mad with that, why not make:

1) your first banner from the 50th enemy make a banner NPC appear in your town if you have room for him/her, who would sell the banners from enemies you have defeated previously and got their banners (in case you want to place more for decorative purposes or buffs defense/arenas Zones from them) people dont keep getting banners from enemies only their first banners from the 50th enemy, and if they want more they can buy it from the NPC for a cheap price (copper)

2) to not make the "enemy counter useless" why no upgrade banners? make the first banner you get from the enemy have a low buff, im not good with that aspect but let say the lvl 1 slime banner give 2% more damage agaisnt slimes and defense from slimes, when players kills their 100th slime, they dont get a banner, instead their slime banner buff get upgraded to lvl 2 and give 4% more damage and defense agaisnt slimes, this would be a good incentive to keep killing enemies to upgrade your areas of defense, doing double damage and get half of the damage from the enemy you have the banner should be the max upgraded, and i honestly dont find that will be op because in order to get the buff you must place the banner, and only cover certain space, so if someone want to get the buff in all of their world they have to work first to upgrade their banner and then place them all over there. and once a banner its fully upgraded cant reach anymore buffs but will keep the track of how many enemies you have defeated.

3) i think the rooms for selling items from NPC isnt enough to cover the amount of banners from all the enemies in terraria and i honestly dont know if it possible to make "pages" for the NPC inventory, but if isnt possible, then maybe the NPC will sell certain set of banners every day, rotating the types of banners every day so players actually can keep buying those certain day if they need them.

that way i feel people would be happy in both sides, because they get their first banners will be only for the first time to make the NPC appear, people who want more banners can buy it for cheap from the NPC, and people actually have to work to upgrade their banners as incentive to get better buffs.

There is such a mechanic: calming potions and peace candles. No enemy spawns, no enemy kills, no enemy banners.

There is such a mechanic: calming potions and peace candles. No enemy spawns, no enemy kills, no enemy banners.

With the range of my projects, I would need to place a hundred peace candles then remove them and then continue to place&remove several time per project.
I would also need to farm a lot of damselfish on a sky island that I would need to build since I don't have those since more than a year.

If the calming potion has the same effect as as the sunflower, then combined with peaceful candle then it limit the mobs to 3 at the time instead of total.

With the range of my projects, I would need to place a hundred peace candles then remove them and then continue to place&remove several time per project.
I would also need to farm a lot of damselfish on a sky island that I would need to build since I don't have those since more than a year.

If the calming potion has the same effect as as the sunflower, then combined with peaceful candle then it limit the mobs to 3 at the time instead of total.
You should probably start a new world. There are now sky lakes in many worlds which you can fish for Damselfish at. Also I don't get what you're saying at the end there but polyglots get a pass.

You should probably start a new world. There are now sky lakes in many worlds which you can fish for Damselfish at. Also I don't get what you're saying at the end there but polyglots get a pass.

Sunflowers gives a buff that reduce enemy spawns and combine it with a peaceful candle buff it reduce monsters to 3 maximum at a time. If calm potion + peace candle do the same then it's not worth it. That's what I meant.

Also an actual option for it isn't going to hurt anybody you know. Why would somebody be upset that I don't get banners in my singleplayer game?

Back
Top Bottom