Votes: 17 18.7%
  • Incendiary Shot.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Hot Shot.

Votes: 40 44.0%

• Total voters

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Just an idea I had for Hellstone-tiered ammo.

These could be found by breaking Pots in the Underworld. They can also be crafted.

molten-bullet-png.134824

Molten Bullet, Incendiary Shot, or Hot Shot
10 Damage.
4 Velocity.
* Always inflict "On Fire!" for 1 second on hit.

Two possible recipes:

Recipe 1:
Musket_Ball.png
(70) Musket Balls
Hellstone_Bar.png
Hellstone Bar
@ an Anvil. Recipe makes 70.

This fits into the game as it exists now. Using Hellstone to upgrade basic ammo.

Recipe 2:
Musket_Ball.png
(50) Musket Balls
Hell Cinder
@ a Hellforge.
Recipe makes 50.

This one is infinitely renewable. Smelting the ammo itself into an improved version.

Phoenix_Blaster.png
molten-bullet-png.134824

Finally, the Phoenix Blaster would gain the ability to transform regular Musket Balls into these bullets, just like the Molten Fury transforms Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows. It makes sense, I mean, why shouldn't a fiery Handgun from Hell shoot flaming bullets that set enemies ablaze?
(Suggested by Snickerbobble)

Thanks for reading! Feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:
1 second of 'On Fire' won't do much damage, even residual. I suggest raising it to 5 seconds.
Five seconds is a bit overkill. The original 10 damage would be enough for Hell tier and maybe 2 seconds would make it good in that teir.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at the stats, 10 damage with 2 second 'On Fire' should be good even for hardmode. Silver bullets do 9 damage which means it's better than that, and Meteorite bullets do 9 damage and this can be an alternative to peircing.

This is a really good idea. If it becomes more successful, i may add an equivalent of it to my Frozen Hell thread- flash freeze bullets.

Added Hot Shot as another alternate name.

Please respond to the new poll.

1 second of 'On Fire' won't do much damage, even residual. I suggest raising it to 5 seconds.
Since every weapon in the game has a fire rate of more than 1 shot per second, it's enough to keep an enemy lit. This isn't supposed to cause fire-spam.

To people who think that a hell bullet is weak may I remind you of a weapon called the Phoenix Blaster?
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ardmode-gun-progression-ore-tiered-guns.1012/
I have a suggestion for that. ;)
Also support, hell needs more stuff...
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/ashwood-tree.635/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/post-mech-hell-expansion.830/
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/phoenix-feather-hardmode-hell-revival-accessory.941/
I have three more suggestions for that. :p

Last edited:
Five seconds is a bit overkill. The original 10 damage would be enough for Hell tier and maybe 2 seconds would make it good in that teir.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look at the stats, 10 damage with 2 second 'On Fire' should be good even for hardmode. Silver bullets do 9 damage which means it's better than that, and Meteorite bullets do 9 damage and this can be an alternative to peircing.

The Flamethrower causes the On Fire! debuff for a stupendous amount of time. It still doesn't make it good :/

They should also be sold in HM, at lest, if Hell Cinder isn´t added as well, so it is renewable either way.

Frostburn isn't good, it's just universally the best DoT we have at the moment. The only reason I use Frost armour is because of a combination of bright light and not having Titanium.

This game encourages concentrated firepower. A hit-and-run scenario for DoT wastes too much time in comparison to simply gunning them down with lots of bullets.

But this is off-topic, should be on the other thread.

Sounds decent enough for my support. Very simple but nonetheless developed enough to a good standard. I would definitely not mind something nice like this to appear in-game, it would be a neat addition.

Updated the main post.
Phoenix_Blaster.png
molten-bullet-png.134824
incendiary-shot-png.134821

Finally, the Phoenix Blaster would gain the ability to transform regular Musket Balls into these bullets, just like the Molten Fury transforms Wooden Arrows into Flaming Arrows. It makes sense, I mean, why shouldn't a fiery Handgun from Hell shoot flaming bullets that set enemies ablaze?

Honestly, it's about time.

THE PHOENIX BLASTER UPGRADING STANDARD SHOTS... WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT?

ON FIRE! IS A PRETTY BAD DEBUFF, THOUGH, SO MOST PEOPLE WOULD CRAFT THESE FOR DAMAGE

THE PHOENIX BLASTER UPGRADING STANDARD SHOTS... WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT?
What if the Phoenix Blaster shot musket balls as hot shots, much like Molten Fury shooting arrows as flaming arrows?
Because someone else did it already. (I just never got around to adding it to the main post.)
ON FIRE! IS A PRETTY BAD DEBUFF, THOUGH, SO MOST PEOPLE WOULD CRAFT THESE FOR DAMAGE
No DoT debuff is really that good, which is why I think they should be buffed a bit. *link*
I never thought I would see the day when I had to respond to your posts with replies to previous posts...

Back
Top Bottom