1.3 Expert Hardmode is too hard?

Yeah, I just wish I could beat Skeletron and get the mechanic. Without the ability to build arenas with traps, I'm not doing so well. I think I need more buffs before I go back out there. I also need some more stuff for trying WoF.

FYI I started an entirely new character on Expert. I even went and made an alternate Expert world so I could get the Corruption stuff(17%reduced damage is really helpful right now, but not quite enough).

Expert mode is, as it states, for experts. If you're not up to the challenge of scaling-with-your-progression mobs, then so be it. By hardmode, green slimes won't die to a swing of a Terra Blade. You have to accept that Expert mode is mean't to be challenging, not just when fighting bosses. If you weren't up for the challenge, you shouldn't have tried it.

Also, I'm not trying to say you're bad or anything. I die all the time to regular mobs in expert. Everyone does. Especially since, as I stated, mobs scale with your progression. When hardmode starts, pre-hardmode mobs get stronger. After Plantera (I believe, not 100% sure), all mobs get another boost. It makes the game less stale.

Yeah, I just wish I could beat Skeletron and get the mechanic. Without the ability to build arenas with traps, I'm not doing so well. I think I need more buffs before I go back out there. I also need some more stuff for trying WoF.
FYI I started an entirely new character on Expert. I even went and made an alternate Expert world so I could get the Corruption stuff(17%reduced damage is really helpful right now, but not quite enough).

Skeletron is harder than WoF. Trust me. Molten armor is a must, as well as potions, and at least a small arena with potential for high mobility.
And the worm scarf is arguably the best expert mode drop. Anyone who does not have it in expert mode, obviously is having a challenge. :p

Expert mode is, as it states, for experts. If you're not up to the challenge of scaling-with-your-progression mobs, then so be it. By hardmode, green slimes won't die to a swing of a Terra Blade. You have to accept that Expert mode is mean't to be challenging, not just when fighting bosses. If you weren't up for the challenge, you shouldn't have tried it.

Also, I'm not trying to say you're bad or anything. I die all the time to regular mobs in expert. Everyone does. Especially since, as I stated, mobs scale with your progression. When hardmode starts, pre-hardmode mobs get stronger. After Plantera (I believe, not 100% sure), all mobs get another boost. It makes the game less stale.

Skeletron is harder than WoF. Trust me. Molten armor is a must, as well as potions, and at least a small arena with potential for high mobility.
And the worm scarf is arguably the best expert mode drop. Anyone who does not have it in expert mode, obviously is having a challenge. :p

I'm gonna have to agree here, Skeletron is a pain in the :red: and definitely harder than running backwards spamming X weapon for the Wall of Flesh.

Speaking of Wall of Flesh, I actually had my computer slow down to like 1 FPS because of how much crap I was throwing at WoF and that for some reason, shadows weren't rendering correctly. It was tense as hell because I was nearing the end of my Hellbridge.

As for Expert Mode, the only problem I'm having is how stupid strong enemies are and how silly knockback resistant Hardmode enemies are. Soon as you kill WoF, you're basically going back to the copper sword in terms of power.

Also, I killed Skeletron with Crimtane stuff, so he's doable without Molten.

As for Expert Mode, the only problem I'm having is how stupid strong enemies are and how silly knockback resistant Hardmode enemies are. Soon as you kill WoF, you're basically going back to the copper sword in terms of power.

Well yes, as I said, expert modeeeee ;)

I started playing on an Expert mode world seriously last night, and I'm even limiting myself to Yoyo weapons only. Its hard, but it isn't too difficult. It feels right, strangely enough.

Eater of Worlds was a :redmunch: though, but I was using solely Yoyos.

Expert Mode isn't too hard until the very end. It's really rough, I do admit, it's nothing about anyone will be able to casually play and beat, as it requires you to be at the peak of your game to make progress in. You need to keep trying new things and put all the little tricks you know to the test.

I'm up to Moon Lord. I haven't beat him yet, mostly because I don't want to (re)learn him in Expert and I have no normal mode run up to him yet. I've completed every other task in the game from a fresh file, without THAT much trouble all things considered, but it was still quite the ordeal getting here.

Basically, Expert is just really hard. it's not unfair or unbeatable, but most players really won't have what it takes. There's nothing really wrong with this, so long as you know what you're getting into. Normal mode is by no means shameful to play in.

I've yet to find anything that lets me maneuver as well as the shield, so it's staying in my Bag of Tricksiness until I finish the Ninja Gear.

Not a bad idea, so long as you're able to at least temporarily retire it when it isn't helping.

The shield's major downside is the bash attack. It works great for dodging, until you bump something you didn't mean to and your momentum halts. Prime Saw, Plantera's Tentacle, to name a few things to hit that will make you cry for it.

Not a bad idea, so long as you're able to at least temporarily retire it when it isn't helping.

The shield's major downside is the bash attack. It works great for dodging, until you bump something you didn't mean to and your momentum halts. Prime Saw, Plantera's Tentacle, to name a few things to hit that will make you cry for it.

Yeah, I've already noticed its downsides in hardmode. Trying to dodge swarms of Crimson enemies takes like pixel precision. A feat I've yet to master. xD

I beat everything in expert, but I don't enjoy it as much and don't feel much point in it after first kills. All the expert-only loot is 100% drop rate. After getting all the best gear, loading up with potions, and setting the stage...it wasn't really THAT crazy difficult even to slay Moon Lord. Its just that without motivation I have found myself spending all my time in my old normal mode world (although some of the reason for that is how much I developed my base).

Interesting; I found the shield's bash to be its biggest strength allowing it to remain viable until Master Ninja Gear. I can see how accidentally triggering it can cause huge problems though.

after killing all mech bosses I had a break to gear up a bit, and to get a few life fruits, I have like 450 hp and turtle gear...today I got 4 solar eclipses one with some buffs from potions, the other 3 with nothing and they weren't that hard, yeah I got killed a few times, but I you can survive it...what I did is to fly in circles to avoid the mothron, and throw seeds from the seedler, anyway I could avoid most of its attacks and yeah it hits hard and it's though to kill, but I noticed that sometimes it charges and gets even the same speed as me (frost wings + frostpark boots with + 4 to movement) that's the hardest part from mothron.

so the only thing I actually complain about solar eclipse is mothron's fast charge attack and, the vampires, they're small and move fast as well

maybe you should get the worm scarf from eater of worlds and the flesh knuckles from the crimson biome mimic to stack defense (if you haven't got them yet)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom